moderation archive

Acting as Administrator, I have removed the three articles and the follow on posts from 10-19-07 and 10-20-07

After some effort by various people into the content of the posted story it has turned out to be a case of online fraud. This fraud case was then used as the core of a shoddily researched smear piece for a local tv show in yet another country.

I have since removed the follow on posts because, as pointed out by one of our members, without the articles the other posts made absolutely no sense at all.:eek:

This forum is a discussion board for people interested in and seeking help and information about stem cells and stem cell therapy.

It is not an alternative forum for tabloid TV and yellow journalism.

This sometimes requires the exercise of judicious restraint in what is allowed to remain on these forums, as I am doing here.

Any discussion or questions about this action should be taken up privately with me using the forum PM system or email.

Last edited:

TheBaron

I have split it into three messages to present the issues pertaining to each clinic reported. I gave the source to allow the reader to have the story in the right perspective as reported and only put my comments at the end and clearly marked. I find your comments as offensive and totally nonesensical :eek:

Now - who has given you the information that what the TV station in South Africa reported on the practices of ACT, Dr J Peimer and Clinic v. Falkenhayn in Germany to judge that the cases reported are part of a shoddy smear campaign for a local tv show?

Why did you not ask Dr Peimer why he seeks to silence critism and concern rather than answer it - to disprove it?

If Dr Peimer took exception to what he calls "hearsay, or extrapolated from the tabloid press." as he wrote to me in an email, why did you not ask him whether he personally would be taking the tabloid in question to court for damages?

Did you ask Dr Peimer why he simply walked away from ACT rather than exposing and reporting them to the authorities?

Ask Dr Peimer to put you in touch with patients they have treated? Ask Dr Peimer to put you in touch with the actual doctors that perform the treatment on behalf of Regenecell?

Instead, one set of so called hearsay is rejected in favour of another this time from Dr Peimer - and yes it is hearsay - because all you have is his word!

Did you at any time invite the TV station which acted as the whistle blower to comment?

Instead we are silenced because concern was raised about a serious issue reported in the press. And fraud has everything to do with it such as paying $30000 for stemcells you never even get!

Instead you act on the instructions of Dr Peimer instead of asking him to clarify and tell us what actions he is taking against the "shoddily researched smear piece for a local tv show".

I have split it into three messages to present the issues pertaining to each clinic reported. I gave the source to allow the reader to have the story in the right perspective as reported and only put my comments at the end and clearly marked. I find your comments as offensive and totally nonesensical :eek:

Now - who has given you the information that what the TV station in South Africa reported on the practices of ACT, Dr J Peimer and Clinic v. Falkenhayn in Germany to judge that the cases reported are part of a shoddy smear campaign for a local tv show?

Why did you not ask Dr Peimer why he seeks to silence critism and concern rather than answer it - to disprove it?

If Dr Peimer took exception to what he calls "hearsay, or extrapolated from the tabloid press." as he wrote to me in an email, why did you not ask him whether he personally would be taking the tabloid in question to court for damages?

Did you ask Dr Peimer why he simply walked away from ACT rather than exposing and reporting them to the authorities?

Ask Dr Peimer to put you in touch with patients they have treated? Ask Dr Peimer to put you in touch with the actual doctors that perform the treatment on behalf of Regenecell?

Instead, one set of so called hearsay is rejected in favour of another this time from Dr Peimer - and yes it is hearsay - because all you have is his word!

Did you at any time invite the TV station which acted as the whistle blower to comment?

Instead we are silenced because concern was raised about a serious issue reported in the press. And fraud has everything to do with it such as paying $30000 for stemcells you never even get!

Instead you act on the instructions of Dr Peimer instead of asking him to clarify and tell us what actions he is taking against the "shoddily researched smear piece for a local tv show".

The main functions of an Administrator on a forum are:

1. Help users that are having difficulty with the forum software.

2. Make changes to the forum structure as the forum evolves.

3. Act as a moderator to monitor post content and user behavior.

4. Take action when needed to enforce rules of conduct, both for users and post content.

The above quoted post is an example of one that will always garner attention from a forum admin or moderator. And inevitably, be moderated.

This poster has now been placed on user moderation status.

This means that he may still post, however any post he makes must be approved by a moderator before it will appear in the forums for all to see.

The reason? Conduct rules violation.

This post should never have been placed in the open forums. As was stated in my prior post, contact an Admin or Moderator for issues like this.

If anyone has an issue with one of the moderators or administrators, use either email or the built in private message system to bring your concerns up to any or all of the other moderators or administrators. Click on the "View Forum Leaders" link in the banner towards the bottom to see who to contact.

As to the contents of the quoted post, I will make no direct comments in this forum other than these: (and hope I in turn don't get moderated)

1. I have never been contacted by Dr. Piemur through PM, email, or any other method.

2. Post content is reviewed with a gimlet eye in light of modern society's predeliction toward litigation.

We do not have the time or resources to investigate everything someone chooses to post. We will instead judge the content using commmon sense and err on the side of caution in that regard. That will indeed mean that content will be removed on occasion, as has been done here.

I've removed these from the open forums.

I believe that the point has been made to TheBaron about acceptable conduct.

I still have him on moderation status for now.

However if any of you want to change that, simply go into the admin panel and change his user group back to Registered User.

Assuming no more flareups with him, I plan to revert him back on Friday.

TheBaron and I have been having an email discussion over what happened, and he appears to have mended his ways.

I have gone ahead an put his status back to normal.