The passing of a great Pioneer

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Stasia, who is Nelson's (nelo on the forum) wife sent me an e-mail this morning to let me know that Nelson passed away on May 24. Nelson was one of the founding members of the Pioneers. He had a fantastic sense of humor and will be missed greatly. Nelson was one of the first to pioneer stem cell treatment for COPD and certainly earned his Pioneer status. My heart goes out to Stasia and to Nelson's family.

rosech44

Hugs and Prayers for Stasia and Family

So very sorry to hear of his passing, he was a great Pioneer, and for that we are grateful. Please let his family know that we care.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
More information about Nelson

I will let Stasia know Rose. Here is another message I received from her:

Please emphasize the importance of keeping wounds clean. Nelson died from a staph infection that entered his blood stream from a wound on his leg. It was MRSA and by the time he let me take him to the hospital it had damaged an already overworked heart.

He has been so much better since his stem cell cocktail. We were looking forward to a long driving vacation. New Jersey, Chicago and Colorado. This was very sudden and I am still a bit dazed I think.

Jan - Our "resident" nurse has sent the following advise for us. Thanks, Jan

MRSA is a terrible "superbug" that has been on the rise for several years. It is rampant in the hospitals, passed from patient to patient by poor handwashing or not washing ones hands at all. Disgusting behavior for healthcare workers, doctors and nurses.

You can end up with it at home too with an infected wound. The best thing you can do to avoid this germ is to wash your hands with warm soap and water often. Especially after touching door handles, knobs, elevator buttons grocery carts. If you get an open sore or wound wash that with soap and water too. For counters and other surface areas in the kitchen , bathroom, or elswhere, get a spray bottle to keep a solution of bleech and water mixed at 2 tablespoons of bleech to a quart of water. This will take care of all germs. Jan