Helene

Pleased to meet all of you. I registered today and have read some of your posts. I have spoken to an on-line friend who is in the process leading to possible stem cell treatment so I have a vague concept of what this is all about...but only vague. I do need information to give me all the facts and bring me up to speed on all that I need to know and things I need to do should I decide to pursue the treatment. Some of my questions have been answered to one degree or another from reading posts here. One big question I have at this time is....if one were to have LVRS, would stem cell treatment be viable at a later date? How do I go about getting the information, contacts, etc. that I need to begin my quest? Thanks.:)

lraynak

Pioneer Founding member
Helene

Helene,

Welcome to our site. I know that COPD is a frightening wxperience to learn you have. I assume you have been to a pulmonologist and has recommended an LVRS, a significant procedure to undergo at any age. Of course the duration and effectiveness of that procedure may not guarantee the results of it. The doctor who I had the stem cell therapy with has been asked if the stem cell therapy would be better option for you from the viewpoint that it is much less invasive and may provide a more desireable outcome for you. It would also preverse all your options.
I would recommend you to gather all your medical ecords for reference and speak to the doctor at the Stem Cell Biotherapy and ask him all the medical questions you might have. I know that my COPD has been abated even in the short period of less than three months. I expect to improve even more.

Lraynak

Helene

Thanks for the response Iraynak. Please understand that though I am a newbie to stemcellpioneers, my emphysema is not new. I was diagnosed 4 years ago and was stable in the moderate range until recently. My emphysema is now severe and although I have been qualified for LVRS, my "numbers" were not where they need to be for Medicare to pay for the surgery. In April, when I was last tested, the numbers were still not quite there yet, but almost, very close in fact. I would guess that they might be there now. I'm scheduled to see my pulmo in Oct. and will wait til then for an official update on my status. How do I contact the doctor at Stem Cell Biotherapy? I want very much to ask him if stem cell therapy would be applicable to me. Once again, thanks.

Helene

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Lvrs

Helene - I hope you read the LVRS and transplant section. If there was anyway to avoid an invasive surgery, I know I would. Stem cell therapy is about regenerating your lung tissue. LVRS removes part of your lungs as you well know. I will respond to you privately with a contact number for the company. Someone else may have already done so as this group is pretty much on the ball. But just in case.... I share Larry's sentiments in that the effect in a very short time has been dramatic. I have heard good and bad about LVRS, however, my pulmonologist was against such an operation for me and I guess I should say I was against such an operation for me too. A 15 minute IV drip has been the answer for me. No regrets as I get better daily. Welcome to our forum by the way.