newbie to this site

Paul G

Stem Cell Treatment on 5/6/7 Feb 2014 in Tampa. So glad I found this site, will help in understanding/monitoring my progress. Yes, I understand it is a slow process, but I have nothing but time so the end result is more important than the time it takes to get there.

Paul G

type of treatment

Thank you Barbara. I wasn't keen on lipo suction so opted for the blood extraction treatment. Time will tell if that was an error in judgement.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I think a lot depends on each individual along with how the stem cells are processed. Also, do everything you can to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Diet, positive thinking, moderate exercise, following post treatment instructions, all play a part.

In April we will have an interesting host for Ask the Doctor. She is a firm believer that the healthier we can be both before and after treatment affects the outcome.

Paul G

I think a lot depends on each individual along with how the stem cells are processed. Also, do everything you can to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Diet, positive thinking, moderate exercise, following post treatment instructions, all play a part.
I agree with positive thinking, it's at the top of the list. I wasn't given any specific post treatment instructions so just using common sense, doing 'net research. I have a treadmill but having trouble sticking to my routine. My goal is to feel strong enough to go back to golfing at least once a week and/or getting a bicycle. Time will tell. As for diet, my daughter and I Skype a couple of times a week, she will be my kitchen guardian and will guide me towards the correct food combos.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Setting a low goal for the treadmill worked best for me. Here's what I did - Start out with 5 minutes a day or less or even 5 minutes every other day. You can also break up the sessions into a couple of minutes 3 times a day. Eventually, you will find that a couple of minutes stretches into a few more minutes. I also give myself a day or two off a week or skip the dreadmill altogether if I am out walking elsewhere.

Also, the PowerLung is very helpful in building up your lung capacity.

http://www.seachangeforlife.com/Power_Lung_p/j9pb8nfc.htm

I hope you get back on the golf course. My golfing ability is so bad that I would get plenty of exercise in the first 1 or 2 holes.

Have you ever tried wii golf? I like the disc golf game that wii has. A lot of the wii games actually give a person a fairly decent work out and they're fun too.

Dalton

Hello Everybody!
Welcome to the Stem Cell Pioneers forum.
Me also a new person for this site and just joined this forum.
It's a good place to discuss about the health and diseases.
Your stay at this forum can be very helpful for you to maintain your health.

Last edited:

hawksfan9325

Stem Cell Treatment on 5/6/7 Feb 2014 in Tampa. So glad I found this site, will help in understanding/monitoring my progress. Yes, I understand it is a slow process, but I have nothing but time so the end result is more important than the time it takes to get there.

Hi Paul. Was wondering, what condition did you have, and how was your treatment?

Paul G

condition

Hi Paul. Was wondering, what condition did you have, and how was your treatment?
Good morning hawksfan9325. I was told I had onset of COPD/Emphysema after my wife passed away in March 2013. She also had diabetes, parkinsons, and heart murmur but COPD was cause of death on form. I only found out after she passed that I also had the condition. Yes, we both smoked but I believe the majority of the damage was done after we had our house here in Sebring FL remodeled back in 2005. It seems too coincidental that two smokers (me for going on 50 years and my wife for 20) would be get COPD from smoking only at the same time. Anyway I finally quit smoking just before my treatment in Feb 2014. I believe there has been some improvement but certainly nowhere near being able 'to go back to golfing' as one of the testimonials mentions on he LI website. I redid my apartment to make it more dust free and had it not been for a very good friend that promised to love and care for my two cats until it was their time I never would have let them go. I could tell I was becoming allergic to them. As it is my sleep pattern is terrible, whether it is a quick nap during the day or regular bedtime it seems I cannot get more than an hour/hour and a half at a time. The normal routine is wake up (sometimes due to a coughing spell), empty my bladder, sit at my kitchen table, take a sip of water and do a shortened nebulizer treatment. The coughing is the worst as it also comes with a panic attack. The sooner I control the attack the sooner the coughing stops. Anyway, I hope I gave you a bit of an insight. Did the treatment work!!!! I am willing to give it and no smoking each 50% towards how I feel better than I did in January. I am really looking toward August and see what six months has done for me. Hope this helps. Take care

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Paul - Good to hear from you. Have you tried taking Melatonin to help you sleep better? It's very inexpensive and when used consistently has helped a lot of people I know to sleep better. I take a 10mg tablet about 30 minutes before bedtime.

Paul G

Melatonin

Paul - Good to hear from you. Have you tried taking Melatonin to help you sleep better? It's very inexpensive and when used consistently has helped a lot of people I know to sleep better. I take a 10mg tablet about 30 minutes before bedtime.
Thank you Barbara. I'll check the pros and cons before I decide. I had been taking Advil PM on a regular basis a few years ago but with my other meds that was not a good idea, so will see what happens here. I think it's my bladder that wakes me up, not irregular sleep pattern.

Thank you again

hawksfan9325

Isn't 10 mg's an extremely high dose? I have heard that anything more that 0.5 mgs is too much? I know the pineal gland produces around 1-3 mgs.

-Patrick

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I should have been more clear for sure. I do not take this every night. I established a good sleep pattern and now only use it when necessary. I have also taken the 5 mg dose. The melatonin is part of the protocol of the study I am in.

Paul G

Melatonin

I should have been more clear for sure. I do not take this every night. I established a good sleep pattern and now only use it when necessary. I have also taken the 5 mg dose. The melatonin is part of the protocol of the study I am in.
Thanks Barbara. I'll give it some thought and let you know results.

Paul G

treatment

I seem to have missed some info. My treatment went fairly easy. The tech had trouble getting blood from me the second day, did not get a full syringe but said he had enough. Who am I to argue. Anyway all I take now is one stemtrition tablet a day and one dose of Glutemin !! with regular nebulizer stuff, again daily. I heard some people talking when I was in Tampa, it appears they supplement the treatment with additional vitamins, pills, etc ..... I'm not going to do that, I take enough pills as it is. Had my treatment on Feb 5-6-7 2014.