Question from Tom

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
This is a question that Tom sent to me and I told him I would post for him so that others can answer. Also, he did tell me that his CPA told him that the treatment can be legally deducted as well as travel expenses going to and from the clinic where you got treatment. This is good news for sure. It doesn't hurt to get a second opinion from your own tax preparer, but I want to thank Tom for passing this on. Now, let's give him some answers.

BARBARA I'M TRYING TO GET MYSELF READY TO RECEIVE THERAPY IN JANUARY,HERE ARE
SOME QUESTIONS I STILL NEED MORE INFO ON. EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT O2 READINGS, WHAT
I WOULD TO KNOW IS IF THEY HAVE had an improvement in THERE EXHALING OF CO2
WHICH INDICATES AN IMPROVEMENT IN AVEOLI ELASTICITY. I'LL LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR
RESPONSE.

THANKS
TOM

rosech44

answer for Tom

I asked my R T friend today, how to tell if there is improvement, on exhaling of CO2--she said the only way was a blood gas test--arterial,, ( I think )

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Tom
I am scheduled for a arterial blood gas in January but I wouldn't base my decision simply on that outcome. The fact that most of us who have had the treatment have drastically reduced our shortness of breath and the need for inhalers as well as less oxygen use and desaturation are significant. I know my lungs are less hyperinflated than they were one year ago because I can eat as much as I want when before I would have trouble eating at times. The GERD has all but vanished. There are many good results possible which no medication or other treatment can provide at this time.