Talked To Ed

rosech44

I talked to Ed today---Thanks Ed for being so nice--I got the application filled out and sent---

So, I guess I'd better get my questions ready----

Rose:D

shazza

hi
would you have eds email address? i'd like to ask him lots of questions about mexico and how its helped him
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Ed

Sharon - Ed is a member of this forum. Just click on members list, then click on E, go to Ed and e-mail from there. He also has a post under MS and in that post he gives his phone number. Ed suffers from MS and has had 2 umbilical cord stem cell treatments. Many of the neurological diseases require boosters. He surprised Jeannine and I when we went and showed up the same day for his booster that we got our treatment. Anytime, that a member does not give his or her e-mail address, you can also private e-mail from this forum and they will receive the message.

rosech44

sorry i've been quiet

My Dad is in N H in eastern oregon--developed a bleeding ulcer and almost bled out---I just got back from a flying trip--he is out of the woods, now and should be ok--- It's been a long weekend--

I have an appointment for phone conference aug. 21st--2;30 pm---I'm getting excited!!!! hope I will have my questions ready--

Rose

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Out of the woods

Glad to hear your dad is going to be okay. August 21st should be a good day. It is my favorite day of the year or at least it used to be until I got so old! Remember to take notes too, because you will never remember everything.

rosech44

talked to Ed

Hi Barbara--

Thanks for your response--I really thought I was losing Dad, friday night---

I was going over the diet--most of it we already do, altho we do still like a good steak, roast, h.b. now and then--Does anyone know if red meat is out forever, or just temporarily????? we have plenty of salmon/steelhead, but it is not alaskan--hubby keeps our freeser full from the Columbia River---also Sturgeon--good stuff--

Rose

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Diet

This diet is recommended for at least 6 months post stem cell treatment. As you can see, it is just a sensible diet for anyone. The more selected foods you can concentrate on, the better, but if you stray from time to time or even don't follow it at all, you will still see improvements. This diet, according to my doctor, enhances the engraftment. I paid good money to get the treatment, so I follow my doctor's orders. Other doctors have stricter diets and some have none. I think you will do just fine Rose. The main thing is to avoid the "avoid" category as much as possible and add the listed items to what you already are eating and then it becomes pretty easy to follow it. Some of the items such as cinnamon can be taken in supplement forum. We are planning to have a direct link to Puritan's Pride which is an excellent place to purchase the supplements that you will be taking post treatment. I had gained 30 pounds due to prednisone and have now lost 15 pounds on the diet and supplement regimens without doing any cutting back of any amounts of what I eat. Nelson has also lost over 30 pounds. If you don't need to lose weight, that's great, but if you do, you get that bonus also.

rosech44

the diet

Barbara----

I agree, if we are going to spend good money, better follow the Dr's. orders, had to follow a diet on other procedure as well--- I too have put on weight, so I can certainly afford to lose some----we will call that the added bonus!!!! lol

thanks--Rose

shazza

diet

This diet is recommended for at least 6 months post stem cell treatment. As you can see, it is just a sensible diet for anyone. The more selected foods you can concentrate on, the better, but if you stray from time to time or even don't follow it at all, you will still see improvements. This diet, according to my doctor, enhances the engraftment. I paid good money to get the treatment, so I follow my doctor's orders. Other doctors have stricter diets and some have none. I think you will do just fine Rose. The main thing is to avoid the "avoid" category as much as possible and add the listed items to what you already are eating and then it becomes pretty easy to follow it. Some of the items such as cinnamon can be taken in supplement forum. We are planning to have a direct link to Puritan's Pride which is an excellent place to purchase the supplements that you will be taking post treatment. I had gained 30 pounds due to prednisone and have now lost 15 pounds on the diet and supplement regimens without doing any cutting back of any amounts of what I eat. Nelson has also lost over 30 pounds. If you don't need to lose weight, that's great, but if you do, you get that bonus also.
hi barbara
my carers are only allowed to cook my food in the microwave its a silly rule l think so l eat a lot of ready meals and worry that this will affect the diet in anyway?
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Diet

I don't know what's in your ready meals, but the doctor where I went doesn't even like us to microwave the food. You will still see improvement I am sure if you never did any of the post stem cell protocols such as the diet, but we were told that they enhance the engraftment of the cells so I follow it. Some doctors have stricter rules, others have none, I just follow the protocols where I went because I paid good money for the treatment and feel that if the doctor wants me to do this for six months, I will. I find it interesting that many doctors feel this is a good diet for everyone whether they are ill or not. It is a common sense healthy diet that doesn't emphasize meat and has you avoid dairy products and alcohol. This diet is good for your heart, your weight, your stem cell engraftment, etc. I would suggest in your situation that you just do the best you can and try to get some fresh salads and things in if possible and if you are advised to take supplements do it. Each person is different and your doctor where you get the stem cell treatment is going to be your best source for advising you. I hope this helps and I am wishing in the future after your treatment, that you can fix your own meals!

shazza

Diet

I don't know what's in your ready meals, but the doctor where I went doesn't even like us to microwave the food. You will still see improvement I am sure if you never did any of the post stem cell protocols such as the diet, but we were told that they enhance the engraftment of the cells so I follow it. Some doctors have stricter rules, others have none, I just follow the protocols where I went because I paid good money for the treatment and feel that if the doctor wants me to do this for six months, I will. I find it interesting that many doctors feel this is a good diet for everyone whether they are ill or not. It is a common sense healthy diet that doesn't emphasize meat and has you avoid dairy products and alcohol. This diet is good for your heart, your weight, your stem cell engraftment, etc. I would suggest in your situation that you just do the best you can and try to get some fresh salads and things in if possible and if you are advised to take supplements do it. Each person is different and your doctor where you get the stem cell treatment is going to be your best source for advising you. I hope this helps and I am wishing in the future after your treatment, that you can fix your own meals!
hi barbara
l avoid alcohol because of the medication l take, l dont eat a great deal of meat so i'd find it very easy to stop eating it for 6 months and could cut dairy foods out and l eat salad foods now!
sharon