Sad news today

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I have sad news today. A lovely lady named Alli who was a great Pioneer passed away this morning. She certainly gave it her all having had 1 treatment at Nepsis and 4 at BioRegenesis. She will be remembered for her never give up attitude. I will miss her, but my life has been enriched by knowing her and her wonderful, caring husband Ed.

Connie

I too am going to miss this gutsy lady who never gave up. She was and will continue to be an inspiration to me. I applaud Ed for being the wonderful care taker he was. Her family will remain in my thoughts and prayers in the days to come.

RIP Alli you did good with your turn.

BioRegenesis

Alli was a fighter. I was sorry to hear she lost her battle. Rest in Peace.
I have sad news today. A lovely lady named Alli who was a great Pioneer passed away this morning. She certainly gave it her all having had 1 treatment at Nepsis and 4 at BioRegenesis. She will be remembered for her never give up attitude. I will miss her, but my life has been enriched by knowing her and her wonderful, caring husband Ed.
I have made arrangement's in the near future to have cell's with BioRegenesis,there are caplets to take for a couple of month's before the treatment,during that time I'll be moving to California where it's so much easier to breath and then go for the treatment,I must say I'm a bit nervous after reading about the death of a patient that had 4 treatments at BioRegenesisin in the past, but I can't seem to find another clinic in the states near to where I will be living,flying is out of the question so I need to be within a day or two drive from Riverside where I will be living, I know without even trying Daliresp has to many side effect's and I would be unable to tolerate them
If any one has been to BioRegenesis please let me know of any good or bad that was received from them,JC how are you doing??Barbara I know you say Daliresp has helped you,but you have also had a few cell treatments,do you think any you had made any improvement in you lung's/breathing
I will continue to search for other cell clinic's in the meantime BioRegenesis is on the top of my list,Don't know how long I can continue with a fev of 22
BioRegenesis did not give me a guarantee that the cells would help or not

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Here is another thread you must have missed. Not everyone has side effects from Daliresp and not everyone has side effects from stem cell therapy. Stem cell therapy is not risk free if that is what you are thinking. I would not recommend BioRegenesis to anyone.

http://www.stemcellpioneers.com/showthread.php?t=4864&highlight=bioregenesis+institute

I also posted this today. Stem cell clinics are popping up all over and patients need to do their homework whether they are seeking treatment in the U.S. or elsewhere.

http://www.stemcellpioneers.com/showthread.php?t=4879

missed post

No,I haven't missed any post's I must have read them all on this forum,what I'm digging at is,I need to find a clinic that at least give's me a chance of some help,even if there is no guarantee,and what guarantee is there in life,I know from past post's that you went to BioRegenesis along with JC and a couple more,who escape me at the moment,I don't understand you said you were getting improvement from the cells,now you don't recommend them,are the treatment's so bad also I've been waiting to see if JC has any improvement since his last treatment,just one positive comment about them(BioRegenesis)would be helpful,I'm still looking,thing's are not set in stone so if any one has any clinic they have been to that gave a little improvement

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Many members and visitors to this forum are looking for hope. I don't mean to take that away from you. Personally, I am no longer willing to spend money on treatments and accept the risks of stem cell therapy until clinics can provide some type of proof that their treatments are safe and are working for a good percentage of patients. There are a few clinics working on their accreditation with ICMS. I appreciate that doing that is a lot of hard work and requires that they are transparent in what they do. To my knowledge, no other clinics outside the ICMS program are doing any type of FDA approved studies or any studies under an Investigational Review Board for COPD. What that means is they simply have no clue as to the outcome of their therapies. The owners of clinics say there are no guarantees to cover their rear ends, but quite frankly I want to know what their success rate is and I don't want it based on anecdotal evidence. No one is giving away free treatments, so it's time we started expecting more for our money.

At first, I did feel that the treatments I got were helping me, but I started to take Daliresp at about the time I had my first treatment. I had been very ill from a previous treatment I got and wanted to try Daliresp (Daxas back then). I have had slow, steady improvements, however, when I did not take Daliresp for even a few days, the mucus returned and I felt short of breath again. I got very sick after my 3rd treatment at BioRegenesis. As mentioned before, I have SIGNIFICANT questions about BioRegenesis. I am doing very well on Daliresp now (no more side effects whatsoever) and have no plans to upset the apple cart at this point with another stem cell treatment. Since, very few patients have reported any type of documented success with stem cell therapy for COPD, I am not convinced that the science is there to make a huge difference for this particular condition. I seriously doubt one treatment is going to help anyone with severe COPD. I have stated this for many years. Now I am also stating that several treatments may not be that helpful for most patients. I hope I am wrong.

I do look forward to Dr. Lopez' published data from his 10 person COPD trial, however. His clinic is in Tijuana and he uses adipose derived stem cells. He is involved in the ICMS accreditation program and is also doing his clinical study under the Mexican Ministry of Health's guidelines. Since, he does extensive pre and post testing, I believe that his results will be something that patients will be able to base rational decisions on. Dr. Kadish is also in the ICMS accreditation program. His clinic is in Cancun.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
She was a trooper for sure. She never responded well after her last treatment and became very weak. I say stem cell therapy is not without risks because we simply are not knowing when a person might not be a good candidate for stem cell treatment. Will anesthesia hurt someone? Will drawing blood weaken them? Will the trip itself be too much (one of our members died in route to a clinic on an airplane a couple of years ago). I experienced a horrendous treatment myself in 2010 and I did feel it was going to be the end of me. I still have damage in my leg from it.

I simply cannot state enough times that there needs to be guidelines for treating patients. Alli and I were the first two people treated at BioRegenesis. Before that, she was treated at Nepsis in Mexico. I have to tell you that things went poorly at Nepsis and so being involved in the decision making at BioRegenesis at the time, I felt Alli should be able to be one of the first patients to be treated if she wanted that. She said yes, always hoping for the best. Hopefully, she has that now. She would want me to keep up my quest for safe and effective treatments and I plan to do just that.