Stem Cells placed into his heart

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Israel restrictions?

I was just wondering if Israel wasn't allowing the actual procedure to be done there, just like the problem we have in the U.S.? They seem to be able to prepare the cells at least from what the article said even though they had to be implanted in Thailand. Such miraculous stuff and governments are making those of us who are seriously ill and dying wait for what? Documentation, proof, long term results? This deathly ill man was forced to travel halfway across the world for something he should have had an option to receive where he lives. I do hope we are the edge of major change in the U.S. and other countries. The technology is here, now we need the recognition that this is not science fiction stuff.

Anastasia

It's big Pharma...

The major pharmaceutical companies are fueling all the debate about stem cell therapy. Have you considered the billions of dollars they will lose ... just think about what your medications cost for one year. It's very convenient for them that the religious fanatics (and just the fanatics, I might add) are so vocal about something they know nothing about. We will need a major uprising of the middle class to effect change in this country. As long as the rich are making money from their pharm stocks and can afford to go around the world for their own treatments, the rest of us can all drop dead from curable diseases...they don't care Whew...that felt good!