Other site

lazydaize

I belong to another forum on COPD. A few of the founders of this forum also belonged to it at one time. I noticed on a few post today that they are talking about stem cell therapy. I really don't want to start anything but some of the people that are now running the other site are calling you scammers. I'm going to try to cut and paste what is being said about you. I dont know if your treatments really work or not. But you give us hope that maybe it is going in the right direction.
Lazydaize

There was even a book about the so called 'stem cell pioneers' --it is no
longer available.
These 'treatments' are just another scheme to separate the gullible from
their money. It is a cruel a deception that can interfere with the known
effective treatment.

jill

Banned
Stem Cell's

I had Stem Cell treatment on June 21st 2008,I really don't care what another group is saying all I want to say is as follow's
I, as well as other on our group have have cell's, I for one after only 5 week's notice less short of breath,and can do more without getting so sob,there is still a way to go it's only been 5 week';s for me,I bet all these "other Peolpe"who think it's a scam would stand in line if someone would pay for their cell treatment also the book is still available Enough of my time wasted

lazydaize

other site

Thank you for your reply. I really don't mean to offend anyone. If I had the money I would be right there with you. I am SO glad you are doing better. I just wanted to let the founders of this site know what is being said. I tried to post on the other site just to give a interested party this web address and it was stopped. Just want everyone on this site know that I for one applaud you and pray for your recovery. I want you to prove everyone that have called you schemers and frauds wrong.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Our book is now in its second edition

I don't feel I need to prove anything to anyone but as far as people calling us scammers or con artists, I am used to this by now. Our forum is over a year old and it hasn't been easy dealing with people who for the most part are simply uneducated. For instance, you are saying that someone posted that the book Jeannine and I wrote, "Stem Cell Pioneers" is no longer available. The book is now in its second edition and is available by clicking on the SeaChange icon on the home page of this forum. It is also now available in an e-book. I don't advocate that stem cell therapy is the answer for everyone and I don't think anyone needs to spend a fortune to get it if they want it. Clinical trials are now being conducted in the U.S. and there are private trials as well. There is no long term data available and there are companies out there ready to relieve a person of their money, but there is also some very serious research going on using stem cells for all kinds of diseases, not just COPD. The treatment holds much hope and promise for many diseases. We have doctors and PhD's on here each month answering member's questions. Some people enjoy complaining and accusing. They do not take time to educate themselves. I frankly think many enjoy their illnesses as they seem hesitant to do anything about being sick except for taking more drugs. That's just my opinion. I decided I didn't like living that way and so I ponied up and paid my way to try stem cell therapy. I get no personal gain from running this forum and it takes a lot of my time. I used to visit some of the other forums, but I rarely do any more. It makes me too sad to see a few moderators shut down threads and supply members with a constant stream of misinformation. I am too busy living again to want to spend anytime on forums where misery is the hot topic.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I think Jill makes an important point. She says she bets people would stand in line if treatment was free. I agree with that statement for the most part. Why on earth making something free would constitute a better treatment and make naysayers willing to try it is beyond me, but my bets would be with Jill. These people should be grateful that others are willing to spend their own money to try something that may prove beneficial to them at some point in their lives. I certainly am. I learn something from our members on a daily basis. Thank you Pioneers.

lazydaize

other site

I agree with everything you have said. You people have more courage than I could ever hope to have. I would love to be able to post on the other site about your progress. But Edna and Frank won't allow it.. If the doctors announced a cure for this disease tomorrow it wouldn't be allowed on the other site. I've given up finding any new treatments there. I only stay for the joke list. But tomorrow I may get kicked off of there anyway. I told them what I thought of them. Maybe I'll live long enough to be able to get into a stem cell study. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I think many members of the other forum visit us. There are more people with you than you know. Since you are new, I will tell you an easy way to keep up with the posts here. Simply click on Today's Posts if you are not signed in or New Posts if you are signed in and that will bring up any new posts you haven't read. This is a simple way to keep up and not miss anything important. One other nice thing about this forum is that you won't get tossed for disagreeing with anyone or censored for voicing an opinion or bringing new information to light. We have had very few incidents on here that have required our administrator to take action and I think that says a lot for the members. There is also an area where you can introduce yourself and tell us more about your COPD (how long since you were diagnosed, severity, etc.). Your participation is much appreciated.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Lazydaize

Thanks for joining us. I gave up on Efforts about a year ago because they've done little or nothing to help people improve anyone's quality of life unless you want to call writing to the government for free stuff an improvement. And if it's something that Frank doesn't believe in it gets deleted so others can't even make up their own minds about it. I was told to stop posting about stem cells because too many wouldn't be able to afford it and it wasn't fair to discuss it. SO instead we will leave people in the dark and watch their health continue to go downhill. No thanks.

You can get as much exercise by going to your local Wal-Mart and pushing a shopping cart around for an hour twice a week and it's free. That's what I do and as far as those naysayers go: I feel better today than I did 4 years ago and that's without getting free pulmonary rehab from the government. I do attribute my improvements to stem cells and the supplements I take. As a result of our pioneering spirit, Barb and I were also guinea pigs with various supplements. We discovered several that improved our immune systems and breathing so we decided to start our own Supplement business. We have even devoted an entire section of our website to Better Breathing Products.

As Barbara said, we spend lots of time on this forum with little reward. The biggest reward we derive is from those who followed us, had stem cell treatment and have improved their health and their quality of life. Their gratitude is worth more than money can buy.

jill

Banned
Rewards

Well Jeannie,without this group I would never have had Stem Cell's,reading all the info from you and Barbara as well as other's made my mind up for me.
I know it cost's a lot of money,and believe me we had a hard time getting the money together,robbed Peter to pay Paul,I believe if a person want's something bad enough they will find a way
I had some negitive remarks from family and friend,it will never work
30+ Years ago I wanted to marry this guy,everyone said "don't do it, it will never work I went ahead and it didn't work,but to this day had I not married this person I would never have known,Same story with Cells,people quick enough to put the treat ment down but if I hadn't tried it I would never know
It's only been 5 weeks and already I am not as sob and when I do get sob I recover much faster,Read up on the treatment and see if it's for you
Today I go see my Pulmonary Dr,I never told him I got Cells as he also was negitive when I asked him a few months ago,and I won't be telling him today
I want to wait a couple of months and see the improvement

Ed in NH

Well said Jill. Reminds me of one of my favorite movie lines from Shawshank Redemption - you need to either get busy living or get busy dying. Sounds like your very busy living. Same goes for all these folks on this website.

Very cool news about your decreasing sob!!

I like your idea of hiding this from your doc. We all hope you hear some surprised response from your doc today. Good luck, and please keep us all posted on your progress.

PS: How's the monsoon season?

Later...

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
The good news too is that treatment is becoming less expensive. Each person needs to do their homework and decide if stem cell therapy is worth the gamble for you. And yes, it can be a gamble because each person can react differently to treatment. There are several companies out there offering private experimental treatments at costs much lower than many of the established clinics. These are doctors and companies that are ready to get going, but want to try treatment on several people prior to actually announcing that treatment is available for the public. For some this may be the way to go. For others, they may want to try to get in on an FDA approved clinical or they may wish to go somewhere that they have heard someone else talk about in good terms. I don't think that paying huge sums is going to equate with better treatment in many cases. One member had the pleasure of having his doctor accompany him for treatment and he did pay more which is understandable. If however, you find a company making big claims and instant, too good to be true, recoveries then run, don't walk away from such a place. I lecture our members on this all the time. Do your homework and stay away from companies that offer no more than sales pitches, shiny brochures and testimonials that boast of how great the company or treatment was. Anyone can write a testimonial and you better believe that many companies do just that. Today, my red flag warning was re posted. Sadly, people can lose their money and get worse instead of better, so don't fall victim to this. Be cautious, even though you may be desperately ill. Do your homework, but don't become so cautious that you do nothing if you really want to pioneer. There will always be some risk, but there is no need to compound it by going to companies where there are many complaints. Don't think you would be the exception and that others are just being petty.

jill

Banned
Hi

I had to cancel my Dr appt as I have a young foster girl in icu and very ill,
I made an appt for August 12th,so there is some extra time for these cells to grow,
Not much monsoon weather here in Tucson all around us,it's hot as always

Jimmarshall

Scammers?

Well, I can say that I have learned a great deal on this site. Barbara and others have been a great help in sharing information on everything that they have learned about companies,procedures, and so forth. I have never gotten the impression that they were trying to sell anyone's services, and in fact have warned us of potential problems with some of the companies.

I for one refuse to simply lie down and die without a fight. This does not mean that we need to throw money away without a great deal of research on the companies and procedures,but if they look promising and the United States won't allow them, then what's to loose but money and a little time.
No, I'm not rich, or desperate, but it beats giving up

Mysty119

LazyDaize

I think you will be very happy here on this forum. There always seems to be someone who can answer questions. You might even have answers to some---you never know. But, that's the point----we SHARE our information and our opinions with one another. There's no rule that you have to agree with anyone.
We share a lot with each other. And I don't just mean sharing information. We share our emotions and our dreams and hopes. So, join us---you'll be glad you did!!!! I was.