Medical Doctor Recovers from Heart Failure after Stem Cell Therapy

cellmedicine

Adult stem cells

Very, very strange that you are promoting adult stem cell therapy for cardiac disease, yet I was only offered cord blood-based treatment at your Costa Rica clinic.
Dear Harv,

Actually I am not going to promote anything. Sorry. I love this forum and discussing about stem cells in a non-biased, non-promotional manner. But since I am affiliated with Cellmedicine I figured I may has well just be open about it.

ANYWAYS...so cord blood is considered one type of adult stem cell. Bone marrow, mesenchymal, and adipose derived stem cells are also considered adult. Companies such as StemCells Inc actually considered fetal derived stem cells as adult ! no joke !

so its a continuum.

hlichten

Super Moderator
...ANYWAYS...so cord blood is considered one type of adult stem cell. Bone marrow, mesenchymal, and adipose derived stem cells are also considered adult. Companies such as StemCells Inc actually considered fetal derived stem cells as adult ! no joke !

so its a continuum.
OK, I am not a stem cell expert by any stretch....
But cord blood is not autologous, unless it was saved from your own birth, and fetal is not autologous in any case.

Let me then rephrase my question:

What does ICM consider to be their current state of the art stem cell treatment for heart disease?

I feel that I am entitled to ask you this question, because I wanted a marrow-based treatment, went to your clinic, met Dr. Brenes and others there, and was only offered a cord blood-based IV treatment which I declined. It is a very nice looking clinic in San Jose, with a nice looking modern lab, and Dr. Brenes and everyone I met there were very nice, but they would not do the treatment I wanted, which I ended up having done in Germany.

Two days after I got home from Costa Rica, you had put up links to the YouTube videos which do promote autogous adult stem cell treatment at your facility, which I was not offered. Again, all I was offered was (non-autologous) cord blood which I didn't want, because I didn't consider it state of the art in terms of cardiac stem cell treatment. I felt this to be valid, because almost all cardiac stem cell treatments considered to be beneficial right now are using autologous cells, either from cord blood or peripheral blood, and CERTAINLY NOT from non-autologous cord blood, which, again, is all your company offered me!

Yes, I fully realize that every patient's case is different, etc. etc.

Now...

You can say that you "love this forum and discussing about stem cells in a non-biased, non-promotional manner", but I personally find this to be an insulting line of hogwash.

Why are you posting YouTube videos from your company's website if you intend for your contribution to this website to be "non-promotional"???

I contend that you are, in fact, very much promoting your company. In fact, I would be far less insulted if you simply stated that to be the case.

Last edited: