Safety Question

RussK

I met yesterday with a local expert in the field of my disability (muscular dystrophy). He asked that I look into the safety of the source of the stem cells and how they gathered and processed. He is concerned about blood borne diseases such as hepatitis and HIV from the mother from which the umbilical cord stem cells came from. I am specificially asking about the Beike Bio-Tech program out of China, and whether anyone has received a satisfactory explanation.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
It's a must!

Absolutely correct! Bieke must provide you with a certificate of purity. It is essential for your safety. They are a reputable company so I would think this would be part of their patient care. I would make sure that you are going to be given this. You can get a host of unwanted diseases if the lab is not careful to do the proper screening. This is why I have red-flagged Stem Cell Biotherapy now known as Cellulogix International, because they have failed to provide anyone that I am aware of, including me, with a certificate for purity of the cells they use. When I had treatment there I had no clue that this was important. I have learned so much since then and to me safety has to be the number one concern when deciding where to have treatment. I became very ill after my treatment at SCB. Of course, when you have an autologous treatment, screening for infectious diseases would not be a factor because it is your own cells that are being extracted. Even then, however, you would want them handled by a doctor or clinic that uses good hygiene and sanitary precautions.

RussK

Thank you, Barbara. I have just requested information concerning the certificate of purity to Beike. I'll let you know their response.