Introduction

D

Diane Dietsche

Good morning. I was first introduced to this forum through the very interesting book that Barbara and Jeannine wrote. I purchased the e-mail version and read it that very same day. It seems I can not get enough information on this very hopeful process, Stem Cell Regeneration.
I am 61 years old and was diagnosed with Alpha1Antitrypsin Deficiency when I was 40. Since it was referred to in the "Stem Cell Pioneers" I know there are probably some others on the forum who share my diagnosis. I have been on weekly infusions of the replacement therapy, but my lung function has steadily declined. I retired at age 55 to have the time to devote to daily exercise (I believed that to be the reason I have done so well for so many years). I have applied to and been "regretfully" told I was not a candidate because of the Alpha1. I had thought that COPD is COPD no matter how it happened. I have found a clinic in Mexico with a very knowledgeable contact in CA, who believes they can help me with their Stem Cell targeted process. I would be going to the Nepsis Clinic in Mexico and I am very interested in hearing from members of the forum who have similarities in experiences. Like some members on the forum I am currently being evaluated for a lung transplant, but know that Stem Cell would be my first choice. I am so encouraged by the honesty of this forum and feel I have gained a lot of insight into the different forms of treatments out there and hope I can contribute along the way.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Diane

Welcome to our forum and also thanks for the compliments regarding our book.

I hope someone here will be able to answer your questions regarding the Nepsis Institute. Have you spoken with anyone there at this point?

Dr Payne is affiliated with Nepsis and also a member of this forum and a contributor to our Ask the Doctor section of this forum. I suggest you read his comments there to gain more information about Nepsis.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Nepsis is in the pilot program stage with treatment at this point for COPD. What that means is that it is highly experimental. I do like their philosophy of pricing treatment for the average man. They are a group of very bright individuals and I am hoping that their treatment proves to be one that provides regeneration. Only time will tell as more patients are treated there. We are all Pioneers on this forum and many need to be the first to try new treatments. I have met several of the people from Nepsis and find them all to be very knowledgeable, caring individuals.

I am not clear from what you wrote what you were not a candidate for. As for a transplant, I would try treatment at Nepsis or another reputable clinic in a heartbeat before considering a transplant. Many may not agree, but not many on this forum. You may want to consider the Stem Cell Advance treatment protocol. www.seachangeforlife.com This is a simple protocol that is having some fairly good, although slow, results for some participants. It can be done in conjunction with stem cell therapy.

D

Diane Dietsche

Treatment

Dear Barbara,
Forgive me for not being clearer. This is my first attempt with a forum and hopefully I will become a little better at it.
I was not considered a candidate for treating my emphysema, because my emphysema is the result of my genetic condition, Alpha1Antitrypsin Deficency.
I remember you mentioning it (Alpha1) in your book and so I was encouraged to hear that there was hope for me somewhere.
I have been going through "Repair Stem Cell Institute" and the latest connection is Dr. Payne and Nepsis. Toward the end of your book you mentioned the targeted approach and I thought you might have been writing about Nepsis. I read your comments that told me you went to the Dominican Republic.
I so admire you and your resolution and thank you in advance for any light you can shed on your knowledge of alpha1 and any attempts at stem cell regeneration for people with Alpha1. I keep saying (in my applications that I submit) that I am looking for help with my damaged lungs , not a cure for my Alpha 1.
How are you doing? I really am very interested and very hopeful for you and your journey which will only help us all and for which I am very grateful.
Thanks so much, Diane

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Hi Barbara. There are 2 Barbaras on this forum. I am the co-founder along with Jeannine. The other Barbara posts as Barbara 110408. I post as plain Barbara. I did not go to the Dominican Republic. I do feel that a catheter infusion is a good way to get the stem cells directly into the lungs. We do have other members that are Alphas. I am not one. I believe in the future, that a combo gene therapy and stem cell treatment may provide the key to actually curing your disease. Dr. Henry Young who participates in this forum sees no reason why alphas should not seek treatment. I think you will find this true with most of the clinics that treat COPD. Nepsis is using the catheter method as does Dr. Grekos if this is what you are seeking.

Repair Stem Cell Institute is a commercial site. You are probably aware of this. I have no problem with that as long as people know.

D

Diane Dietsche

Gene therapy

Dear Jim,
Thank you so much for sending that article my way on gene therapy for Alpha 1. It was especially interesting to me, because I was a part of a focus group on that kind of therapy 2 years ago, but did not realize they had indeed done it. I will watch it closely from now on. What a life changing therapy for those of us who get the infusions weekly.
Diane