should I have not posted ?

zar

I posted a report that was on TV, (a vidio)on another forum.
It was removed as it was thought to be politcal.
I now understand this report will not be shown in the US
Here is some of what was in the report
There are 45 million people in the US that do not have health insurance.
Twenty three million die each year because they don't have health insurance.
The health insurance companies have spent 1Billion dollars to prevent health care reform.
Some of them pay their employees a bonus if they can find ways in the polices so that the companies do not have to pay out claims i.e.that you are over weight.
One employee found 300 and saved the company 7 million dollars.Health care is worth 2 trillion dollars per year.
A husband and wife lived in a tent so they could pay the medical bills for the wife she has cancer.
One woman with 5 children needs a liver transplant,,and would have to go to another state to see IF they could help her.
Some medication is twice as high than in other countries
and six time more than the UK.
I spent 30years paying medical aid (in Africa) so I know how important it is especially with a family
When I posted this report I was not thinking with my head but with my heart(not political).
someone asked why she could not access this report.
Now I realize the political side of it
But I still believe that the more Americans know about this the better.
You can't expect one man to change this alone.
Many people should speak with one voice.
Was I wrong?

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Zar

We try to avoid heated political issues on this forum because it will cause arguments unrelated to the purpose of this forum.

Some people are for universal health care and others are against it and that topic is best left alone. I don't know who removed your post.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Health care - Another entitlement?

I think it was removed from another forum is what Zar is saying. I don't mind if you post it as long as it doesn't turn into a political argument as Jeannine cautions. If it does, a moderator will cut it off. I am on the fence on the issue because quite frankly because of the use of the medical system by those that are not citizens and the fact that I know of people without funds that have never been turned away for health care at a hospital. One thing that any of us can do is to carefully scrutinize all hospital and doctor bills for items that are billed for in error. If each person would take this initiative, the savings would be enormous on an already over burdened system. Another thing to consider is the overuse of medicine. I have taken my 88 year old mother off of all medications her doctor prescribed for her. She was becoming a mess. I have her using Cell Advance every other day, 1 Colostrom lozenge and BrainBoost on a daily basis and she is thriving. Her doctor is not pleased about it I can tell you. I realize that some medication is essential for some conditions, but we are also one of the most over medicated societies that there is. I also become offended by those that claim they cannot afford medical insurance and yet have all the latest gadgets, new cars, lots of kids, etc. It is a matter of priority to these people and I don't feel like chipping in for them. I have ranted enough because just what I said will cause those that think National Health Care is the most important issue here in the U.S. (and elsewhere I am sure) to disagree with me adamantly.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
How to cut costs

Here's another thing to consider. I am posting this for Pat. There is an e-mail address in his letter where you can send your own comments to the White House.

Dear Mr President,

My suggestion is very simple: PLACE PRICE CONTROLS ON ALL MEDICAL/DENTAL COSTS. THIS TO INCLUDE MEDICATIONS. Later on, start ROLLBACKS.

This would immediately: 1) cut costs of U.S. manufacturers to make them much more competitive in world markets, 2) help virtually every U.S. household struggling with year-after-year increases in Med. costs 3) begin to slash Medicare costs.

Now, I know so-called "economists" will cry out to you, "It won't work, there will be widespread cheating." I ask you this: "Is what we are doing now working ? Don't we have widespread cheating now ?" Right this minute, I know of a chiropractor who is billing for a stretch machine he doesn't even have !!.

I happen to have a single, humble degree in Economics. But, I'd never call myself an "economist". Anyway, I believe common sense trumps multiple degrees every time.

It seems to me that our Medical system is a huge, swollen, overflowing vat of money. It invites cheats everywhere to tap into it..

I firmly believe that Harry Truman would have done the above 10/15 years ago, and he'd then he'd be re-elected for the next 200 years!!

If readers here agree with this suggestion, I invite them to forward this on to their address list, and to send a copy of this, together with your own comments to the President at comments@whitehouse.gov (It's important to have MANY messages arrive at the White House because it is MUCH more likely to reach the President)

Thank you very much for your attention.

Patrick Higgins