stem cells for stroke patient

flor

My mom had a massive stroke 6 years ago. She is 63 now. As a result of the stroke she suffers mixed aphasia, which affected her speech and comprehension. I have been following this research for years now and I don't know what to believe

Did anybody tried this treatment for something similar to my mom's illnes?

On the other hand, I read that some people will go or went for "Another round" why another? one is not good enough?

I also read, that there are two options, one where the cells are injected directly into the brain, but is a lot more expensive. Did anybody did this? is worth to do the more expensive? I am really worried about making the right decision since we are going to sell an apartment to be able to do this, but if is worth it, I wont think twice

Also...Germany or Costa Rica?

I will appreciate if people who says is a ripoff can explain exactly what the illness is, because it confuses other people. I read everywhere that the treatment is effective in SOME cases, not for everything. So, to say that "it doesn't work", is a little vague

Anything anybody can suggest about the treatment of patients like my mom is greatly appreciated

Thank you

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Flor - Unfortunately, one size doesn't fit all. One treatment might be helpful in some cases and repeated treatments might be necessary in others. The stem cell industry is in its infancy. There are just no long term statistics available. I would think your best bet would be to contact many clinics and ask specifically about what your mom has and ask if they have treated similar cases with success. There are good clinics and bad clinics out there, so of course it is always Buyer Beware. Also, be cautious of over zealous sales people who tout success stories left and right. Try to talk to the doctors if at all possible. Sometimes, on the initial call this may not happen, but if you are going to spend a lot of your hard earned money, remember that you deserve to get your questions answered by medical doctors or the research team at the clinic who also would be quite knowledgeable.

I will send you the resource page by private message that we have in our book, "Stem Cell Pioneers". The list includes only those that have proven that they care about patients and the outcome of their treatments. There may be other good clinics but the list includes those that we hear the most about. I hope you will keep us updated as to how your search is going.

flor

I will send you the resource page by private message that we have in our book, "Stem Cell Pioneers". The list includes only those that have proven that they care about patients and the outcome of their treatments. There may be other good clinics but the list includes those that we hear the most about. I hope you will keep us updated as to how your search is going.[/QUOTE]

Hi Barbara. It has been a long time. Once in a while I comeback to the search...
I never received the page that you mentioned, or maybe I don't know how to look for it. Here is my email flofontanellamakeup@yahoo.com. Just in case there is something new out there in terms of new treatment that can, at least, give my mom a better quality of life.
Thank you!

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
A lot of change has occurred since 2009 flor. I would encourage you to look in the Ask the Doctor section for information. Welcome Back.