Negativity isn't that easy to find

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
This appeared on a COPD forum that at times isn't very visionary. Of all the positive articles there are daily, this negative one was chosen to be posted on that forum. I thought the article was interesting enough to post however, because it is becoming rather transparent to me that many doctors are downright afraid of the U.S. not being ahead of the game with stem cell research and treatments. Advice is given to terminally and desperately ill patients to not go to another country. This very advice is fatally flawed if you get my insinuation. Also, let's have a lot more examples than just the case of the 9 year old boy who had a fatal brain disease developing a tumor. Many clinical studies here in the U.S. and other countries do end up with some of the participants not living until the end of the trial. Many drugs can kill us. Many hospitals and doctors are found guilty of malpractice. We could get hit by a bus tomorrow for heaven's sake. This child is one example that is being tossed out to us over and over again to make us shiver in our boots and not even take a chance on saving and improving our lives. Many good doctors and researchers do work outside of the U.S. and they tell me how frustrated they are at the slowness and the lack of interest and funding that has been prevalent in the U.S. Let's hope there is a turnaround in the near future. It's about time.

http://tinyurl.com/dfldln