Looking for information about stem cells via catheterization

Kaci's Mom

Hey... it's been a long time since I've posted. Kaci's doing great- but not as well as I'm willing to accept. I want better. We are planning our next trip to Mexico in June. I'm thinking we might go with a little more invasive, but direct proceedure this time. I know some of you have had your stem cells via catheter. I'm curious as to how you felt the safety of this proceedure was? How invasive is it compared to the IV injection we did last time? I am really most interested in hearing from the parents of kids with neurological disorders. I'm a bit concerned because the scarriest thing my child has ever been through was actually just an IV. And being that she is so cognitive, I don't want to traumatize her more than I need to (after the last time I thought she would never be willing to go through the stem cell thing again- geez it was just an IV). Any way, you get my drift.

Krisitn

alex

Hi Kristin,

Good to hear from you again.

As you probably remember, Frank had the stem cells delivered via catheter. It was put into the groin area and snaked up through his arteries to the right side of his neck. The whole procedure didn't take very long. I believe we were at Dr. Ramirez's hospital for a total of 3 hours (includes prep time, procedure, plus 1 hours observation afterwards).

I didn't think it was a big deal. But then again, I wasn't the one lying on the table.

We want to go again for another stem cell treatment this year as well.

I am thinking of going back to Dr. Ramirez, but at the same time I am also researching to see if some other places might offer something more suitable for Frank's case.

Frank has made some small improvements, but like you, I would like more for him.

alex

Kaci's Mom

Thanks Alex. I DO remember that and I was hoping you would reply. I appreciate any info I can get! Keep them coming!

Kristin

Last edited: