New forum for caregivers

kygal

I wanted to let everyone there is a new forum for caregivers of COPD patients. It is only a site for caregivers, to give them a place to go and talk to others, share ideas, and learn from each other. The new site is http://copdhelpmates.proboards.com/index.cgi and you have to register to be a user.

I am the moderator/administrator for the group and I'm a widow of a COPD patient. My husband lost his battle with this disease in 2007. I started this, with some help, to provide a place for caregivers to go to have a place to talk, share, vent and even whine. There were no such groups when I was going through this and believe me, I looked everywhere for help. I discovered there were support groups for everything in the world, even for hangnails but nothing for people dealing with COPD. But, this was also at the time that both the U.S. and Canada were advocating to let each country know just what COPD was. I'd love if you want to join us. We're just getting it off the ground and there's only a few members right now, but I know it's the right thing to have in place.

I've been a member of this forum from its inception even though I've not been a very active member over the last few years of my grief. But, I still believe that stem cells is the answer for a cure and I advocate for it every chance I get. I was determined to raise the funds to get my husband the treatment but I didn't get it raised quickly enough. I don't want to see that happen to anyone else.

So, I hope you join us and I look forward to getting to know you as you venture you through this journey.

Take care,

Mary

ozz

Mary

I can not log into your site. There is a piazza hut pop up, coming up all the time.

ozz

question on encapsulated mesenchymal SC

Can't targeted MSC's be the alternative to lung stem cells?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I got a message back about the Caregivers forum. If you would like to contact her, you can do so by private message on this forum. Click on Community, then K, the kygal and send her a message from there.

Kygal
Hi Barb, so good to hear from youl...how are you doing these days? Unfortunately, we closed the forum for the caregivers....several of the gals on there lost their spouses & one gal lost an older lady she was supporting and once that happened, it seemed things just quit being very active. I continued to try and encourage people to chat but you can only do so much without pulling teeth...I know you know that. But I'd be more than happy to chat with anyone...and we're hoping to maybe include something with the COPD Canada site soon.