Lung Institute White Paper Reveals Evidence of Pulmonary Function Improvement

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Lung Institute White Paper Reveals Evidence of Pulmonary Function Improvement from Stem Cell Therapy
21 Jan 2016 by Maren Auxier
Lung Institute White Paper

A new white paper released by the Lung Institute shows an increase of 10 percent or more in pulmonary function for 48 percent of patients tested after receiving stem cell therapy for COPD, with an overall average increase of 16 percent.

TAMPA, Fla. – January 26, 2016: Lung Institute doctor Jack Coleman, Jr., M.D. recently released a white paper showing evidence that stem cell therapy for lung diseases improves most patients’ quality of life scores and, in some cases, pulmonary function. The paper outlines a study that was conducted following 100 patients who received autologous stem cell therapy for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

“COPD is currently the third leading cause of death in the United States, and we’re giving our patients an alternative option that doesn’t just mask the symptoms.”
COPD and Stem Cell Therapy“Although research on the use of autologous stem cells is still in its early stages, it has shown substantive progress in treating patients with few, if any, adverse effects,” Dr. Coleman stated. “COPD is currently the third leading cause of death in the United States, and we’re giving our patients an alternative option that doesn’t just mask the symptoms.”

Coleman’s white paper summarizes the results of a study where approximately 100 patients with lung diseases were treated using stem cell therapy. Three months after treatment, 84 percent of patients reported an improved quality of life. The average improvement was 35 percent. Additionally, 25 of the patients in this study group were tested for pulmonary function. 48 percent of those 25 patients saw an increase in pulmonary function of over 10 percent, with the average rate of improvement at 16 percent. This sampling of patients represents one of the largest study groups tested in regard to how stem cells affect those with lung diseases.

Lung diseases are degenerative, meaning pulmonary function is expected to decline, making an increase in pulmonary function even more noteworthy. Advancements such as this are why the Vatican hosts an annual conference on regenerative medicine and why the White House recently passed a bill approving stem cell research funding.

Supporters like the White House and Vatican are helping increase awareness as to all of the benefits of regenerative cellular therapy. In an article published on ChristianNewsWire, U.S. Rep. Chris Smith recently stated, “It remains one of the best kept secrets in America that umbilical cord blood stem cells and adult stem cells in general are curing people of a myriad of terrible conditions and diseases in adults as well as children.”

About the Lung Institute

The Lung Institute, founded in 2013, is a leading medical provider of regenerative cellular therapy for lung diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pulmonary fibrosis and interstitial lung disease in the United States. Based in Tampa, Fla., the Lung Institute currently has clinics in Nashville, Tenn., Scottsdale, Ariz., and Pittsburgh, Pa., with plans to open three new locations in 2016. To date the organization has treated over 1,500 patients, helping them breathe easier in their fight against lung disease.

willis

Jack Coleman who makes a daily living off giving stem cell therapy to COPD patients for extravagant cost ( most over priced I know of).
How many of these were paying customers, 100%, of course he is expected to provide evidence the Lung institute is conning 100's of people. I don't believe a word in his so called research.

Coleman’s white paper summarizes the results of a study where approximately 100 patients with lung diseases were treated using stem cell therapy. Three months after treatment, 84 percent of patients reported an improved quality of life. The average improvement was 35 percent. Additionally, 25 of the patients in this study group were tested for pulmonary function. 48 percent of those 25 patients saw an increase in pulmonary function of over 10 percent, with the average rate of improvement at 16 percent. This sampling of patients represents one of the largest study groups tested in regard to how stem cells affect those with lung diseases.

willis

I thought after 90 days I felt better also, now 17 months later it was a waste of money.
He selected 100 people IAW what their reply was to a 90 day check up ( coached replies most likely). They only tested 25 PFT ( that is all that was conned into paying an additional fee or could provide a PFT afterwards)... What about the 400 they done stem cell therapy on in 2015, track them all for 2 years and it will be lucky if 20% feel better for getting it.

These guys are hype and way over priced in my opinion, the Lung Institute is 100% about the money. Half the people they done look already dead ( watch the videos), they could be stars on walking dead, an aspirin would make these people feel better. Yeah fly back in 90 days or 6 months for a fee and we will advise you on more things you should pay us to provide. These guys have a sells pitch to get every penny out of a person in my opinion.

Unless this study had a third party non profit supervisor on all aspects I would not believe it was more than something to get more business.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I don't know of any doctor that is claiming that 100% of patients who get stem cell therapy will get significant improvements. It's a risk one takes. It's also risky to do nothing or to have one's body destroyed by FDA approved drugs. Unfortunately, there are no free clinical trials that I'm aware of and most clinical trials like that are very exclusionary. The recent FDA approved clinical trials for the coils is a good example. Many who would have liked to participate didn't qualify. And sadly, there were some who suffered side effects as well as death. Others, have reported that they feel significantly better and the coils have been life changing for them. It's just a risk one takes when treatments are experimental. If the coils ever get approved in the U.S., one can expect to pay quite a lot of money for the procedure.

Stem cell therapy is an opportunity that allows a greater number of patients to be able to try and experimental treatment and not wait decades to do so. As far as cost, I don't know what you paid, but my advice to anyone considering treatment is that if it would put them in a financial bind that they may not recover from, then it is imperative to keep in mind that stem cell therapy is experimental and there are no guarantees. Many clinics will work with patients however and I know patients who have done successful fundraising.

I don't share your criticism of the Lung Institute or Dr. Coleman. I speak to many patients who have had treatment there and their results pretty much line up with the White Paper study Dr. Coleman published.