Thanks

John Henry

Barbara, I have read your two most recent interviews as well your posts on your site. Both you and Jeannine should be commended for the time and effort you both have dedicated to this most worthy cause. It always takes someone to step forward to undertake this arduous job and I am glad we have the both of you... I am still scanning the sites picking up useful information to help me make an informed decision in my Stem Cell selection. Your constant reminder about not rushing to decision is a very important note, because when you suffer from this disease you tend to think that you don't have much time to help arrest it. Making a rushed decision is not the route one should take. I'm also very interested in the Valve Insertion program that a couple of companies are involved in. I received such a benefit from my 1994 ( LVR ) that I would be very favorable to this procedure, especially since it is non-invasive and reversible. I'm really looking forward to this becoming available here in the U.S. If you should hear of any of them looking for clinical volunteers please let me know.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
John Henry - Thank you for being an active member. That's what makes this forum interesting for me. We do try to watch for clinicals that may be of benefit to our members on this forum and also www.copdliving.com for those with lung disease. There is a lot of new information coming out lately on many diseases that are being treated with stem cells. I think this is going to change the way a few companies are treating patients. There may be more emphasis on how to stop the production of certain proteins or triggers that may be the underlying cause of the disease. Stem cell therapy is great for regeneration, but scientists also are working on how to keep the body from continuing to do itself in for lack of a better description. These mechanisms must be stopped in many diseases as well as having regeneration take place.