More publicity for Stem Cell for MS

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
About a week ago I read an article that said Mitt Romney's wife has MS so I went to his website and sent him an email telling him about our forum and our stem cell treatments. Here is Ann Romney's reply. Jeannine

PS: Please do not interpret this as a politcal message.

----- Original Message -----
To: jstergios@comcast.net
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 4:54 PM
Subject: Thanks for your message

Dear Jeannine,

Thank you so much for your message and your support for me and my husband. I cannot tell you how appreciated it is! Your group sounds very interesting and I am looking forward to learning more about it. I get excited to hear about smart people working together to make a difference and what you are doing sounds great.

Thanks again for your message and I hope to meet you on the campaign trail!

Sincerely,

Ann Romney

P.S. I just launched my own website, www.AnnRomney.com, and would love to have you visit!

ladystewart

Everyone

About a week ago I read an article that said Mitt Romney's wife has MS so I went to his website and sent him an email telling him about our forum and our stem cell treatments. Here is Ann Romney's reply. Jeannine

PS: Please do not interpret this as a politcal message.

----- Original Message -----
To: jstergios@comcast.net
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 4:54 PM
Subject: Thanks for your message

Dear Jeannine,

Thank you so much for your message and your support for me and my husband. I cannot tell you how appreciated it is! Your group sounds very interesting and I am looking forward to learning more about it. I get excited to hear about smart people working together to make a difference and what you are doing sounds great.

Thanks again for your message and I hope to meet you on the campaign trail!

Sincerely,

Ann Romney

P.S. I just launched my own website, www.AnnRomney.com, and would love to have you visit!
I have been on the MS website for the US. I will go out of country if I must. I feel that I am depressing my husband and children--I wish to have Stemcell trensplant--not FDA approved in US--UGH--hurtfull for those in US that cannot afford!!

Sharon

hlichten

Super Moderator
I have been on the MS website for the US. I will go out of country if I must. I feel that I am depressing my husband and children--I wish to have Stemcell trensplant--not FDA approved in US--UGH--hurtfull for those in US that cannot afford!!

Sharon
That is just how it is here in the USA.
It may be 5, 10 years or more for approval, and the first approvals may be just for one condition or another.
The FDA is not going to suddenly approve stem cell treatment for 30 illnesses.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Hope for all of us

LadyStewart - You mentioned that you are depressing your husband and children. I truly hope that they are supportive of you. You cannot help the fact that you have MS and do not blame yourself. One very key part of stem cell therapy (or any treatment) is having a will to get better and an attitude that makes you a fighter. It is so easy to get down. I think I was more depressed after treatment, than before. I was so anxious to see signs of improvement that I got real upset when I had any setbacks. There will be many. This is one reason Jeannine and I wrote our book. No clinic tells you how difficult it is going to be mentally after treatment. Our book lets you know that this is perfectly normal. Not just from our experience, but from almost everyone we have ever talked to who had therapy. There is hope. There is support here on our forum and that is something that no one can take from you or any of us. I am cheering for you.

Kitson

Sharon
Just remember SCT is NOT a cure for MS, not to mention the long term side effects that go with treatment. I get the impression you think you can have the SCT and all will be well.

I think we all hope for a better life post SCT, I have read some encouraging stories, I also have read about some not so encouraging stories.
I have had long talks with my neuro and one of the physcians who is in charge of one of the studies.

I don't know why type of MS you have or your level of disability, this is something you need to discuss with your neuro and have them explain the pros and cons of SCT. Most are not closed minded when it comes to this treatment, they are causious and rightfully so.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Kitson

In your last posting you said:

Just remember SCT is NOT a cure for MS, not to mention the long term side effects that go with treatment. I get the impression you think you can have the SCT and all will be well.

I'm not aware of any long term side effects from stem cells so I would appreciate it very much if you could share your sources for this information.

Thanks

Ed Johns

Banned
What long term anything are you talking about

And no one ever said it was a cure,but it sure helped me with my MS.I am doing things I haven`t been able to do in years.
Ed Johns 908 454 8818
Please call me I would love to talk to you.