Insurance Coverage?

OwensMommy

Hi Everyone, We contacted our insurance (Blue Shield PPO) today who told us that if the procedure is not considered experimental but is a legit procedure in that particular country, then they would reimburse the procedure costs when we filed a claim. What have been your experiences with insurance? We are leaning towards Dr. F in Peru at the moment, any info/advice would be appreciated! I did email Dr. F directly as well on this subject.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I have Kaiser and they don't cover stem cell treatments, legal or not, done by any doctor outside their group. Let us know what Dr. Feinerman has to say on the subject. It is legal in Peru, so that is an interesting bit of information that you were given.

OwensMommy

Good to know, insurance

Hi Barbara, thanks for your input, I too thought it was a non covered procedure in general, but I will see where I can get with it and I will let you guys know what Dr. F says about it.

Vaibhav

Insurance

Hi. We did an autologous bone marrow stem cell treatment in June 08 at a very reputed hospital in India by the name of Lifeline Multi Speciality Hospital. We were reimbursed the entire 100% amount. so yes insurance has paid for stem cell treatment - at least in India. we are living proof.