Should I Do This?

Dwayne

I am not very disabled yet, but along way from where I was even 2 years ago. Should I have Fetal Stem Cell Therapy??? I have the money and I am not afraid but, will it do me any good? Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Dwayne

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Dwayne - What have you read or been told that makes you think fetal stem cells would be an advantage over other types of stem cells for you?

Achillian

Should I Do This

Dwayne, have you ever been tested for Lyme Disease?
I've recently been treated at a hospital in the UK, having been diagnosed with Lyme. I met some people there who were misdiagnosed as having MS. A lot of the symptoms overlap, so I would urge you to get tested. As you live in the US, you should ask to be tested at Igenex labs.
Believe me I've no vested interest in that lab, wasn't even tested there.
FAO of others who know me from previous posts, my stem cell experience didn't do me any good. In fact it made me a hundred times worse, because the Lyme was still active, so autologous stem cells was not a good idea to say the least!!
Anne

Dwayne

Dwayne - What have you read or been told that makes you think fetal stem cells would be an advantage over other types of stem cells for you?
Barbara - I think it is the marketing and maybe hopeful thinking. It makes sense that they will not have an ID to a certain age and that they are more potant than using your own or umbillical. The cost is about a wash either way, I am just looking for the best chance of me getting better or at least not getting any worse. MS has already taken my selfesteem and vitality, I can only believe it gets worse. I have stopped Copaxone and am doing the PK Protocal. The very first treatment, within hours I would have sworn that I was cured, no more limping, no more numbness, within a week I was back to where I had been. $7K and 6 months gone.

I would like to know if there is a reason that it isn't as good or better.

Dwayne, have you ever been tested for Lyme Disease?
I've recently been treated at a hospital in the UK, having been diagnosed with Lyme. I met some people there who were misdiagnosed as having MS. A lot of the symptoms overlap, so I would urge you to get tested. As you live in the US, you should ask to be tested at Igenex labs.
Believe me I've no vested interest in that lab, wasn't even tested there.
FAO of others who know me from previous posts, my stem cell experience didn't do me any good. In fact it made me a hundred times worse, because the Lyme was still active, so autologous stem cells was not a good idea to say the least!!
Anne
Anne - I have not been tested for Lyme disease, but I will get tested. Thanks for the heads up. I guess the reason I never questioned it was because of the slow nature in which it happened, I see it now but, did not at the time. I love two sports that show your abilities, Slalom waterskiing and snowboarding. Slalom skiing is done in a standard course at set speed the only variable is the length of the rope, the better you are the shorter the rope. I have skied and competed all over the world. Each year from 2003 I got progressively worse each summer, same with snowboarding each winter.

scan0004 (Small) (Small).jpg

On my birthday in 2007 I woke up with my left foot asleep, it has been asleep since then except for the one week when I started the PK now it has added my left hand and I have a pronounced limp - drag.

I guess those and the fact that my sister was diagnosed with MS in 1995 are the reasons I trusted what they told me.

Sorry about the long reply.

Dwayne

shazza

hi
it must be so upsetting that you cant do those things anymore!!
l was passionate about gardening and can no longer do that, im paralysed down one side but im hoping that with help from stemcells i'll be able to do alot of the things l love!
tell me though, why are you more interested in fetal cells?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Dwayne - what an awful birthday present. I can understand your wanting to try any treatment that could possibly help, but you do need to be cautious at the same time. I don't mean old fuddy, duddy cautious, but careful nevertheless. Have you looked into the pilot study for MS that NepsisTech will be launching this summer? I do think it is worth having the test for Lyme disease first, just in case. Stem cell treatment can make conditions worse in some cases.

Dwayne

Thanks

Sazza - Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. I honestly appreciate that I am still doing quite well. There was a news report on our local network showing a wheelchair bound women with MS after her stem cell treatment, she was very happy just to have some use of her left hand again.In comparision, I truly don't have that much to complain about. I don't know what part of the UK you live in but, it seems there is alot of MS there. My wife works for BT so I have spent alot of time there. I would truly hate to be a handicapped person in London, way to many stairs.

Barbara - What are the issues with fetal stem cells? Do I have a reason to worry? Is there anyone here that has done it? How has your autologous treatments worked? It seems like you have had a bunch. Does it cost every time?

If I do this I will post reports to let everyone know how it is working. I hope this will help all of us.

Thanks Again

Dwayne

Last edited:

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Dwayne - I have no personal experience with fetal stem cells. My reluctance probably stems from some of the doctors I know who do not feel that enough is known at this time to chance treatment. These are not doctors that are out of the loop or old school, but innovative pioneering doctors. I think that your question would be an excellent question to ask our host this month for the Ask the Doctor forum, Dr. Fabio Solano from ICM. I do not know his views on the subject and it would be interesting to see what he has to say.

As for me, I have tried several autologous treatments and I feel that I improve with each one. The lung is a complex organ and I don't feel that one autologous treatment is enough to regenerate and reverse the disease I have. However, I feel that each treatment has been beneficial to me in terms of overall health and I have no progression of my disease which I feel is due entirely to stem cell therapy. I have been able to have the last 3 treatments in the U.S. and the cost is very reasonable. I do not fly any more so having treatment that I can drive to is essential. Thanks to the antiquated policies of the U.S. I have to be content with autologous therapy with no manipulation in order to be treated here.

Dwayne

I am doing it!

My treatment is scheduled for May 16th. Just the thought of doing this has made me feel better and taken some of the limp away, shows you the power of the brain.
I will let everyone know how it goes.

Dwayne