Stroke Therapy Questions answerd by SCB

mbuco

I am just posting some of the answers that I had received from an email to Dr. Feinerman at SCB. My daughter had a stroke in utero and I am looking to go to SCB, but I was getting some conflicting information that I wanted to clarify.

1. Regecell posted this on Stem Cell Pioneers web site. Cord blood stem
cells is the preferred choice versus those provided by a family member who has recently given birth. Is there any science behind this?
Answer: WE SHALL USE UMBILICAL CORD STEM CELLS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN EXTRACTED. THESE ARE THEN PLACED IN LABORATORY CULTURE FOR FOUR WEEKS AND PROGRAMMED TO BECOME SPECIFIC NEURON STEM CELLS.

2. Dr Sean Hu, the chairman and founder of Beike Biotechnology says:
We believe the umbilical cord blood stem cells work best for spinal cord
injuries,ataxia, cerebral palsy, and multiple sclerosis. They are not thought to
be effective in stroke, in which amniotic membrane stem cells are considered to be the best choice. Do you find this to be true? If so, I am confused because children can have strokes and then end up with cerebral palsy or forms of it.
Answer: THERE IS NO BASIS FOR STATING THAT AMNIOTIC MEMBRANE STEM CELLS ARE A BETTER SOURCE FOR NEURON STEM CELLS. UMBILICAL CORD STEM CELLS CAN BE PROGRAMED TO BECOME NEURON STEM CELLS THAT FUNCTION WELL.

3. Do you give the same amount of cells to all patients regardless of age?
Since they are given at the same time is their a chance of overdosing?
Answer: THERE IS NO PROBLEM IN OVERDOSING. PATIENTS REGARDLESS OF AGE DO RECEIVE THE SAME DOSE OF 100 MILLION CELLS.

4. I believe that when we spoke last that an American doctor was doing the
infusions in Grand Cayman is that correct?
Answer: AN AMERICAN DOCTOR WHO IS LICENSED IN GRAND CAYMAN ISLAND WILL DO THE INFUSION OF STEM CELLS.

5. Can you give me exactly what goes into the stem cells. Like for my
daughter what parts of the stem cells would you use, what would you add to them to grow them, where are they differentiated and how. I guess I just would want a more detailed explanation on what happens to the cells.
Answer: WE ADD BRAIN NEUROPEPTIDE, NEUROTROPHIN, NERTVE CELL FACTOR, VASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL FACTOR AND GLIAL GROWTH FACTOR TO THE NEURON STEM CELLS IN CULTURE.

Hope this helps anyone researching SCB!!