stemcell therapy treatment questions?

arichardn5

with all that i have read on stemcell therapy treatments, different types of stemcells, embryonic, adult, umbilical and all those other names,etc., i have to admit that it is overwhelming and confusing as to which treatment is best for someone, what clinic to go with, where one should travel to for the treatment, etc. what do they do at these various clinics, give the patient a shot of each type, or something like a stemcell cocktail of many different types. it almost takes a medical degree to understand all of what i read because there are so many different types of stemcells, medical terminology, ect. sometimes i feel that the more i read about stemcell therapy, treatments, etc., the more confused i get. i guess by living in so. california, my choice for treatment should be with stem cell biotherapy as tijuana is not that far away and the price of the treatment is expensive for me but within range of reason if i would like to breath better again. any comments from some of you that have had the treatment from anywhere will be appreciated and i also want to thank those of you that responded to my other post. many good helpful insights were left by you caring people. regards, richard

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Difficult and confusing for sure

Richard - It is confusing to say the least. You can read and study until you are blue in the face, but the fact of the matter is that no one yet has found the perfect method of delivery or the "cocktail" that is going to bring us all back to normal. This is a pioneering technique. I had umbilical cord stem cell therapy and it was infused via an IV. Those with neurological conditions were given injections in the back of the neck at the clinic I went to. This is not a magic pill by any means. Some people show more improvement than others. Some people say stem cells really do no more than give us a placebo effect. I will say that I truly believe that my stem cell treatment has stopped the progression of my disease. Some diseases have a more impressive outcome than others. It is just not a treatment where long term studies exist in most cases.

As for the choice of clinics, I went solely based on location because I really wasn't up to traveling a long distance. It looks like in the VERY near future that SCB will be getting some competition in Tijuana. A doctor with excellent credentials from the U.S. is starting umbilical cord stem cell therapy in Tijuana. We will have more details available soon for those that might wish to compare and research this clinic.