need help

jcb

I am a MD practicing in Texas. My mother-in-law lives in Costa Rica. She has severe emphysema and is very interested in stem cell therapy. Can you please provide me with information regarding the treatments specifics (where, duration, number of treatments) and type of response, complications, etc.

Thanks

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Welcome -

There is a clinic in San Jose that is treating COPD. Also, Mexico, Argentina and Germany are accepting patients with emphysema. Does she live in San Jose? The treatment there extends over a few weeks using umbilical cord stem cell therapy in smaller doses than the clinic where I went in Mexico. My treatment consisted of a 30 minute IV with one large dose of umbilical cord stem cells. Germany and Argentina use adult stem cell therapy. A miniumum of 2 nights is required by most clinics. Again, Costa Rica is done over a longer time period. Germany, is asking for a one week stay which is necessary to prepare the cells. Prices vary also. Nassin who is a member of this forum has a brother who lives in Costa Rica who had therapy there for his emphysema. The last word was that he was doing very well. There are many of us on this forum that have COPD and have had treatment. If you have specific questions or need websites to check on any of the clinics, please e-mail me. You can do this by clicking on members list and then B and then Barb and e-mail me from there. You can do this for any of the members. We're a pretty nice bunch on here so if you see a post that intrigues you, please feel free to reply to it or e-mail the person who wrote it for a more personal inquiry. The best place to read about progress from someone who has had treatment for COPD is in the Updates threads which you will find in the pulmonary forum. I had treatment 8 months ago and continue to improve. I do not regret my decision whatsoever to become a pioneer. Stem cell therapy has changed my life. I welcome you to the forum. It's nice to have a doctor join. Even 8 months ago, we had few doctors who felt their patients were making wise decisions when it came to opting for stem cell therapy. Now, more and more are encouraged by the progress these patients are making and they too want to learn more.

Last edited: