my stem cell treatment

nsmeh2

I am a 80 yo (today) retired nutritional supplements researcher who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s 3 years ago.
I hope my experience helps others,

On May 23rd I was fortunate enough to undergo a stem cell treatment with Dr. Todd Malan in Scottsdale Arizona. The best way to describe my experience is-

A miracle has happened!

When I heard about Dr. Malan’s approved study utilizing my bodies own fat derived stem cells I was excited but also skeptical. I had previously undergone 2 stem cell treatments with Dr. Raider in Tijuana in March 2010 and April 2011. Those treatments used cord blood stem cells. Unfortunately those treatments had no lasting benefits.
Dr. Malan was the first doctor in the US to be involved in fat derived stem cell therapy studies for his plastic surgery patients. His experience gave me the confidence to try this new treatment despite no guarantees. I was one of the first patients enrolled in his new study in which my fat cells were harvested, the stem cells extracted, and then re-injected. The procedure itself was not painless but the pain was very brief and tolerable.

I have kept a journal of my status before and following the procedure in an effort to assist in the efforts of the study and to understand the changes I was experiencing.
In summary, this therapy has far exceeded my expectations. I am walking with minimal assistance, driving, speaking more clearly and functioning far better thanks to this treatment. I hope my experience will help assist others to find reputable doctors like Dr. Malan who are performing cutting edge research in an effort to assist patient with Parkinson’s.

My wife and I thank Dr. Malan from the bottom of our hearts for restoring me.

May 2013 (One week before treatment): Using walker and electric scooter. Often dizzy and off balance when taking small steps. Difficulty in speech and conversation. Difficulty reading and very forgetful.

May 23rd, 2013: Underwent stem cell treatment at Innovative Cosmetic Surgery Center in Scottsdale AZ with Dr. Todd Malan. The procedure lasted 2 hours. I was very tired and dehydrated after the procedure.

May 24th: I arrived back home still very tired. Could not walk and spent the next 2 days mainly in bed.

May 26th: A Miracle has occurred! I walked today without the use of canes, walkers, or electric cart and was able to attend church.

May 27th: Walking and speech continue to improve.

May 28th: Doing light chores around house without a cane. This has not been possible for years.

June 6th: I was able to drive to the office and the grocery store. I have not done that for quite some time. I walked without my cane. My voice came back stronger, I was able to talk more clearly.

June 8th: Margret took me grocery shopping without a cane. Arrived back home exhausted.
Medicine taken: Levo 2 tablets in the morning
Prostata tablets 2 in the morning
Prostata tablets 2 in theafternoon
Levo 2 tablets in the evening
Weight 148 lbs

June 9th – The increase in the number of tablets per day does not increase the benefits seen last week. Went back to smaller doses. Stayed home from Church.

Medicine taken: Levo 2 tablet in the morning
Prostata tablets 2 in the morning

June 10 – Slept better last night, walking better today.

Medicine taken: Levo 1 tablet in the morning
Prostata tablets – 2 in the morning

July 13th - The stem cells continue to improve. I have added Church attendance to my schedule, I’m going once a week, which I haven’t been able to do for a long time. I do this without using a cane. I also do my own laundry. I do get tired during the day, but I hope that I will get better. My voice is still week but improved. I am reading aloud which is helping a little. Among other symptoms were the inability to read. After one stem cell treatment at Dr Malans clinic my reading ability was restored almost 100%.
Medicine taken during the last month: Levo for Parkinson, one tablet morning and one in the evening.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Happy Birthday a day late. Thanks for your post. I do hope your improvements continue. Positive thinking is a big part of the battle!

You mention a study that your doctor is doing. What kind of a study? Is this just an in house study or is he doing a formal study of some kind?

nsmeh2

Thank you,
I apologize for any lack of details
I know he is a part of 13 other centers.
The study is (IRB) approved and is only to evaluate the safety of these treatments
He was one of the early doctors involved in treating patients with stem cells from fat stem cell in the US
His daughter has MS and which caused him to become a part of this study.
I hope that helps, I know they dont talk about it much but Dr, Malan is very knowledgeable and he personally spent an hour talking with me about the treatment when I contacted them and requested more information.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
No need to apologize. I appreciate your responding and letting us know. I hope you will continue to let us know how you are doing. I'm very happy for you.
I also think your background of being a nutritional supplements researcher sounds very interesting. Are there any supplements you might recommend for someone suffering from Parkinson's?

Dani

Hello and belated happy bday! I am also looking for stem cell treatment it will be my first one, I have muscular dystrophy and want to thank you so much for the time you took to write this posting!

I hope more patients would describe their treatment as detailed as you did mentioning name of the doctor and the before and after...I feel some people just do the "I had treatment and feel better"...and well there is nothing helpful in that.

So thank you! Dani

clinicalpioneer

it is tough task for current medicine

Hello and belated happy bday! I am also looking for stem cell treatment it will be my first one, I have muscular dystrophy and want to thank you so much for the time you took to write this posting!

I hope more patients would describe their treatment as detailed as you did mentioning name of the doctor and the before and after...I feel some people just do the "I had treatment and feel better"...and well there is nothing helpful in that.

So thank you! Dani
dani, it is difficult to treat Muscular dystrophy by stem cells.
1, there are types of muscular dystrohpy and each need different health genes for therapy.
2, the ideal therapy in the future is to use iPS, which derived from your own tissue and genetic modified, differentiated muscle cells from the lab. the lab generated your own specific muscle cell can merger with your existing muscle cells.
so far, it is still in the sci-fiction.

3, there might be some stem cell therapy can alleviate your symptom in short term. the possible mechinism is to prevent the necrosis or apoptosis of your muscle. but i really have no confidence on that direction. it is trciky treatment.

hopefully this reply can help you.