Stroke has destroyed everything in my life

maree

Hi, I suffered a left CVA 19 very long years ago, and have tried everything, with Stem Cell therapy being my last hope, before I turn to EXIT International. I am currently booked for treatment at Regen Center in the Dominican Republic in mid August. I have yet to pay the US$14800 price tag, as I am concerned that they have only treated young kids, rather than adults like myself, and with the (now) poorly performing au$ I did not really want to commit myself to something that does not offer me any benefit. I could have had the same treatment at the same price four years ago, when the au$ was s good, but my neurologist at the time, was skeptical of the treatment, and i foolishly listened to him, and let the chance go by. Now, when it might have only cost me around au$13000, then, it will cost me about au$20,000. But, i am more concerned with success. Has anyone had any experience with them, or using ones own stem cells?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Do you know who the doctor(s) are that would be treating you? From reading their website, it sounds as if they are using adipose derived stem cells. Is there something that would differentiate the treatment they have available vs another clinic? I am just wondering why you selected this clinic. Under diseases treated, stroke is not specifically mentioned.

I believe that stem cell treatment can help stroke victims. Look at Gordie Howe for instance! Have you inquired at Stemedica where he was treated to compare treatments? EXIT International I hope will not ever be a choice you want to make. Do everything in your power to try stem cells or other options that you want. Your neurologist, in my opinion, was wrong to dissuade you as you are a no option patient. You have tried all conventional treatments. What else did he have to offer? Nothing!! Go for whatever is in your power maree. Your life is important.

maree

Maybe I can change my plans

Hi Barbara, thanks for your reply. I have emailed Stemedica, and am hopeful of a quick reply as I have already booked and paid for, my airfare to the Dominican Republic, but I can get it changed if i move quickly.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Please let us know what you decide. If you don't hear back, I would call or e-mail again.

maree

Chaging my plans

Hi Barbara
I received a reply from Stemedica this morning (obviously overnight during their day).
I am planning to change to them, but am waiting on a treatment date, so that I can use the original ticket that I purchased for the trip, 2 weeks from now, to the Dominican Republic.
I am glad that I posted on here, it was just by chance that I found this website.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
maree - I am ecstatic to hear that you heard back and that you will be getting treatment. Their success with stroke specifically is why I mentioned them. Thank you for posting your story. It is so important to hear from patients. I'm glad you found our site too!

maree

changing my plans

Hi Barb, it looks like, somehow, that my original emails was either lost or hijacked, as I received a reply from Burton Feinerman, who I thought represented Stemedica (I just assumed that it was them because of the time frame). I was a bit confused when there was no mention of Stemedica on the website I followed up on, but, I just assumed that he was representing Stemedica, until I did a NET search, and found a couple of negative comments on this website (along with a positive one, too). So I have resent my enquiry today, with fingers crossed this time. Not happy as the time for me to change my air ticket is quickly drawing to a close; I have only 3 more days to change it.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Is it possible for you to call them since you are in a time crunch?

Dr. Burton Feinerman is a wonderful, caring doctor. He has his own private practice in Florida. I had treatment from him and benefited greatly, however I have not suffered a stroke. The reason I suggested Stemedica is because of how Gordie Howe, a stroke victim, has had so many improvements since being treated there and the fact that they are doing a lot of research on the treatment of patients who have had a stroke.