People who have been treated by stem cells

Jan

Pioneer Founding member
Stem cell research that works

FRC's David Christensen writes today at National Review Online about ethical stem cell research:

Living, breathing people who have been treated by stem cells - some who would have otherwise died - are signs of the great hope of stem-cell research. Take Doug Rice, a bear of a man who was told he had months to live because of heart disease, yet after being treated with his own blood stem cells, his heart function is almost normal. Then there's Dave Foege who also received the same treatment for his ailing heart, after his doctors had sent him home to hospice. And accident victim Jacki Rabon can walk with the aid of braces after she had her own nasal stem cells injected into her spinal-cord injury. Carol Franz is an incredible woman who suffered from multiple myeloma, a bone cancer, until she had her bone-marrow stem cells transplanted. Stephen Sprague has been free from leukemia after having a cord blood stem cell transplant. And Keone Penn no longer has sickle-cell anemia after receiving a cord-blood stem-cell transplant...

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NmE2ZTM0NWY1YjFjN2MxZmZjMjgxMTRkZjFiYTEzNjA

shazza

hi
im going later for stem cell treatment to the dominican republic has anyone here heard of the place or know anyone whos had treatment there?
sharon

felicia

my daughter amanda gallo has done stem cells with Dr. Rader

My journey began on June 19, 1998, when my daughter Amanda was born. The doctors told me that Amanda had Cerebral Palsy. They said that she was very severe and had very extensive brain damage. Her brain scan showed that she had virtually no cortex left on the SPECT scan showed a devastating loss of the cortex. It also appeared that a large segment of the brain was missing due to brain edema. Like any parent I was in shock. I did not know what to do or where to turn.

As the days and months passed by we noticed she was not doing anything that she should be doing developmentally for the age of 9 months. Her head and spine arched back and always stayed on the left side with her head, and her eyes were always rolled up.

At the age of 9 months Amanda started doing Hyperbaric Oxygen. We noticed that her spascity was reduced, she was sleeping better, her nystagma was less and her vision improved. The next brain scan showed that there was more blood flow to her brain. We did Hyperbaric Oxygen for 1 year.

Amanda had turned 2 years old and she was better since the Hyperbaric Oxygen. She still had her head arched back but it was less. Her eyes would roll up less and her spasticity was less also. However, she was still not able to walk, talk, smile, or suck her bottle or look at us.

We heard about Fetal Stem Cell Therapy and I was very excited. I gave it a lot of thought about whether I should take Amanda or not, and I decided I would give it a try since I had nothing to loose because Amanda was already brain damaged enough. I followed my instinct and my heart.

We started to do Stem Cell Therapy when Amanda was 2 years old. Today Amanda is 9 years old and here are the changes we saw in the last 7 years with doing Fetal Stem Cells.
Amanda was not able to suck her bottle at the age of 2 but she now is able to suck her bottle and her sucking coordination came back.
Her eyes are more alive, alert and expressive. She now turns her head and eyes to look at me when I call her but before there was no response. Her hands are now more opened up too. The best thing that I love now is she is able to give me a huge smile. For me that smile means one million words! She is a lot more active and pays attention to what is going on around her and she understands a lot more too.
Amanda is now learning how to crawl, which is so amazing! She is able to stand up by herself for a few seconds. She wants to achieve it so badly that she puts all her energy into trying. We have done EEG?S and it has shown that her readings are much better. She is able to express herself with a sad face and she babbles more. I noticed she understand a lot more now they are periods that she does not eat breakfast and when I tell her if you eat daddy will play with you, within 10 minutes she is done her breakfast. At night she will call me and let me know she wants to drink, and goes back to sleep after her drinking this is a big step for her to call me, she is understanding more and more. Her brain scan showed an increase in the size of the cortex too. And now the best for last she mumbles ?MAMA? which is the best gift she could give me. We have gone for more stem cells and Amanda is improving a lot on her babbling more new sounds are coming out, she could go on for hours now and babble this is new for us. My husband also noticed when we ignore her now she will just look and say out loud HEY, she also is learning how to sit on her own when doing therapy, the therapist holds only her hands and the rest Amanda tries to balance herself. The new thing Amanda has just done is learned how to roll over, just 3 weeks ago I put Amanda on my bed with pillows on each side, I was gone for just 1 minute and I hear a boom, it was Amanda that rolled off my bed and fell on the floor. My god thank god she did not get hurt she landed on her belly. Now I know that Amanda is able to do a full roll over before 3 weeks ago she was not able, she would only go halfway and get stuck, I guess now she figured it out, and I put her on the floor from now on. Now she will look straight at me and start to talk to me in her babbles language. It feels good to have some sounds in the house now. I thank god everyday for giving her a chance to doing Fetal Stem Cells it has changed my life amazing and full of happiness in my heart.

There is a video of Ricci Kilgore she had an accident and left her with a spinal cord injury ever since stem cells with Dr. Rader she is able to walk now. Below is the video just click on the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbozmOL1kSY

If you need any help please email me.

Thank you

Felicia Gallo

email: felicia_gallo@yahoo.com

shazza

hi felicia
this is sharon from the uk l was in touch with you a few months ago through topix.net l only joined this group on sat , everyone is being marvelous though so supportive and friendly l hope you like it here as much as l do
sharon

felicia

Hi sharron

Hi Sharron

Nice to hear from you, I like this group lots of information.

How are you doing can't wait to leave next friday.

felicia

shazza

hi felicia
wow is that when you go!! thats wonderful its flown by so quickly!!
we've had a family crisis so my sister hasnt been able to concentrate on the fundraising as much as she'd like as shes now looking after my 2yr old grandaughter who is rather a handful lol but she is still fundraising its just taking longer than she had anticipated!! but l know that if l dont get there this year it will be early next!! so waiting a little longer wont hurt!!
how is amanda doing? you must really be excited l know l would be
sharon

felicia

Hi Sharron

I know time goes by quickly too. I will be starting in September to do another fundraiser for Amanda in March. If you need any help I would be glad to guide you through.

Send me your personal email, I want to send you a video of Amanda this weekend being in the swimming pool, she is so happy and very expressive and holding her head great.

Take care,

Let me know if you need help with anything sharron

Felicia

kathy

Pioneer Member
Hi felica and shazza, great to hear your good news and achivements. Could you elaborate on your fundraisers and how some may get some started to help fund thiers or a loved ones treatment?...thanks, kathy

shazza

hi kathy
my sister and some friends did all the fundraising they held raffles, a gala was held all day which had a soccor tournament and there where stalls selling cakes, books, plants, bric a brac, etc... there was a ball there was a night at a local club and several acts were on l must say that raised a lot over $4000 as these were well known acts and very popular theres been a murder/mystery night that was a play and dinner a fancy dress night also at a local club, and business's join together and give donations to charitys so we applied and they donated a further $4000 but l bet felicia has loads of ideas as shes done this so many times before
sharon

kathy

Pioneer Member
Thankyou for replying Sharon, do these need to be sponsored by someone or do you get permitts of some kind?
I hope Filica wont mind commenting to when she has time. Thanks again Sharon. and hoping all is well.

Kathy

shazza

hi kathy
l dont how the law works in the u.s but l know here in the uk you have to apply for a charity number to fundraise this can take several months but we were lucky a much larger charity took us under there wing and we were able to start fundraising straight away and the people in my community were great
sharon

felicia

kathy re fundraiser

Hi Kathy

We do a fundraiser once a year for my daughter amanda and raise about $20,000.00.

What I do is first:

-Book a reception place and DJ music
-Get tickets printed up with menu, address of reception and contact number and date of event and time
-Example you have 10 friends, to each of these 10 friends you hand over 10 tickets, so each friend tries to make a table of 10 right there you already have 100 people attending the fundraiser
-The way you make money is the reception makes you pay the plate $25.00 per person, when you print your tickets you increase the price to $60.00 per person, right there is your profit of $35.00 per person
-I also do raffling during the evening, before the fundraiser event I go and see companies and ask them if they would like to sponsor anything for my daughter's fundraiser, example we had Vespa motorcycle, barbacue, coffee machine, sofa, jewellery, these are all companies that gave us free stuff.
During the evening we go around and sell raffles ticket, 6 tickets for 5 dollars or 12 tickets for 10 dollars and just with raffling we make about $5,000.00.

If you need help I will guide you, it will be my pleasure.

Take care

Felicia Gallo

shazza

hi felicia
we did that for 1 of our fundraising events the tickets were sold with days of going on sale as it was such a success we're going to do the same thing later this year as there are so many people on holiday at the moment that my sister wants to wait so that as many people are there as possible lol
sharon

kathy

Pioneer Member
Thankyou Felica, you and Sharon have been most helpful. I'm sure that this information will be of bennifit to many. Wish we had a whole section on fundraising project discussions, this is really interesting. Perhaps even a hope, for those who can not afford on thier own a treatment. Many Blessings to both of you.

Kathy

shazza

your welcome kathy!! it sounds like felica is lucky enough to have 1 fundraising event a year whereas we had several from may to sept!
sharon

kygal

Fundraising

Hi gals,

Thanks for some tips to do with fundraising. Your ideas are great. A local guy just had a huge fundraiser to raise money to help support his family while he's battling stage 4 lung cancer and also to help pay for alternative treatments in the U.S. (we're in Ontario, Canada). From what I gather, it was a huge success. That will probably play against me approaching companies here in the area but we'll see when the time comes.

I am trying to gather all I can to do with fundraising so we can afford to get my husband stem cell treatments. I think it would be a great idea to have an entire area dedicated to fundraising so people can bounce ideas off each other, gather other's successes and even share our failures. What do ya think?

Hugs,

Mary

shazza

hi mary
my sister wrote letters to all the local business's in our town asking if they could help some donated money but small stores donated prizes for many raffles she held!
sharon