My Sisters Opinion Of Stemcell Clinics All Clinics Throughout The World!!!!

shazza

it was my sister who had the idea for me to go for stemcell treatment she saw some articles in different newspapers about a clinic in holland, and there were other clinics springing up throughout the world and decided to fundraise for me to go as it would be my only chance of any improvement!
before l was due to go the clinic was investigated and closed it was being run fraudulantly! l didnt let this put me off, l started doing as much research as l could to find somewhere else and found a clinic in the dominican at 1st l was excited but they kept phoning my sister all the time trying to book me in a.s.a.p and when she asked the dr where l would be injected he said " just in the legs and the stemcell will find there own way" this put us all off, we'd always believed stemcells where injected near to the area that was damaged!
ive carried on looking for another place, convinced that not all people are out for what they can make out of it ! l found out about the clinic in mexico when l joined this forum at the beginning of last summer so l havnt rushed into anything, the more l found out about it both through everyone here and looking on the internet the more ive liked what ive found out !
the other day my sister announced that she now thinks its all a con and that everyone on here is probably not who they say they are and maybe you're involved in some way with the clinic!
what l believe is quite different, although l believe there are some people out there wanting to make a fast buck there are also some that are genuine you just have to research as much as you can and ask questions too ,my sister also believes that none of you are who you say you are and that you are all connected to the clinic in mexico! l believe all the people here are who they say they are ive never thought anything else!
before the clinic in holland closed l remember my sister saying l had to think positive, that the state of my mind mattered. wht shes said has hurt as l always valued her opinion but l wont let her put me off!
she wants me to wait while the U.K is doing clinical trials, but ive said that might be years away and they'll concentrate on the diseases that millions get
not one that a few thousand worldwide get a year!
over the last few months my sister has said alot of things that have me and l swore to myself that l wouldnt let her hurt me again but it has before l was ill we were so close and l valued her opinion highly, shes travelling with me to san deigo l do want want to think as postively as l can shes very opinionated and im now worried that when we do get there shes going to keep saying what a waste of time this is! theres an expression here that says "if you cant say anything nice then dont say anything at all"!
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Sharon's sister

Hi Sharon - A positive attitude is real important in my opinion. I am sorry your sister feels the way she does, but only if you improve after treatment (wherever you end up going) will she have her doubts put to rest. It is scary and many people have a hard time believing that stem cell therapy is anything more than quackery, but I would ask your sister why there would be clinicals for something if it were all just a big con. The only difference in what we are doing and what the clinicals will provide is that we are taking advantage of getting treatment now and not ten years from now. I honestly did not have ten years to wait. My first choice was to go to Argentina. Then we found something closer and for me I jumped at the chance because I could drive there. This is one reason that a lot of COPD patients end up going to the clinic that is the easiest for them to get to. We do have a lot of forum members from the U.S. that suffer from COPD. Most of us are on O2 24/7 and the thought of a long plane ride is not appealing. I continue to ask other companies and doctors to join our forum as I think it is important for all of us to learn as much as we can. We will have a new doctor/company that is going to do a special nutritional Ask the Doctor forum next month. Dr. Peimer will be hosting the regular Ask the Doctor forum for February. Dr. Peimer is also going to do a sponsor ad on the forum. I also have been corresponding with a clinic in Russia to see what they are offering. Yes, there are some doctors and clinics that may want to take your money and give you little in return, but there are also some very caring doctors and companies that are pioneering for us so that we may have better lives. I hope your sister will redirect her energy to something more positive for you. You ultimately need to make your own decision. It is your life, but I am sure you would like to have your sister on your side. I don't know what else to tell you or her. This forum would love to have more members who have had stem cell treatment for anything, anywhere with negative or positive results.

Achillian

Sharon's sister

I just want to say that I, for one have nothing to do with the Mexican clinic. We're not all in this for the purpose of advertising any clinic. I find that rather offensive, to be honest!
For the record, I had my stem cells in Germany and have never even mentioned the name of the clinic.
Go for it Sharon, stay positive!! If you wait for research, treatment in the UK, you could be in for a long wait!
I wish you the very best of luck, and please keep us updated.
Anne.:)

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Message to Sharon

Sharon - In light of what your sister has said to you, perhaps you could invite her to join the forum. We welcome anyone interested in stem cell discussion. I feel we have a very caring group of people on here. We do not flaunt the name of any of the clinics or doctors, not just for their privacy, but we do not wish to make this a commercial site. We do invite them to sponsor an ad to help with forum expenses and we also invite participation in the Ask the Doctor forum. I cannot see that anyone is showing favoritism here and I think it needs to be very clear that when the word "Mexico" is used that that denotes a country not a clinic. There are members on this forum that have been treated in Mexico and not at the clinic where I went. There are several stem cell clinics in Mexico, but I have COPD and very few clinics will treat that nasty disease. You are a good forum member and I don't think you would have posted what you did except that you were upset with your sister. I hope that you can try treatment somewhere if that is what the funds were intended for. Everyday, those of us that have these horrible diseases, lose a little ground. I am very satisfied with my decision to try to halt that progression. Your sister is not ill like you are and I can only hope that she will not now block your desire and hope to seek treatment.

shazza

To Everyone!!!

on mine and everyones behalf here l find what my sister has said very offensive this is not the only time that what my sisters said in the last few months has deeply hurt me and l dont think it will be the last!
ive come on this website everyday for months only missing a few weeks a few weeks ago because l was very down over something else my family have said over a different matter, so ive got to know you all well! ive always believed that to pass judgement you have to get to know them yourself first!
my sister is very opinionated and always likes to think shes right and theres no admiting she might be wrong about anything and while i'd love her to call number of you l know that she wont!!!
when l was going to holland she was all for it and stated that my attitude had to be positive so l dont know why shes had to say this now!
over the last few years shes changed so much we were once so close, inseperable, and now its completely the opposite! she says she doesnt want the money to be wasted but
this money was raised for me to use on stemcell treatment now and not to sit in a bank gaining interest for god knows how many years, so how is that a waste!!! l want the people who are going with to have positive thoughts, but l will be telling my sister that l dont want to hear another of her opinions, shes now working fulltime and long hours so l only see her once a week but over the last two months ive ended up in tears everytime shes visited!
l think she assummes we only discuss the SCB clinic and doesnt know we discuss many l try not to assumme anything and will question everything, ive always believed that if you dont ask questions you dont learn anything but l will be saying to her that before she forms her opinions she should join here herself to see what this forum is all about!!!!
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Your sister needs to join us

Sharon - I do hope you can convince her to join so that she will at least be able to have an opinion based on what she reads here and not something she is just imagining. I do hope that you will be able to get treatment in the not too distant future. In the meantime, hang in there, don't let anyone take your positive attitude away and know that we all care what happens to you.

shazza

hi barbara

Sharon - I do hope you can convince her to join so that she will at least be able to have an opinion based on what she reads here and not something she is just imagining. I do hope that you will be able to get treatment in the not too distant future. In the meantime, hang in there, don't let anyone take your positive attitude away and know that we all care what happens to you.

l dont pass judgement on someone without speaking to them first l like to form a judgement based on first hand knowledge! all she knows about this place is that its where l first heard about the SCB clinic and that a few people here have had treatment there! how can anyone form an a opinion with so little knowledge would normally astound me but my sister is very opinionated!!
l think if it were she or her daughters in my place she'd be very different!!
l know l can only get for treatment with her help and from day 1 she always said she would be happy to arrange everything, now she says she'll still go with me but its only as a favour to me because l want it so much!!
the last 6 and half yrs have felt like a life sentance l wont let anything she says put me off because l want my life back so much, l know l might not get it back as it was before but l believe 100% there will be an improvement!
l just dont know how much of one!
what she has said has hurt more than you know, this illness has left me an emotional wreck so for the last few days ive been extremely upset by what shes said, ive always had her support in whatever ive done and it hurts that she believes its a waste of time, but nothing she says will ever put me off we're hoping to go april or may i'll have my positive attitude back by then, thats if the clinic gets back to me by then lol im waiting to hear from them!
they're going to ring my assistant!
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Fear of the unknown

Sharon - I won't pass judgment either. Your sister may be terrified for you. Sometimes, chronic illness can bring out the worst in our caretakers because they really don't know how to deal with it all. I am here to support whatever decision you make. Many of us have been down that road and it isn't easy. Try to keep your mind occupied with positive thinking. You are also helping others by pioneering. Keep that in mind. What all of us are doing is opening up doors for others in the future. That right there is something that you can commend yourself for. You have the guts and the vision to take charge of your life and get your health back. I realize I may not ever get mine back 100 percent either, but what I have done so far sure as heck beats out any other treatment that was available to me. I have no regrets. Hang in there!

hlichten

Super Moderator
Please keep in mind that, although I blasted your sister,
I wish the absolute very best for you and your health!! :)

I meant in NO WAY to hurt you with what I said.

You said that she does not read this forum.
OK, great, and if she does, that's fine also:

With that said, she needs to absolutely take you somewhere
for a stem cell treatment. No exceptions!

Do you have other family or friends nearby?

You need to find someone with authority to put heavy pressure on her NOW to take you. Money has been raised for you to be treated. Your sister needs to understand that the only way for her to prove that she is not trying to steal the money is to take you!

Find a friend, family member, former teacher, clergy person, anyone who has a strong, persistent personality to lay down this demand to her.
Speak to them about this in total privacy.

Otherwise, she is going to put it off, intentionally, forever.

And, again, I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST.

Jimmarshall

reply about sister,stem cell, and so forth

Ok, I'm new to this ,but I figured that I would put my two cents in....I've got copd/emphysema...on oxygen about 50% of the time. Doctor suggested I get on lung transplant list. I checked into 5 year survival rates, even called The Mayo Clinic..Bottom l,ine is after 5 years, you have a 44% chance of still being alive,and I understand the transplant itself is no walk in the park...

Yes, there are rip off artists out there. I'm doing the doctor phone consultation tomorrow afternoon with the place that Barbara went to. I don't know any of these people on this forum, but they do sound genuine.

Lung stem cell is new...not much to go by.However, the people on this forum have indicated that it has helped them a little, or at least stopped the degeneration. I do notive that none of them claim its a miracle cure, or fast results. Seems to me a scam would indicate faster, more positive reports.

Like I said, I'm not expert, But I am researching this as much as I can. At present, I believe that this forum is genuine and the clinic In Mexico is a good shot at living longer.

Mysty119

Well Jim, I am in about the same boat you are. Been going to Cleveland Clinic every 3 months or so for testing and eventually can be put on the list, but for now they tell me I am too healthy. That there are others that would be ahead of me. I respect that and understand that. The people there are great and so very helpful and caring.
But I too, am seriously thinking of doing the stem cell!!!! I purchased the Stem Cell Book that Barb and Jeanine wrote. (They are the founders of this site). It is very informative and helpful. We can and should, do what we can to feel better!! We deserve it!!!!

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Mysty

Isn't that a hoot? They tell you that you are too healthy but still expect you to be able to walk a mile to qualify to a lung TX.

Anyone who is interested in hearing about the post lung transplant should privately email Tony in Dallas who is a member of this forum.

I've decided to do whatever it takes to keep my own lungs and I believe stem cells are going to be the answer. I am not cured, but looking back to where I was in Feb 2005 (when I was first diagnosed) I feel much better than I did then and my quality of life has improved. How many people with COPD can say that?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Tony - the ULTRA Pioneer

Tony's posts are also available on this forum. Click on Members List, then T for Tony and it will show you what he has posted. Tony is wanting to go for stem cell therapy this year and has already had a single lung transplant previously. This man is such a Pioneer that a new word needs to be thought up to really give him justice. I too have trouble with the lung transplant theory. They want you to be so sick that you can't do a thing and then you have to be healthy enough to get the lung so they work on that when it was where you were before they said you weren't sick enough. It simply makes no sense to me. I hope this post makes sense to the rest of you. I think you can understand what I am getting at. No transplants for me. I am more than ecstatic to have been able to be one of the very first to get umbilical cord stem cells for COPD. It has thrown the grim reaper off course and he need not pop his ugly head in on me for many years to come.

Mysty119

Jeanine and Barb

I have been in touch with Tony since about October of 2006. He gave me soooo much information on the transplant issue. I am very thankful for him. If he didn't have the answer----he'd find it. So I know how very great this man is. HE was the one who told me about you Pioneers!!!!;)

shazza

hi everyone

l heard from the clinic this morning regarding someone talking to the dr, unfortunately my sister will be the person who has to do that as she knows alot about my illness l say unfortunately as she will look for something negative in everything he says, once she has made up her mind about something she does that!
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Sister needs to listen

Remember to hold your ground. The money was raised so that you could get treatment and as Harv advised, you need to make sure your sister does just that with it. Find a trusted person who can intervene on your behalf if necessary. Good luck! You deserve it.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Shazza

No offense but why does your sister control your life? I realize you aren't well and neither am I but I make my own decisions and if I were you I would find someone willing to go with you if your sister chooses not to.

If she read our book she would see that we are real people and not some make believe folks posting here to profit from the sickness of others.