TWIGS

I was diagnosed with severe COPD just as I turned 50 and have never stablized. Several years later I found I also have an Alpha 1 deficiency (carrier). I retired a couple of years ago at age 52. Recently, I began weekly infusions of Aralast (anyone else having this?). This is not a cure, nor will it make me better, but hopefully will slow down or halt my decline. A year ago, I was evaluated for a lung transplant, which seems to have terrible odds. Luckily, I'm not at point yet, and am searching for alternate treatments to avoid lung transplant.

I was pleased to happen upon the Stem Cell Pioneers cite and became a member after reading the posts. In researching stem cell possibilities, Dr. Grekos (Florida) gave me hope. In reading the posts here, I found others who have received therapy offered by him and his associates. A special thanks to Barbara 110808 for responding to my questions for pulmonary disease and her treatment by Dr. Grekos. I now feel more at ease with my preliminary choice. My next step is to find the cash and hock the house. Seriously - but I think it will be worth it.

Thank you to all that share their experiences and knowledge in the quest to better health!

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
TWIGS

Proceed with caution. It is an extraordinarily large amount of money. I advise you to wait awhile as it's still early in Bev's results.

I would never spend that kind of money unless I was 100% guaranteed I would be cured. Nothing personal against Dr Grekos or anyone else but I learned the very hard way which cost me a bit of money.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Dr. Grekos says cells must be delivered where they are needed. I think this is an important part of his treatment. It will be good to continue to follow the members who have gone there.

TWIGS

Money For Nothing

I agree its a lot of money, and I certainly am in no position to pay out over $55,000 plus travel. Proceeding with caution per suggestions, but the results do seem amazing. I've requested the Clinical studies that are available but haven't received them yet. Will advise.
Twigs

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
TWIGS

When I first went for stem cell treatment almost 2 years ago with Barb we both saw significant improvements within the first 3 months. Read some of our earlier postings and also our book we wrote. Almost two years later, the improvements have worn off for the most part at least in my case. I still am improved over what I was before stem cells, but now I seem to be sinking back into needing O2 all of the time.

I know how much of a financial sacrifice it is to pay for these treatments so I don't want anyone pinning a cure to any treatment at this time. I really believe the cure isn't far away.

Judy3

Twiggs

I went to Dr. Grekos for Pulmonary Fibrosis. was very impressed with him and he is the type of person that would not tell you he thot he could help you if he couldn't. I think the earlier you can get treated with the stem cells the better. He told me I might not get any better but he thought that he could at least keep me where I am. well, some things are better. Go for it!!!!! I felt my kids and the government would both squander my money so I might as well try to help myself. It is a lot, but well worth it.

Judy3

Had treatment Oct 26,2008

TWIGS

What Improvements?

Judy3, could you share what is improved or anything about your treatment? (In addition to the COPD and Alpha 1 deficiency, I have the beginnings of fibrosis from a couple of bouts of pneumonia last winter.) I would sincerely appreciate any info from anyone treated by Dr. Grekos. Thank you.