Osiris Therapeutics

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Chas - There are quite a few threads in the Clinical trial section of this forum and elsewhere. You can click on Search and then Osiris and bring them all up. Danny recently posted an article from an Indian company that is doing similar research and clinical trials. You should find it in the Clinicals section also. This could make life interesting if for any reason Osiris did not get approval as many people buy their drugs from India. Would their stem cell product be available as other prescription drugs are now? Food for thought.

yetmost

Osiris

I attempted to enter that study (60 people). They thought I was too far away as I am in Florida and the study is in North Carolina.
I am anxious to see the results of the first phase.
"Never give up"
Pauline

JC the Fox

Osiris Phase I, Phase II

Osiris did not do a specific Phase I study for improvement of COPD with Prochymal - It was because some heart patients also showed lung function improvement that the Phase II study for COPD was begun. It was a year ago that I tested for the trial, and injections soon began for those lucky enough to be enrolled shortly thereafter. The entire enrollment was not completed until some months after that, so the first 6-month results haven't been published, but should be in the very near future.

Hopefully my optimism will be well-founded.

Last edited:

zar

Trial Overview
Approximately 60 patients have been enrolled in this trial. Male and female patients were eligible and were between the ages of 40 and 80 years old. Patients must have been diagnosed with moderate or severe COPD and must have been a current or ex-smoker.

If you or someone you know has COPD and would like more information, please contact us at COPD@Osiris.com.

Prochymal - Frequently Asked Questions
What is Prochymal?

What does Prochymal do?

Is Prochymal safe?
Can the cells go to other areas of the body?

What is the treatment in this trial?

How long is the trial?

What are the risks of participation?

How do I participate?

http://www.osiristx.com/clinical_trials_prochymal_copd.php