Liposuction versus Bone Stem Cells?

Tim

Has anyone done much reading on the differences between stem cells from bone marrow versus liposuction. Most of what I have read thus far has been about bone marrow stem cells, but I just realized they could come from fat via liposuction as well. I haven't found alot of comparisons though. I saw a orthopedic location that used bone stem cells stating that the ones from liposuction were more for organ, tissue, and nerve repair, but that about it. And another site that said you get less stem cells from liposuction than bone marrow. So I am trying to find more information on the pros and cons of each.

-Tim

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Tim - Stem cells from fat are called adipose stem cells. I received adipose stem cells plus 3 other types with my last therapy. The adipose stem cells in my situation were to curtail inflammation for one thing. I think you pose some excellent questions and since BioHeart is hosting the Ask the Doctor forum this month, I will submit your questions to them. They are well versed in adipose stem cells. You might want to read through the Ask the Doctor forums as well. Adistem hosted a session. This company deals strictly with adipose stem cell therapy.
Once you start reading through the posts on this forum you will be amazed to find out how many sources there are for stem cells. Fat, hair, skin, menstrual blood, placenta, bone marrow, umbilical cord, fetal, teeth, blood, you name it, it probably is a source of stem cells. The most common types we discuss on this forum are autologous (your own) adult stem cells, umbilical cord stem cells (also known as adult stem cells, but not your own), adipose (from fat), placental and embryonic. Not all doctors or researchers agree on what type of stem cells work best on which diseases.
Autologous adult stem cell therapy holds the most promise as far as being a type of treatment that we will see available in the U.S. any time soon. Have you joined ICMS? If not, I hope you will. It's a non profit grassroots effort that needs everyone's support. www.cellmedicinesociety.org