IOF Becomes First Orthobiologics Org to Begin Self-Regulation

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Dr. Chris Centeno
10-19-17
LinkedIn

As I and many others have discussed in other threads, this field in the US is on the precipice of being regulated out of existence. We have invited FDA into a vacuum of self-regulation and they have shown up to the party. As a result, physicians and their organizations need to take an active role in cleaning up the "Stem Cell Wild West". Hence, I put forth a motion to the IOF board (and recused myself from the vote) that restricts from sponsorship, podium presentations, or other partnerships companies or clinics that are promoting adulterated and misbranded 351 biologic drugs for use in the US such as SVF, culture expanded cells, or amniotic/cord "stem cells". The vote was unanimous and included the 4 other board members including an academic PMR physician, an academic orthopedic vet, an orthopedic surgeon, and a chiropractor-all of whom have no ties whatsoever to Regenexx. I would encourage all other orgs in this space to follow suit and begin cleaning up their podiums and sponsorship agreements.