Nepsis Institute-Ramirez Clinic Stem Cell Program?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Mid-February watch for more

Dave - I just got word that a nationwide campaign will begin as early as mid February to recruit patients. This company will have some promising new treatments I am told. 2009 should be a good year as I said before.

Last edited:
Barbara - Mid February

Yes this is what I understand as well. We have begun preliminary plans for a trip to Tijuana later in February such as travel, details of the stem cell therapy, cost, payment etc. and are also awaiting the mid February trial results prior to actually confirming arrangements for stem cell therapy.
Dave :)

Kaci's Mom

If I may ask, what are we talking about here??

I feel like I'm out of the loop all of a sudden- it doesn't help that my computer was out of commission for a while. Any way, I saw the name "Ramirez" on what you guys are talking about and now you've sparked my interest. Details guys, details!

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Please go to the Clinicals section. I have posted the information there for anyone that wants to contact Nepsis about their pilot study. When I get more details, I will post them, but at this time, it is better for individuals to contact them directly if they are interested in treatment.

"MIAMI" cells...

It seems that they are studying bone marrow cells targeted to certain organs such a the brain in my son's case. Here is the research article used as reference...
Research Article

Marrow-isolated adult multilineage inducible (MIAMI) cells, a unique population of postnatal young and old human cells with extensive expansion and differentiation potential
Gianluca D'Ippolito1, Sylma Diabira1,2,3, Guy A. Howard1,4, Philippe Menei2,3, Bernard A. Roos1,5 and Paul C. Schiller1,4,*
1 Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center and Research Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Department of Medicine, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33125, USA
2 D?partement de Neurochirurgie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire d'Angers, 4 rue Larrey, 10 rue Andr? Bocquel, 49100 Angers, France
3 INSERM ERIT U646, Ing?nierie de la Vectorisation Particulaire, 10 rue Andr? Bocquel, 49100 Angers, France
4 Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33125, USA
5 Department of Neurology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33125, USA

* Author for correspondence (e-mail: p.schiller@miami.edu)

Accepted 14 January 2004

We report here the isolation of a population of non-transformed pluripotent human cells from bone marrow after a unique expansion/selection procedure. This procedure was designed to provide conditions resembling the in vivo microenvironment that is home for the most-primitive stem cells. Marrow-adherent and -nonadherent cells were co-cultured on fibronectin, at low oxygen tension, for 14 days. Colonies of small adherent cells were isolated and further expanded on fibronectin at low density, low oxygen tension with 2% fetal bovine serum. They expressed high levels of CD29, CD63, CD81, CD122, CD164, hepatocyte growth factor receptor (cMet), bone morphogenetic protein receptor 1B (BMPR1B), and neurotrophic tyrosine kinase receptor 3 (NTRK3) and were negative for CD34, CD36, CD45, CD117 (cKit) and HLADR. The embryonic stem cell markers Oct-4 and Rex-1, and telomerase were expressed in all cultures examined. Cell-doubling time was 36 to 72 hours, and cells have been expanded in culture for more than 50 population doublings. This population of cells was consistently isolated from men and women of ages ranging from 3- to 72-years old. Colonies of cells expressed numerous markers found among embryonic stem cells as well as mesodermal-, endodermal- and ectodermal-derived lineages. They have been differentiated to bone-forming osteoblasts, cartilage-forming chondrocytes, fat-forming adipocytes and neural cells and to attachment-independent spherical clusters expressing genes associated with pancreatic islets. Based on their unique characteristics and properties, we refer to them as human marrow-isolated adult multilineage inducible cells, or MIAMI cells. MIAMI cells proliferate extensively without evidence of senescence or loss of differentiation potential and thus may represent an ideal candidate for cellular therapies of inherited or degenerative diseases.

I feel like I'm out of the loop all of a sudden- it doesn't help that my computer was out of commission for a while. Any way, I saw the name "Ramirez" on what you guys are talking about and now you've sparked my interest. Details guys, details!