'Star Trek' Star William Shatner Gets Stem Cell Treatment

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Newsmax
By Zoe Papadakis | 03 June 2019

https://www.newsmax.com/health/health-news/william-shatner-stem-cell-aging/2019/06/03/id/918709/

"Star Trek" writers killed Captain Kirk off 15 years ago, but William Shatner has proven to be more hardy than his onscreen iconic character.

Now Shatner decided to undergo restorative stem cell treatment in an attempt to rejuvenate his body — or perhaps he is just willing to try something a little different in the fight against aging.

The 88-year-old actor announced on social media that he had received restorative stem cell treatment from the ProGenaCell treatment facility.

"The stem cells were manufactured by Invitrx here in So Cal," Shatner said in a tweet. "My friend Dr Mathi Senapathi gave the cells to me intravenously. Is it possible to turn back the clock? I will let you know."

In recent years the fairly new and experimental therapy has grown in popularity, with hundreds of clinics across the U.S. claiming successful interventions for sports injuries and various conditions including autism and Alzheimer’s disease.

Shatner, who has become an unofficial spokesperson for longevity, has decided the risks are worth it. The "Star Trek" star has spoken openly about getting older but until now he has maintained a holistic approach to aging.

"It’s expected that as you get older you’ll decline," he previously told Personal Health News. However, he added that "you can take [care] of yourself."

His recommendations included keeping active "because your brain is affected by the rest of your body” and living life to the fullest.

"I know that good, healthy aging comes from not being solitary or brooding," he said. "Say yes to life, yes to dinner, yes to going out, and yes to something new, because time is too short to lose one opportunity to sacrifice another."