Looking for stem cell recipients who suffer from COPD

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I am looking for any COPD patients that may have had stem cell therapy done in the last year or two. I know that several companies boast of having given treatment to COPD patients, but so far the only one I can verify is a company in Argentina. I am not familiar with companies in Asia or Europe, so perhaps someone knows of companies that have verifiable information. I am a COPD patient and the company I had my therapy done at claims to have treated other COPD patients. I have not been able to get any information on these other patients and it would be good to know what to expect in the future. I am happy with my treatment, just unhappy that no helpful patient information was provided. I may have been the first for all I know.

barrybrooks

You do not look like a guinea pig~

Hi Barb; It is doubtful but I will look around for you too. I am developing a lot of useful contacts in my searching about COPD. As ever, Barry.:):)

P. S. Really interested in your forum as it covers both my medical problems.
Heart and lungs. Survived heart surgery with only a 15% chance of surviving. The operation was good but the infection I caught in hospital damned near finished me. Have been hospitalized about 4 or 5 times with CHF and am ingood shape now. If anyone wants to get any personal information e-mail me at bbrooks43@sympatico.ca or BBrooks@copdcanada.ca

lraynak

Pioneer Founding member
Progress news of my month old treatment

I recently underwent a clinical test to create a record of my condition with about a month after my stem cell trestment. The pulmonary examination was a complete test. I was in the booth with the devise clenched in my teeth,doing the blow instructions with the nose pincher firmly in place. Time and again. Afterwards it was on to the 6 minute walk. I didn't pass ( just kidding) but after a few hundred feet my sats began to fall, followed by an increase in oxygen level and onward till another reading showed a further decline in the sats. I ended a 4lpm, which I had never used at that level, but the tech said she was trying to keep the sats above 95 and thought it wouldn't be necessary in ordinary walking. That was the worst of the news. The more promising part of this test is there is a clinical benchmark to which I can now get another one down the road for a real evaluation of progress that won't be subjective. Another good thing I found out was my personal equipment- the FEV meter, the oximeter were as accurate as the clinic's equipment as I tested it side by side. Overall it does show that I have extensive damage to my lungs and will need time for for the healing process and to recondition myself. My readings that I recorded with my FEV 1 devise confirmed my progress matching my most recent readings. The clinics equipment read a bit higher. I will meet with my Dr. within another thirty days to get a sit down session with some new data.

My oximeter readings have been consistently in the mid to upper range 94 to 98 range at rest. There is a drop off after some exertion. I think the anti-inflammatory supplements may be working as it seems I'm breathing bigger inhalations. That may be part of me feeling good. I'm attempting to put together a list of the meds and supplements I'm taking compared to what has been recommended by Dr F. I do not match every one to what is the recommended because I am also taking an adult multivitamin and Mineral daily containing some of the supplements. I 'll e-mail it to you when I finished. This retinois acid is really Vitamin A which I take in some form already. The tocphenerol is really Vitamin E. which I know I'm already taking more than recommended.
Larry

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Thanks for the update Larry. You sound right on track to me. Weren't all those tests fun? The first time I got to sit in the booth, I thought I was a goner. Those tests are really tough to do. You did good - look forward to more updates as you discover new things. Also, I am going to use your idea and take my oximeter in with me the next time I visit just to make sure it reads the same as my pulmo's.

One thing I did forget to mention is that this is not some magic potion that "cures" you overnight. It is a slow process. The doctor who treated me said some people show no progress for up to 90 days even. Others feel a little something early on and then they may even feel worse again. I know this is what I experienced with my SOB. Now, I feel like I am over the first hurdle and I am ready to jump the next one. One night, I just felt that something had changed and I have been feeling better ever since. A very strange roller coaster ride to say the least. It can be depressing and I was bothered the most by being frustrated and impatient. I have lost the impatient feeling for the most part, but still get frustrated once in awhile.

Last edited:

felicia

amanda has had stem cells by Dr. Rader

My journey began on June 19, 1998, when my daughter Amanda was born. The doctors told me that Amanda had Cerebral Palsy. They said that she was very severe and had very extensive brain damage. Her brain scan showed that she had virtually no cortex left on the SPECT scan showed a devastating loss of the cortex. It also appeared that a large segment of the brain was missing due to brain edema. Like any parent I was in shock. I did not know what to do or where to turn.

As the days and months passed by we noticed she was not doing anything that she should be doing developmentally for the age of 9 months. Her head and spine arched back and always stayed on the left side with her head, and her eyes were always rolled up.

At the age of 9 months Amanda started doing Hyperbaric Oxygen. We noticed that her spascity was reduced, she was sleeping better, her nystagma was less and her vision improved. The next brain scan showed that there was more blood flow to her brain. We did Hyperbaric Oxygen for 1 year.

Amanda had turned 2 years old and she was better since the Hyperbaric Oxygen. She still had her head arched back but it was less. Her eyes would roll up less and her spasticity was less also. However, she was still not able to walk, talk, smile, or suck her bottle or look at us.

We heard about Fetal Stem Cell Therapy and I was very excited. I gave it a lot of thought about whether I should take Amanda or not, and I decided I would give it a try since I had nothing to loose because Amanda was already brain damaged enough. I followed my instinct and my heart.

We started to do Stem Cell Therapy when Amanda was 2 years old. Today Amanda is 9 years old and here are the changes we saw in the last 7 years with doing Fetal Stem Cells.
Amanda was not able to suck her bottle at the age of 2 but she now is able to suck her bottle and her sucking coordination came back.
Her eyes are more alive, alert and expressive. She now turns her head and eyes to look at me when I call her but before there was no response. Her hands are now more opened up too. The best thing that I love now is she is able to give me a huge smile. For me that smile means one million words! She is a lot more active and pays attention to what is going on around her and she understands a lot more too.
Amanda is now learning how to crawl, which is so amazing! She is able to stand up by herself for a few seconds. She wants to achieve it so badly that she puts all her energy into trying. We have done EEG?S and it has shown that her readings are much better. She is able to express herself with a sad face and she babbles more. I noticed she understand a lot more now they are periods that she does not eat breakfast and when I tell her if you eat daddy will play with you, within 10 minutes she is done her breakfast. At night she will call me and let me know she wants to drink, and goes back to sleep after her drinking this is a big step for her to call me, she is understanding more and more. Her brain scan showed an increase in the size of the cortex too. And now the best for last she mumbles ?MAMA? which is the best gift she could give me. We have gone for more stem cells and Amanda is improving a lot on her babbling more new sounds are coming out, she could go on for hours now and babble this is new for us. My husband also noticed when we ignore her now she will just look and say out loud HEY, she also is learning how to sit on her own when doing therapy, the therapist holds only her hands and the rest Amanda tries to balance herself. The new thing Amanda has just done is learned how to roll over, just 3 weeks ago I put Amanda on my bed with pillows on each side, I was gone for just 1 minute and I hear a boom, it was Amanda that rolled off my bed and fell on the floor. My god thank god she did not get hurt she landed on her belly. Now I know that Amanda is able to do a full roll over before 3 weeks ago she was not able, she would only go halfway and get stuck, I guess now she figured it out, and I put her on the floor from now on. Now she will look straight at me and start to talk to me in her babbles language. It feels good to have some sounds in the house now. I thank god everyday for giving her a chance to doing Fetal Stem Cells it has changed my life amazing and full of happiness in my heart.

There is a video of Ricci Kilgore she had an accident and left her with a spinal cord injury ever since stem cells with Dr. Rader she is able to walk now. Below is the video just click on the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbozmOL1kSY

If you need any help please email me.

Thank you

Felicia Gallo
email: felicia_gallo@yahoo.com

kathy

Pioneer Member
I've noticed several from another stem cell forum.
It's a fantastic group. I think together with our testimonials, and information we just might get somewhere.
Felica thankyou for the video on Ricci, it is very good and gives us all hope.

kathy

Last edited by a moderator: