pins and needles in the legs

peggyskinsfan

Does anyone else stuffer from pins and needles in the legs? If so, what kind of treatment have you found that helps. I have tired just about everything out there. Right now, I take 2 (75)mgs of Lyrica. That only make me tired.

peggyskinsfan

no. that is were your legs don't lay still. What I have is pins and needles in legs, when they are touched, or when straighten out. It is very painful.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I will be happy to submit your question for the November Ask the Doctor. Do you have a diagnosis as to what is causing your condition? From what I have read, it sounds like a number of different problems could be the underlying cause. It would depend on what that was whether or not stem cell therapy might help you.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Personally, I would think stem cell therapy could be beneficial to you. I am not a doctor however, but MS is being treated with stem cells and if this is related to your MS, it would seem that there would be a chance to alleviate this problem with therapy. There is also something called Liberation Therapy that some MS patients are doing.

dschroed

I have pins and needles in my legs, too (MS since 2001). My Doc gave me Lyrica but after reading about it, I chose not too take it. I have severe spacity, too which is my biggest problem. I've tried several medications and they all seem to have negative effects. I am trying SCT soon because I feel it best treats the cause of the problem, if it works, and doesn't mask the disease. I started Ampyra and just started Baclofen for the I believe 5th time. I've had bad reactions every time early but this time, I'm giving it more of a chance. I have also heard that it would be good to try Bee Sting Therapy but have not looked into it yet

peggyskinsfan

I have had MS since 98. I had tired all the shots. Got real tired of that. Tired the Tysabri, well that didn't agree w me. Now for the last 4 yrs I haven't taken any meds. Well, just, baclofen, for spacity. I take 6 mg a day. I also take Lyrica 2 a day. Plus 2000 units of Vitamin D, along w women multi-vit. Thought the lyrica would help w the P an N but it hasn't. This has really limited me in my daily exercises.