Looking into treatment for my 4 year old son

Mommy

Hi Everyone, I am Mom of a 4 year old boy, who was born with low muscle tone of unknown origin which the neurologists have labeled as "benign congenital hypotonia.' His primary symptoms include Low muscle tone in outer muscles; legs, trunk, arms, shoulders. His treatment in the US is basically Physical therapy, and this he has been doing extensively ever since he was 2

My aim is to have him attain the basic skills to manuver in his daily life. Currently because of this low tone he is very fragile when he is placed in the evryday environmet, He is prone to falling, being pushed, walks with a wide gate and cannot stand up when he is sitting down. I have been intouch with Beike Biotech for the last 2 months and they have sent me a treatment plan for him. I would be very grateful to anyone who can give me advise about their experience and quality of treatment there.

I am personally very inclined towards stem cell treatment for my son this summer. They talk about stem cell coming to the US in 5-10 years, but if this is a break through that can help my son 5-10 years down the road, then I'd rather consider it now than later. I am impressed with the correspondance that Beike offers to its potential patients, The doctors at Beike have been very candid with me and have told me that they do not guarantee any results since they have not seen a case like this before, However since they have treated many CP, MND, MD patients with low muscle tone, and most of them experienced motor improvement, which is why my son has a good chance of benefiting from this.

My husband however is skeptical of the treatment and I want to gather enough data and feedback to convince him that this treatment will not be 1. Harmful to my son in the longrun, 2.It will not wear off over time (given all the placebo effect the media keeps reiterating) and 3. I am picking an institution where the quality of procedure and care that is offered is very reputable.

Please advise me how to navigate your website to get answers to the questions I am looking for. Thankyou so much in advance.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
You need to look at the top of ouro forum where there are links to different clinics. Go to their websites and contact them and see if they can help your son. Good luck

Mommy

Thankyou for your reply. I did navigate your website but could not manage to find a link to different clinics. Can you please help me.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Mommy - Would you like to submit your questions to the Ask the Doctor forum this month? I think this would be a good way also to get an opinion from another expert. You need to research as many good clinics and doctors as you can. Let me know and I will be glad to include your question (s).

Mommy

Yes Barbara,
That would be wonderful. Please let me know what I need to do, and
Thank you for this wonderful platform that you have provided to us.