Return from China for MD Treatment

RussK

I don't post here often, but I wanted to let anyone who wants to know that I returned from Beike-Biotech's 5 week stem cell treatment for my FSH Muscular Dystrophy on April 21.

As many people stated it would be, my treatment was great! Its too soon to tell whether it all helps because I have months of work ahead of me to rebuild my muscles. However, my initial blood test results show that the progression of my disease has slowed down or may have even stopped altogether! I am overflowing with hope now - something I never even had a chnace at before.

Thank you all for your input, advice and your stories. I found that helpful as I made my decision.

Russ Kleve

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
WOW Russ!

Glad to hear about your treatment. I hope this treatment will improve your condition. Please keep us posted about your progress. It would be great if you could post details of your treatment, type of cells used, etc.

RussK

Here is a summary of my treatment protocol:

8 bags of umbilical stem cells (10-15 million cells per bag) - 4 bags given via IV; 4 bags given via intramuscular site injections into my biceps, upper back, and front and backs of legs;
1 Bone marrow treatment;
Physical and occupational therapy - 4-5 times/week for 1 ? hours;
Acupuncture with electronic stimulation of arms and legs (4 times/week for 30 minutes);
Electronic Muscle Stimulation (TENS Machine - 5 times/week for 40 minutes);
Standing Frame therapy 5-6 times/week for 30 minutes;
Exercise bike 5-6 times/week for 30 minutes.

Length of Program: 5 weeks
Costs: $40,000 US

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
You have got to promise to keep us informed here on the forum about how you are doing. I am so glad to hear from you again. That sounds like quite a trip you made. Have they treated many others with MD? What made you decide to go there? I am always interested in knowing these things if you don't mind sharing.

RussK

Hi Barbara,

I don't mind sharing at all!

Beike said I am the first US citizen with FSH MD to have ever done this treatment. I also understand the National Institute of Health believes I am the first ever US, FSH patient to have done stem cell treatment as well.

There have been other MD patients, but nobody with my type of MD. The results of those other MD patients was sketchy. They were from Romania, and did not speak English or follow up with Beike, so it's been difficult to know how well it worked. I did recently find some videos of a girl from Romania with spinal astrophy, another form of MD, who posted "after" results. See stemcellschina.com.

I decided on Beike's program after three months of research on treatments all over the world. I checked safety, price, length of stay and what was included with the treatment, the number of stem cells per treatment, location of facilities, meetings and emails with doctors, emails and phone calls with other Beike patients, etc. For me, Beike's package was the best bang for the buck. Ok, now I sound wile a sales rep., but I really did have a great experience.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Russ - Being the first is very special I think. You are truly a Pioneer. I look forward to hearing about your progress. When Jeannine and I got treatment in 2007, there was no forum like this, blogging wasn't all that popular and no one wanted to hear about what we had done on most COPD forums. They called us con artists. Why I don't know because we weren't selling anything. We just wanted to share our experience and see if anyone else was going through what we were. Two years have brought about a lot of changes and it is refreshing to see so many people that are now interested in learning about stem cell therapy and actually being pro active and taking the plunge instead of giving up.

RussK

Barbara,

I didn't mean to be a pioneer when I went; I just wanted to be able to walk five years from now. Turns out I did become a pioneer, and am thankful for people like you and Jeannie who truly blazed the course and let so many others know about this treatment.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
You are a Pioneer no matter how you look at it. Anyone who supports stem cell therapy and research is a pioneer to me and you have taken it well beyond that. There are still an awful lot of naysayers out there. For the most part, I find them to either not be ill or know anyone that is ill, tied to Big Pharma or the FDA, or doctors that are scared to death that all they learned in med school may somehow be changed by stem cell treatments, something they know little about. I might also include some patients who seek medical information exclusively from such doctors.

We are experiencing a major upheaval of medicine as we once knew it. It is very exciting to hear about all the new discoveries that are being made, but it also takes us (the patients) to really put the theories to the test. Being involved in a well documented approved clinical would of course be nice. For one thing it would save us all some money. Since, this is not practical, we have chosen our own path to do what we have to do to save our own lives and then in turn spread the word and the hope to others. You are doing a great job of that. Keep it up.

Mysty119

Russ

Sounds great to me, Russ! You sound totally aware of your own celltreatment, which is very important. Keep hangin' in there.