Post stroke

georgia

My husband had a massive stroke 2 1/2 years ago. We are looking at all options of stem cell therapy. Right now we are seriously considering the clinic in Germany. Does anyone have any advice for us? Have any of you gone to Germany for stem cell therapy for stroke? We appreciate any and all info you can provide. Wayne is only 67 years young and would like to regain use of his left arm and better use of his left leg. He is walking with a quad cane for short distances and a wheelchair for all the rest.

Can you please tell me the title of the book written by Barbara and where I can buy it? If you have guessed by now, I am a NEW member to this wonderful informative site.

rosech44

book

Georgia---

I have copd so can't help you with the stroke, but , if you go to Sea Change at the top of the page, you will find the book there---it is a good one

Rose

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Some friendly advice

Georgia - There have been some people on this forum that have had autologous stem cell therapy in Germany. As with all stem cell treatments, there are varying degrees of success and some non successes. It really depends on a lot of things, some of which I don't think the doctors have even figured out! At this point, your best bet in my opinion is to contact several clinics and talk to the doctors and ask for other patients with similar type situations as your husband's. If you have the money to gamble, it is probably worth the chance wherever you go, but if this is going to take your last dime, I would be extremely cautious and energetic in my fact finding! Company sales reps, doctors, owners and testimonials on websites are going to be slanted obviously. Ask for names and numbers of anyone willing to talk to you that has had treatment there. If they say that is confidential or simply don't have anyone, then your husband could be looking at being one of the first ever treated at a particular clinic. As far as confidentiality, ask them to give your number to patients then and they can call you if they want. If someone has recovered after having stem cell therapy, I would bet they would be glad to speak to someone else that is in the same position they once were. E-mailing would be another option that pretty much guarantees anonymity. Maybe, someone else here will have some other ideas or comments. No matter where you go, remember, it is Buyer Beware. Good luck in your search. Have you checked for any clinical trials where you live or considered Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy? It is available by prescription and may be an option. I am not a doctor, but stem cell therapy may or may not be the only consideration.

georgia

Thank you for your helpful advice. I am waiting for your book to find some answers also.
I have talked with two people who had the therapy in Germany and they were very helpful.
Germany looks like a real good choice...........we can't, just yet, decide which type of cells and treatment would be best for a stroke patient. We will keep reading, searching etc.
Thank you again.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I will submit your information to the doctor who will be doing the Ask the Doctor forum this month. She is Dr. Branyon. I had room for one more question and am getting ready to send her the rest of the questions tonight, so I will add yours in and see what her comments would be about treating someone like your husband. Her replies should be posted in about a week so watch for the Ask the Doctor forum to appear. She uses umbilical cord stem cells, so it might be good to get a comparison in thoughts. And thank you very much for buying our book. Some of the proceeds go in our forum fund.