stem cell transplantation

arichardn5

interesting but?

not sure how good their procedures, preparations are, etc. are as i am just learning about all this. sort of like you order from them what you need as far as a treatment goes for your condition according to their advisors staff, etc. then they send it already prepared for you after you pay for it, you take it to your doctor, clinic, whatever and they inject it into you. almost a do it yourself stemcell treatment? comments are very welcome, richard

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Unless you have a trained lab techincian, nurse or physician [present I wouldn't try to perform an IV transfusion on myself.

This sounds very odd to me and I douby many physicians would be willing to go along with this.

It is live cells from rabbits they are marketing - not umbilical cord stem cells from humans

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Yikes!!!!!

Richard - This is NOT a good idea. Not only can you get disease (potentially fatal) from such a thing, live cells will not do any more than give you a temporary fix and sometimes not even that. Live cells are from animals and are not the same as human stem cells. They do not have the potential to be able to engraft and regenerate tissue as stem cells do. I can slap a double red flag warning on this one if you would like. I am glad you posted however, because it is important that stem cell treatment not be taken lightly and that everyone realizes there is a potential for some serious disease if cells are not screened properly or if you are attempting therapy with questionable clinics and doctors. It is not a do it yourself at home kind of thing to do. I seriously see this as something that will someday be able to be done at your doctor's office, but under tightly controlled circumstances. That is why I am warning people to ask for certification that the stem cells have been screened for disease. It really is important. You are doing a good job of researching and I give you my gold star of the day for that, but this gets a thumbs down big time from me.

arichardn5

ooooooops!

thank you all, i didnt read the rabbit part until after i posted the thread and reply, it did sound a little too easy, no wonder. according to the site, there is a doctor in tijuiana that is using their treatment procedures, wont say his name though, i have read about him before somewhere on the internet. and life goes on as we learn about stemcell treatments, smile.