Looking for Help

Fredi

My emphysema is getting pretty debilitating. I'm interested in stem cell therapy in the U.S. Will appreciate any and all advice, guidance, etc.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Fredi - I personally have had many stem cell treatments of all kinds. I am not convinced that the current type of therapies available are able to do much more than keep inflammation down. I started taking Daliresp (aka Daxas) well over a year ago and have found that medication to be very helpful for me. Some people, however, haven't been able to get past the initial side effects which can be very difficult. I was one who got frequent bouts of respiratory illnesses and that is where Daliresp has really been helpful for me. If you haven't tried it, you might ask your doctor about it.

Recently, Jeannine and I had treatment here in the U.S. that was unlike any we have had before. I am cautiously waiting for a couple of weeks before reporting on the treatment, but at this point, I will state that it has produced the best results of any therapy I have had so far. I am beyond pleased. I will post a report next week.

Fredi

Barbara:

Thanks for your comments.

I also had bad experiences with daliresp. The side effects were worse than my copd. I'm very interested in how the promising therapy you alluded to turns out.

Thus far, my search for help has been a roller-coaster ride. Every promising lead has turned out to be a dead-end. Very discouraging; however, I'm not giving up yet.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Fredi

I had bad experiences with Daliresp too. Between the diarrhea and the rapid heart rate I just couldn't take it. Too bad because it sure kept my lungs clear.

Vancouverman

I also would like to get Dailiresp. Just to try it. However, in my country they call it "Daxas". Same ingredients. But doctors will not prescribe it to me because they think I have mild to severe Asthma and not real COPD.

I am very happy that I found Barbara and her great forum, because at the place were I am living the pulmonary doctors never heard of "lung stem cell" at all and regeneration is beyond their imagination.. But it is possible :)

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Vancouverman - Thanks for the nice comment, however, equal kudos needs to be given to the other co-founder, Jeannine. We share the work, believe me.

If your doctor's diagnosis is correct for you, I doubt if Daxas would help. Do you currently take any medications?

Vancouverman

Hi Barbara, yes of course I also want to thank to Jeannine and the other co-founders.

Currently in winter-time, I am not taking pulmonary medication regularly. Sometimes I use 1 puff of my asthma inhaler, but I try to avoid it because it raises my heart rate too high.

When I feel out of breath my heart rate raises inappropriately. I do take procoralan for reducing heart rate by 10 beats.

I do breathe hard regularly and have wheezing. And the lung x-ray is not perfect as it should be. The lung tissue is diminished - typically for people who suffer from Asthma or lung disease..

And when I was younger I passively inhaled tobacco smoke at my workingplace very badly.

best regards.
Franz

Last edited:

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
There are just 2 founders of the Stem Cell Pioneers forum. For a little history, originally we had a small online group of people who were interested in stem cells after we all saw a post on a COPD forum. The COPD forum moderators were not at all interested in stem cell discussion, so we formed our own group. Jeannine and I went on to pioneer treatment and start this forum which my son, Darin, helped set up. We have been pioneering ever since. Several of the original online group have passed away or gone their separate ways, but we stay in touch with a few of the originals.

Can you get Xopenex where you live? It is a rescue inhaler but does not produce the high heart rate that Albuterol does.