Salt cave

John Henry

I just recently became aware that they have one of these Salt caves here in town and wonder if anyone has had any experience with them that would care to share. Is this something that a person with severe COPD would be able to tolerate?

http://www.saltcave.us/

John Henry

I haven't been to a salt cave but did purchase one of those salt pipes last year. I tried it twice and got so dried out from it that I didn't use it again. Everyone is different though and it wouldn't hurt to try it once.

John Henry

Thank you. I use a Netty Pot on occasion and find it helps. I just now finished speaking with owner and she indicated that it is helpful for people with COPD. We shall see...

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I do very well with the salty sea air in California. What could it hurt? You could try it and if you didn't get any results, then don't go again. I hope you will let us know if you go and what you thought about it.

John Henry

Thank you I am going for a session tomorrow and will report back...

Can you elaborate on your "Had adipose treatment". ?

Thanks, jh

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Be happy to. It was one of the worst treatments I have ever experienced. I got no improvements, in fact I suffered with pain for about 3 months after the treatment. It is critical to find a doctor that is highly trained in the procedure and also one that isn't using the paper bag method I posted earlier. The treatment was so bad that I will never have another one. I much prefer the non invasive type of treatment that I had in Las Vegas in January. Another member however, reported that he had adipose treatment for IPF and that it caused him no pain or problem whatsoever. As I said, it is critical to find someone that really knows what they are doing in my opinion as it is invasive and some clinics use anesthesia. Being a lung patient, I prefer to avoid anesthesia whenever possible as well. Your salt cave sounds fun. Wish we had one in the Rockies.

http://www.stemcellpioneers.com/showthread.php?t=4301

John Henry

Thank you for that information. I would hope that your pain situation is now better. What did you have done in Jan. in Las Wages?

John Henry

Salt Cave

This past Tuesday my lady friend and I went for a session at the Salt Cave here in Naples, Fl. She has no outstanding medical conditions and I have severe COPD. We were met by the receptionist and were directed to an area where we shed our shoes and donned a white hair net, after which we went into a room, (The Salt Cave).. http://www.saltcave.us/

She explained what we should do which was just basically sit in these chairs which tilted back, (very comfortable) and just relax and breath deep. Humidity about 59% and the Temp. about 72 deg. There were blankets should there be a need. She showed us with a light where the salt was filtered in, very small particles that appeared as a fine mist. This room has it's own air-conditioning and ventilation system. There was very soft music playing in the back ground.. We stayed there for about 45 minutes and the session ended. Upon leaving we were met by the owner who was very informative. She indicated to me that I shouldn't expect to see much difference with only one visit. You can read most of the overview in the attached link.

While there we met another gentleman who has COPD, and spent a lot of time during his life being exposed to work related asbestos. He said he had been coming there for some time and has found the treatment very beneficial. During the course of the day we both experienced a higher level of energy and I seemed to be much more focused. I experienced the same results during my day today. The jury is still out on this procedure but I will be going back for at least two more sessions. JH

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
This sounds really relaxing which has to be beneficial in itself. It says one of a kind on their website. I had never heard of this before your post. I wonder if others will start popping up in other places.

How often is it recommended that a person goes for therapeutic use?
Also, can I ask what they charge for a session? It really does sound lovely.
Thanks for sharing the information.

John Henry

I found a similar one in NYC for a friend. If he goes I will let everyone know. The cost for a single session is $45.00 and the treatment last for about 45 minutes. They also have a couple of package plans. She recommended twice a week, which is a little pricey for me. But, if it provides a positive outcome then it's worth the cost. I will try two more sessions and if it has a positive impact I will invest in one of the package plans. You might want to do a search in your area under Salt Cave. Best, JH

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Thank you for the suggestion John Henry. There actually is one about an hour from my home. I had no idea.