Installment 89 - Dr. Michael Johnson/Optimal Health Stem Cell & Wellness Institute

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Installment 89 - Dr. Michael Johnson/Optimal Health Stem Cell & Wellness Institute

About Dr. Michael Johnson
Dr. Michael L. Johnson is a Board Certified Chiropractic Neurologist who has been in private practice in Appleton since 1983.
He is the author of 7-books on natural protocols for thyroid disorders, autoimmune conditions, fibromyalgia, heart disease, diabetes and other chronic conditions.
In 2006, he formed the Neuro-Metabolic Super Group which is a group of doctors dedicated to healing patients with severe and/or chronic health conditions.
In 2016, he started the Optimal Health Stem Cell and Wellness Institute as a direct result of his own healing from stem cell therapy. http://optimalhealthstemcell.com/ 920-739-6971 2000 S. Memorial Drive, Suite 201 Appleton, WI 54915

Q: On one of your websites, you stated that you use adipose, bone marrow and amniotic stem cells, but that you felt adipose gave the best yield. What is the reason you would use 3 different kinds?

A: We started stem cell therapy in our office in December 2016 after I had great results with stem cell therapy for my MS (I discuss it in the second to last question).

We have thoroughly investigated all three types of stem cell therapy and we have determined that adipose is the best. We did amniotic stem cell on 100-patients (myself included) and only 5-patients responded (I did not respond). We came back and did adipose-derived stem cell therapy and all 95-of those patients responded. Frankly, I feel that we were “sold a bill of goods” by the producers of amniotic. The freezing process at minus 81 degrees F kills off any stem cells! I did read about that on the internet but I was assured by the manufacturer that wasn’t the case. Well, it was the case to the detriment of our patients!

As for bone marrow derived, here is the difference:

Adipose (Fat) vs. Bone Marrow Stem Cells
Adipose stem cells are preferred over bone marrow stem cells because they:
• Are more abundant
• Live longer
• Easier to harvest (take out)
• Protected from the aging process, so even if you are “older” your stem cells are still “good”
• Better at regenerating (creating more cells)
• Better at growing new blood vessels
• Better at increasing oxygen to damaged tissues

Adipose (fat) may be considered superior to bone marrow stem cells in many circumstances for multiple reasons.

Adipose stem cells are more abundant and easier to access.

Bone marrow stem cells harvesting is much more invasive compared to adipose (fat) harvesting. The bone marrow stem cells harvesting procedure is painful and requires sedation, increasing the risk of complications.
Adipose stem cells, because they are trapped in the fat cells, are considered to be protected from the aging process (senescence), unlike bone marrow stem cells.

Studies have shown that adipose stem cells possess greater regenerative potency compared to bone marrow stem cells.

Adipose stem cells have been shown in studies to be more effective in promoting neovascularization (creating new blood vessels). This is partially due to the increased amount of VEGF in adipose compared to bone marrow stem cells. VEGF is important in the formation of new blood vessels.

Because of this attribute, adipose stem cells therefore are able to increase more oxygen flow to the areas of injury, therefore creating even greater healing potential.

Adipose stem cells have also been shown in studies to display higher resistance to hypoxia-induced apoptosis (cell death due to lack of oxygen).

Adipose stem cells are also less susceptible to earlier cell death due to higher telomerase activity.

These are the reasons why we strongly feel that adipose is superior to amniotic and bone marrow.

Q: Also, has any of that changed since the FDA imposed new guidelines?

A: We haven’t heard a word from the FDA to date. We work with U.S. Stem Cell/BioHeart out of Tampa, FL and they started in stem cell therapy in 1999. Kristin Comella is their Chief Science Officer and I can promise you that she is on top of it. Since Kristin Comella and U.S. Stem Cell are on top of it and until we hear from the FDA, there is really nothing to say at this time.

Q: What kind of stem cells do you use for treating COPD?

A: Adipose-derived stem cells with nebulized PRP, homeopathy and nutritional supplements based on complete blood work. If the patient is local, we also do PEMF (Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Therapy) and laser therapy. I have a website dedicated to stem cell therapy and lung disease at www.ohlungsuccess.com.

Does this treatment also help at all with pulmonary hypertension which often goes hand in hand with COPD?

A: Yes, it is very helpful with pulmonary hypertension.

Q: Your website says treatment costs between $10,000 and $15,000. This seems like a major gap. Is it based on the type of disease, number of treatments or what?

A: Correct, it is based on the number of rehab therapies. In short, the rehab therapies (PEMF-Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field Therapy, laser therapy and Hako Med electrotherapy) all work to increase stem cells.

Our best recommendation is the Platinum Plan of 40-therapies but not everyone can afford it so we tell patients to pick the plan that they can do and we will work from there. We are willing to do whatever it takes to get the patient better. We also offer a separate distance plan where the patient and I get on the telephone or Skype once a week to follow-up. The problem with other stem cell clinics is that they never follow-up with distance patients.

Q: Can you describe your protocol for treating lung disease; emphysema specifically?

A: We do three (3) rounds of stem cell therapy. We usually start stem cell therapy as soon as possible, wait 4-6 weeks to do the second round and then another 6-8 weeks after that to do the third round. The patient pays for two-rounds and we provide the third at no additional charge. There are times that the severe lung disease patient may need four-rounds and we provide it at a reduced rate.

We also have the patient immediately start to do nebulized PRP (platelet rich plasma) which helps the lungs to heal faster. We provide the first three-PRP rounds at no charge and then it is $50 each time. In comparison, many clinics charge $500 to $2000 for one-round of PRP.

We do homeopathy to remove chemicals, heavy metal toxicity, radiation and infections from the lung tissue.

We do complete blood work (Complete Metabolic Panel—CMP, Complete Lipid Panel, CBC with auto diff, and Complete Thyroid Panel) on every patient to help determine inflammation, how internal organs like the liver, kidneys, stomach, adrenal glands, red and white blood cells, lipids, thyroid and other areas of the body are doing.

Finally, if the patient is within a 2-hour driving distance, we do our rehab therapies (PEMF and laser).

No other stem cell clinic utilizes homeopathy, nutritional supplements based on blood work and rehab therapy.

Q: If a person does not live in your area, do you have doctors in your program in other locations doing stem cell therapy?

A: No because no one and I mean NO ONE is utilizing our specific, proprietary protocols. As a result, we have patients coming from all over the world…England, Australia, Vietnam, Brazil, Mexico, etc. As I am typing this out, we have a patient in our office from Australia. You can see some of the patients at www.ohlungsuccess.com and www.optimalhealthstemcell.com.

Q: You also stated that if a person didn't live in your area that you have treatments that can be done at home. What would this involve and would I need to travel to your clinic initially and then continue to be treated at home? I ask because I have difficulty traveling. Thank you.

A: I understand as many lung disease patients have trouble traveling but as I have mentioned, we get patients not only from all over the country but all over the world as a result of our unique protocols. We increase the quality and quantity of the patient’s life so much so that many of our distance patients feel that it is no more than an inconvenience to travel.

As for what would be involved, yes, you would need to travel to our clinic for the stem cell therapy and nebulized PRP. We can recommend the nutritional supplements and homeopathy if needed. Portable PEMF and laser can be purchased if the patient is interested to use at home.

Q: PEMF is part of your treatment protocol. PEMF equipment is available for at home use. Do you recommend using it everyday?

A: Correct, I do recommend using it daily. You can purchase a portable PEMF unit at www.micro-pulse.com. Please note that I have no fiduciary interest in that company. It is merely the same company that I order my units from time to time. There is also a hand-held laser that we recommend that our patients have had good success with in regards to home therapy. If a patient is able to purchase these therapies for home use, great but if not, we will still get them better with stem cell therapy, homeopathic remedies and nutritional supplements based on complete blood work.

Also, if a person has a hand held unit, do you recommend using it right on the lung or heart area or knees or \whatever area is the problem or is it best to just move the unit all over the body?

A: I recommend using it on the lung acupuncture point which is just in front of the shoulder on the chest. I also may have the patient use it on their head. There have been numerous studies how magnetic therapy helps the brain.

Q: How have your patients benefited from PEMF?

A: Here is a brief description as to how the PEMF benefits the patient.

PEMF has been proven effective for:
1: Pain relief by increasing endorphins.
2: Increased energy via increasing ATP levels.
3: Nerve and tissue degeneration.
4: Improved Immunity.
5: Better Oxygenation and circulation.
6: Better sleep and Human Growth Hormone (HGH) .
7: Relaxation and stress reduction.
8: Builds stronger bones.
9: Better prostate and/or bladder function.

I have attached a thorough description of PEMF and laser therapy. You can also review our therapies at www.drj4pointtherapy.com.
Note from moderator - see reply section below for PEMF and laser information

Q: Is it as effective as the laser or Hako-med you use?

A: We use laser over the lung fields and it is the combination of PEMF and laser that really helps the lung disease patient. We do not use the Hako-Med electrotherapy unless the lung disease patient is also suffering with some form of chronic pain such as back, neck, knee or shoulder pain.

Q: Do any of your treatments help with hypoxia? I am on supplemental oxygen 24/7 because I have lung disease. I desaturate easily even when sitting.

A: Yes, everything (stem cell therapy, nebulized PRP, homeopathy, nutritional supplements) that I have described helps to increase O2 saturation.

Q: You mentioned on your website that in order to address genetic mutations, one has to address one's lifestyle. You suggest an anti inflammatory or paleo diet. What would these diets consist of for a vegetarian or pescatarian?

A: It is really not a major issue. With vegetarians and pescatarians, I would highly recommend that they avoid refined sugar, alcohol, and caffeine. They can still consume vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds. Vegetarians do consume soy as a protein so that is fine. With pescatarians, they are consuming fish so they can eat fish, vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds. You only have to do it for 6-months but most of our patients find that they feel so good after doing it for 6-months that they want to continue.

Q: PRP is something patients can nebulize at home it says on your Optimal Health site. I once mentioned on a professional website that PRP had helped my lung disease symptoms greatly (IV and nebulized) and was practically laughed off the site by medical professional skeptics. I abhor that attitude and admire the different approaches you are taking.

A: Yes, we hear it, too BUT the bottom-line is that IT WORKS as you have experienced. So they can take a hike because we see the results clinically on a daily basis. The ONLY thing that we care about in our office is that the patient gets better and we are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve that goal!
Thank you!

Q: Would a patient from another state be able to have his blood processed and sent back to him to be able to nebulize it?

A: We do nebulized PRP with all of our lung disease distance patients but only when they are here in our office. We attempt to give them a lot to take back home with them. I cover exactly how we do it on our “Lung Disease and Stem Cell Therapy” video at www.ohlungsuccess.com.

Q: I assume it is frozen or preserved in some way so that this can be done fairly frequently.

A: Correct, it is frozen to preserve it.

Q: Some doctors have stated that amniotic stem cells are not viable. Others say the complete opposite. To tell you the truth, it's a jungle out there of all different kinds of advice, viewpoints, etc. How can a patient navigate this jungle? The money involved for treatment does not grow on trees and insurance doesn't cover much of anything. I just feel overwhelmed by all of it. Your videos have been most helpful, but why haven't I heard of you before the posting on the Stem Cell Pioneers?

A: I covered the different types of stem cell therapies in question #1 and I have also just made a brand-new, updated video on lung disease and stem cell therapy where I cover it in detail. You can watch it at www.ohlungsuccess.com.

As for not hearing about our office, I don’t know what to tell you other than we are on social media (Facebook and YouTube).

Q: I thought I had done my research well for treating lung disease, but apparently not. Many clinics are just recommending adipose stem cell therapy or more recently bone marrow with no adjunct therapies. I think it takes a lot more than a stem cell treatment to help with a chronic disease that a person has had for over a decade.

A: Correct and I strongly feel that you will not see the results you do not do the adjunct therapies. I am not just talking about PEMF and laser therapy but nebulized PRP, nutritional supplementation and homeopathy.

Please keep in mind that when I had my stem cell therapy in CA. All that the clinic did was adipose- derived stem cell therapy and send me on my way. There was no follow-up or additional therapy. Fortunately, I have been in private practice since 1983 and I knew what to do! That is why our care is superior to any other clinic out there.

Q: That's why I found your information to be promising. I just wish I knew of someone who had had treatment from you.

A: As for someone that has treated with us, please go to www.ohlungsuccess.com and watch our patient success testimonial videos. We will be adding more patient success testimonials shortly! We even have patients that have been to other “pulmonary institutes” and they did not respond. We got them better so we have their videos coming, too.
As I have stated, due to our unique protocols, ALL of our lung disease patients have responded.

I am passionate about helping patients and the addition of stem cell therapy has allowed our clinic to help patients return to health even faster.

What is it that you are not able to do because of your chronic health condition? I will tell you that just as we have with hundreds of other patients, our office can get you back to doing it and more!

In closing, I will say what I say to all, IF you are looking for a doctor, NP, and staff that are willing to do whatever it takes to get you better, we are IT!

If anyone would like to contact me personally, my email address is mljohnson@askdrjohnson.com.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
PEMF Information

Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field Technology (PEMF)

There are over 10,000 research studies on PEMF (Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Therapy) on Pubmed.com. (Go to pubmed.com and search PEMF. Also go to www.pemfinfo.com, www.pulsecenters.com and www.youneedthepulse.com). (drj4pointtherapy.com)

PEMF has been proven effective for:
1: Pain relief by increasing endorphins
2: Increased energy via increasing ATP levels
3: Nerve and tissue degeneration
4: Improved Immunity
5: Better Oxygenation and circulation
6: Better sleep and Human Growth Hormone (HGH)
7: Relaxation and stress reduction
8: Builds stronger bones
9: Better prostate and/or bladder function

What is PEMF?

Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field Technology generates a pulsing magnetic field that many find beneficial for supporting the body's natural healing ability.

PEMF directly affects the systems responsible for healing the body -

No healing, repair or growth takes place in the body without the signals, or electrical impulses, sent by the central and peripheral nervous systems. PEMF directly impacts the nervous systems.

PEMF has also been found to induce GABA (an inhibitory neurotransmitter that calms and relaxes) in certain parts of the brain. When the body relaxes, the parasympathetic nervous system, takes control, and the body can start to continue its natural healing ability.

The science of PEMF is based on the fact that humans are electrical beings.

Your body's cells and the surrounding fluid carry charges that permit the flow of important nutrients into and out of your cells. Voltage imbalances, either too high or too low, can cause the cell to malfunctions. Dr. Harold Saxton Burr, a professor at Yale University, School of Medicine, discovered that cell voltage imbalances preceded the onset of disease.

Cellular Circuit:
A cell can be thought of as a circuit made up of capacitors and resistors. The cells' membrane and those of its organelles, such as the nucleus, act like capacitors. The briny liquid encased within the membranes, the cytosol and nucleoplasm, is conductive and so can be modeled as resistors.
PEMF works to level the playing field. Studies using PEMF show this technology may normalize the cells potential and stimulate repair response.

Check out these websites and watch the videos…

www.youneedthepulse.com and www.pulsecenters.com

All energy is electromagnetic in nature, and nothing happens in the body without an electromagnetic exchange between cells. We are all familiar with the electrocardiogram (EKG) and electroencephalograph (EEG) tests, which measure the electromagnetic activity of the heart and brain, respectively. When electromagnetic activity ceases, life ceases. Electromagnetic energy controls our chemistry. Disruption of this energy in cells causes impaired cell metabolism, and if our cells are not healthy, our body is not healthy, in whole or in part. The following is an introduction to magnetic fields, PEMFs, and their therapeutic actions in the body.

What is an electromagnetic field? What are PEMFs?

If you have ever held two magnets in your hands, tried to force them together, and felt a resistance between them, then you have experienced a magnetic field. The Earth has its own magnetic field, produced by fluxes in the molten metal in the core of the planet. The presence of this field is what causes a compass to rotate so that the ‘north pole’ of the compass points roughly north. A changing magnetic field (such as a magnetic field moving through a coil) generates an electric field (which would drive a current in the coil). This forms the basis for many electrical generators and motors. Similar to the way that a changing magnetic field can generate an electric field, a changing electric field generates a magnetic field. This is a natural activity of the universe. An electromagnetic field is a physical field produced by moving electrical charges. It affects the behavior of any other charged objects in the vicinity of the field.

PEMF stands for Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Fields, which are widely used these days to improve circulation and cell metabolism. The body can become accustomed to nonmoving (or static) magnetic fields, which are generally unable to deeply penetrate the body. A pulsed electromagnetic field, however, is quite dynamic, is able to penetrate all the way through the body, and creates a cascade of effects within the body.

It is important to distinguish between the electromagnetic fields we use for therapeutic purposes, and other man-made electromagnetic fields from power lines, microwave ovens, cell phones, etc., which can cause damage to our bodies. The PEMF devices we recommend all produce safe, natural electromagnetic fields which are of lower frequency, and are complementary to the chemistry and functions of the body.

How can electromagnetic fields have an effect on my body?

As we now understand, an electromagnetic field affects the behavior of anything with charge in the vicinity of the field. Our bodies are electric – every heartbeat generates electromagnetic waves throughout the blood vessels of the body, stimulating tissues at a cellular level. External magnetic fields and the normal electric and electromagnetic fields produced by the body interact. So, a magnetic field passing through our whole body will have an electromagnetic effect on each of our 70 trillion cells. As a result, magnetic fields act in basic and fundamental ways on molecules and tissues. They affect the most basic functions of all cells—human, animal, and plant included.

What are some basic cell functions, and how do magnetic fields facilitate them?

Some of the basic actions of a cell are to generate energy to eliminate waste, to repair and regenerate itself, and perform its predetermined functions based on the cell’s type and location in the body. Magnetic fields cause or increase motion of ions and electrolytes in the tissues and fluids of the body. It’s both easy and quick to move an ion or electrolyte in a living organism using magnetic fields. This movement stimulates a vast array of chemical and electric actions in the tissues of the body, helping them to rebalance or heal themselves where necessary.

All cells need energy to function. Cellular energy requires ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) and is fundamental to all cell and body functions and is necessary to sustain life itself. ATP regulates cell metabolism by transporting chemical energy within our cells. Low ATP levels cause our cells to be sick, and decreases their ability to heal, regenerate, or function properly. Through the increased motion of ions and electrolytes, magnetic fields help cells increase their energy (or “charge”) by up to 500%.

Why do I need treatment at a cellular level?

Magnetic fields also affect the charge of the cell membrane, which allows membrane channels to open up. These channels are like the doors and windows of a house. By opening cell channels, nutrients are better able to enter the cell, and waste is more easily eliminated from the cell. This helps to rebalance and restore optimum cell function. If you restore enough cells, they will all work more efficiently. Cells of the same type come together to make tissues, and those tissues come together to make organs. So, by restoring or maintaining cellular function, you will, in turn, restore or maintain organ function, allowing the entire body to function better. We all know that the body ages over time. Maintaining the function of every individual cell at an optimal level every day is an important part of slowing aging.

Can PEMF therapy protect me from future illnesses?

Cellular “injury”, the state of a cell when it is not healthy, leads to disease conditions. Magnetic fields protect against cell injury by improving circulation, repair processes, and energy, and increasing special stress proteins in the cells. These proteins are used to prevent cell breakdown and wear and tear, as well as help speed recovery from injury. Magnetic fields balance cells, tissues and bodily functions at very fundamental levels, even before damage and problems become obvious to you.

I thought magnetic fields were bad for me.

There are distinct differences in the effects of devices at various frequency ranges, from extremely low frequencies (ELFs), to very low frequencies (VLFs), to microwave level frequencies, radio frequencies, infrared and ultraviolet frequencies, and more. Most magnetic field exposure risk comes from power lines and cell phones, because of their particular exposure times or field strengths and frequencies. These frequencies and intensities, known as ‘electro-smog’, can induce heat in the tissues of the body and modify genes, and therefore can damage cells. Most PEMF devices we recommend produce frequencies in the ELF to VLF range, since they do not induce heating actions. They in fact form a great defense mechanism against magnetic field deficiency casued by electro-smog. The home-based devices we promote have carefully selected frequencies which are most natural and balancing to the body. Our recommended treatment devices have a very safe track record – even the much higher intensity and frequency diagnostic MRI machines have been found to be safe to the people that operate them daily, as long as the safety directions are followed.

Can I overdose on a magnetic field?

Low frequency, low intensity magnetic fields have minimal effect on healthy cells. In healthy cells, these magnetic fields seem to be ignored. A cell cannot make more energy than it is capable of. In other words, it cannot be “overcharged” with PEMFs. Only unhealthy or unbalanced cells need and use the extra energy from therapeutic PEMFs to get better.

How quickly will my illness or health issue improve?

Minor imbalances in individual cells can be rebalanced very easily before they become an obvious problem. Regrettably, many people wait until they have a significant health issue before they seek treatment with a PEMF system or get a magnetic system for their own home use. By this time, some problems have become too deep-seated to reverse, and only symptom control remains possible. It is important to say that PEMFs are not expected to cure disease. Their role is to stimulate the various functions of the body so that the body can better support and heal itself. Understanding the extent of a health problem will help the individual to have realistic expectations of the time required to produce expected or desired results. If the problem took a long time to get to where it is now, PEMFs may take a long time to give the greatest benefit – and may never produce hoped-for results if the damage is too great. That doesn’t mean they won’t work, and it doesn’t mean you won’t get significant health benefits. We need to respect the body’s healing timelines and processes, and work positively with them. When treatment is begun, the order of healing will follow the body’s own wisdom of what tissue and symptoms will be cleared first, second, etc. Patience and acceptance of this natural order will aid in the healing process.

Will magnetic fields replace my medication?

While PEMFs will not cure diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, or cancer, they still can make a huge improvement in overall function and symptom relief, and can be used alongside other treatments, including medication, for even better results. In many cases, PEMFs can be used to replace or reduce pain medications and other anti-inflammatories, but they should not be depended on as the primary treatment without discussion with an appropriate health care professional. They can become a primary treatment once a proper diagnosis and treatment plan are developed and the need for medication is reduced or eliminated.

How often should I do treatments? Daily, or only as problems arise?

Magnetic fields selected for treatment simultaneously provide health maintenance, not just treatment. PEMFs used in the home daily would be an important part of any prevention or health maintenance program, in addition to any treatment program. Magnetic therapies are usually complementary to other therapies, and they usually enhance each other’s benefits.

What can I do to improve the effects of PEMFs in my body?

Since most of the effects of magnetic fields happen because of how they act on ions, especially calcium, sodium, potassium, and magnesium, these ions and electrolytes need to be at the right levels in the body. It is difficult to heal depleted tissues without sound nutrition. Supplements may also be quite helpful for magnetic therapy to be most effective. Additionally, some individuals (particularly women) need extra melatonin to optimize health while using PEMFs.

What are some of the basic beneficial actions PEMFs will have in my body?

Increased Circulation
One of the most basic functions magnetic fields have in the body is to increase circulation. When a cell (such as a red blood cell) is injured or ill, it does not hold its ideal charge. This causes red cells to “stick” together, making circulation slow. When a magnetic field passes through the red cell, the membrane becomes properly charged, allowing the cell to repel itself and keep itself separate from other red cells, thereby increasing circulation. In addition, PEMFs increase various chemicals in the blood vessel walls that cause the blood vessels to dilate, improving the amount of blood flowing through the vessels and therefore increasing the amount of oxygen delivered to the tissues.

Poor circulation makes tissues unhealthy and prone to disease and breakdown. Improved circulation helps tissues get the nutrition and oxygen they need, while expelling the waste they produce. Good circulation helps with tissue healing and regeneration. The result of improved circulation is the reduction of swelling and the removal of bruising.

Enhanced Muscle Function
Muscle energy, needed for muscles to work, is developed through a process called Myosin Phosphorylation. Myosin is muscle, and phosphorylation is energy (ATP) production. Optimal energy allows muscles to work harder and longer, and recover more quickly from their work. Muscles that are contracted or in spasm are better able to relax, decreasing tension and reducing the pain caused by spasm.

Decreased Inflammation
Inflammation is a cascade of physiologic processes initiated by the body to repair cellular damage in tissues by increasing the blood flow to the damaged area and increasing the number of good inflammatory cells. The process of inflammation is generated and supported by the interaction of a number of immune cell types, with other cell types (like T cells) playing a regulatory role in the cascade effect. Inflammation is a necessary and beneficial process, but it often persists longer than necessary, resulting in chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation is frequently a cause of chronic pain. PEMFs have been found to reduce chronic, damaging inflammation. Inflammation can be initiated by many causes, and knowing the nature of the cause is important in designing therapeutic approaches.

T cells are a major regulator of the inflammatory cascade. In bacterial infections, early infiltration of the affected tissues by white blood cells is followed by the arrival of T cells, which kill bacteria. In this circumstance, eliminating of T cells can delay or stop healing. Conversely, in trauma-induced injury, T cells are less important to the healing process, and may be harmful if present for too long. In this case, elimination of T cells can minimize the unwanted effects of inflammation, accelerate healing, and reduce the risk of chronic inflammatory diseases. In chronic inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, or tendinitis, T cells support the persistence of the disease state, and removing them would be favorable.

Research shows us that PEMFs can induce the appropriate death of aged, chronic T lymphocytes, by actions on T cell membranes and key enzymes in cells. For example, PEMFs affect ion flow through specific cell membrane channels (like those for sodium, potassium, and calcium), which positively affect these enzymes.

Stress Reduction
Stress is part of being human. Normal stress, called eustress, is necessary for survival. Too much stress is very harmful to the body, and accelerates aging. Stress is responsible for at least 65% of our illnesses, so stress reduction is necessary for all of us. Stress-reducing activities performed only now and then will allow too much stress-related damage to accumulate over time. Therefore, stress reduction must be a daily activity. Magnetic fields have many stress-reducing effects. Daily use of PEMFs help to wash away the negative effect natural stresses have on our bodies.

Bone Healing
Magnetic fields pass through the body – even the bones – as if the body wasn’t even there. PEMFs work to repair bones, whether they are damaged by surgery, injury, or disease, and have been found to improve bone regeneration such as occurs with osteoporosis and osteopenia, among other bone destroying conditions.

Blood Oxygenation
Just as a fire cannot burn without oxygen, our cells cannot produce heat and energy without oxygen. Our lungs extract oxygen from the air we breathe. It passes into our blood and is carried by arteries away from the heart and delivered to the rest of the body, including all the organs. PEMFs help with the process of extracting oxygen out of the air we breathe and help it to be transported into the circulation. The absorbed oxygen is then transported through the body to all the cells, where it is absorbed into the individual cells. In the cells, enzymes and other basic cell energy production processes use the oxygen for cell metabolism, the energy necessary to function properly. The metabolism of an organism determines which substances it will find nutritious and which it will find harmful. Proper blood-oxygen levels at the cell level (not just in the blood) allow this process to continue quickly and efficiently. After the oxygen exchange takes place, veins carry deoxygenated blood and metabolic waste products away from those same cells and back to the heart for recycling again.

The purpose of this document is to provide a basic understanding of how magnetic fields, especially PEMFs, work in the body. In addition to these basic balancing actions, magnetic fields also help with many other functions and conditions, and new ones are discovered regularly. Some of these other actions include:

• reducing muscle tension
• improving tissue healing
• reducing pain/arthritis
• increasing energy
• improving clotting factors
• slowing the development of arthritis
• stimulating the immune system
• helping the body to detoxify
• improving the uptake of nutrients
• reducing blood pressure
• helping nerve function
• helping heart function
• helping liver function
• balancing the acupuncture meridians
• improving sleep
• making soft tissue more flexible

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Johnson Chiropractic Neurology Chronic Pain and/or Numbness Therapies

Johnson Chiropractic Neurology Chronic Pain and/or Numbness Therapies (www.drj4pointtherapy.com)

If you are suffering from chronic pain or numbness, nerves in your extremities (arms and legs) are dying off. The KEY to eliminating your pain and/or numbness is to stimulate nerves that are called large diameter afferents (LDAs)! LDAs prevent or inhibit pain, swelling, and/or numbness by firing in to an area in the spinal cord known as Laminae II. We also want to increase the firing of your brain cerebellum (the cerebellum controls your balance, coordinated movement and all of your spinal muscles). When we increase the firing of your brain and cerebellum, we decrease pain and/or numbness!

Here are explanations of our various therapies that we will be doing in the office to relieve your pain, numbness, and/or swelling. We may be doing one or all depending on the specific level of care that you require. You will notice that we mention the price of each machine, this is because there are cheap “knock-offs” of these machine coming out of China, we want you to know that we have the “real-deal!”:

#1: The M6 Laser:

The M6 laser is THE DEEPEST tissue penetrating laser available on the market! It is a $60,000.00 laser and it is a revolutionary break-through in laser therapy!

It provides the following benefits…

A: Accelerated cell reproduction and growth.

B: Faster healing. The laser stimulates fibroblast development (these are building blocks) in damages tissue. This can help in the reduction of recovery time

C: Increased metabolic activity. Helps the body increase output of specific enzymes; induces oxygen to blood cells and more effective immune response.

D: Reduce fibrous tissue formation. The laser reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or following surgery.

F: Anti-inflammatory action. The laser reduces swelling caused by inflammation of joints to give improved joint mobility. This is very important in relieving your pain and/or numbness.

G: Increased vascular and nerve activity. The laser stimulates lymph and blood circulation to allow the affected tissue to have the best possible circulation. It may also help stimulate nerve function. If you have a slow recovery or nerve dysfunction in damaged tissue, it can result in “dead” limbs or numb areas. Laser use will speed the process of nerve cell reconnection to bring the numb areas back to life.

H: The laser also increases the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle action.

#2: Hako-Med Therapy: The most advanced electrotherapy on the market today! The Hako-Med is a $25,000 machine!

What is Electromedicine and Horizontal Therapy?
We have just incorporated a new therapy, known as Horizontal Therapy. This machine (ProElec DT 2000) has been a breakthrough in electromedicine, combining all known forms of exectromedical therapy, in addition to this new revolutionary therapy. It is the most sophisticated form of electrotherapy available.

A German company, Hako-Med, engineered and manufactured this advanced unit to create a unique electrotherapy treatment concept called Horizontal Therapy. The field of electrmedicine has evolved over the years and provided us with electrical muscle stimulation, TENS therapy, microcurrent, inferential therapy, and other forms. Each of these methods of electrotherapy has a particular role in treating a variety of conditions, but none of them approach the therapeutic effects which are combined in the PRO ElecDT 2000 with Horizontal Therapy.

Communication between cells takes place in two ways: bioelectrically and biochemically. Whether the cells are in bone, muscle, ligament or nerve tissue, communication occurs via electrical currents and chemical messengers. When cellular communication is impaired, pain and disease occur, so that the normal functional state is lost. This causes a further breakdown in cellular communication.
Up until now, either the bioelectrical or the biochemical communication could be enhanced with electrotherapy at one time, but, not both at once. With Horizontal Therapy, both bioelectrical and biochemical components can be treated all in one treatment session. By holding the bioelectric intensity constant while changing the frequency, Horizontal Therapy can have a broad spectrum physiologic effect. The PRO ElecDT 2000 preset programs are designed to do this automatically.

What Types of Conditions are Successfully Addressed with Horizontal Therapy?
Conditions such as peripheral neuropathy, low back pain, neck pain, fibromyalgia, myofascial pain, overuse injuries, various kinds of headaches, muscle spasm, nerve pain, joint swelling, inflammation and many other conditions can be effectively treated with the horizontal therapy.

At low frequencies in the bioelectric range, circulation, lymphatic flow, swelling, pain and muscle function can all be improved. At higher frequencies in the biochemical range, circulation, lymphatic flow, swelling, pain, immune system function, muscle activation and metabolism are enhanced.

Effective Clinical Usage for:
• Back Pain
• Neck Pain
• Sciatic Pain
• Foot Pain/numbness/peripheral neuropathy
• Osteoarthritis
• Shoulder Pain
• Post-Op Pain
• Complex Chronic Pain
• Muscle Re-education
• Nerve Stimulation
• Relax Muscle Spasms
• Improving Range of Motion
• Poor Circulation
• Hand and Wrist Pain

Is Horizontal Therapy Safe?

It should be noted that the bioelectrical currents that are used in the PRO ElecDT 2000 are entirely safe. They have been rigorously tested and have surpassed all standards required for biomedical devices. The current is painless and in most cases is not even felt.

#3: Far Infrared Heat (FIR): FIR is not your standard “heating pad!” The heat that we use in our office is far infrared heat which is the deepest heat penetration available to help heal tissue.

#4: RAPID RELEASE Therapy (RRT):

Removing Scar Tissue Adhesions! (a key component in relieving your pain!!)

Scar tissue forms in the body as a temporary patching mechanism for wounds caused by surgery, trauma or repetitive stress. Scar tissue is connecting tissue not normally connected and they are called adhesions. Adhesions can spread, entrapping nerves causing pain or numbness and limiting range of motion. Undiagnosed pain and restricted mobility are likely to be caused by these scar tissue adhesions.

Scar Tissue Therapy

Rapid Release Technology targets painful adhesions using resonance. RRT has determined the optimum frequency for maximum effectiveness. Our frequency also triggers the Tonic Vibration Reflex or TVR. This frequency is well known to instantly relax muscle guarding, cramps and spasms. RRT is unique in the above properties as it operates many times faster than other therapeutic devices, and it feels great too.

Scar Tissue therapy is focused on relief of soft tissue problems caused by adhesions such as:

Knee Pain (specifically the muscles that support the knee as stated above)
Ankle and Foot pain
Hip pain
Shoulder pain
Elbow and wrist pain
Carpal Tunnel
SyndromeTendonosis
Muscle Spasms
Trapped Nerves
Range of Motion
Contractures, Neuromas
Back Pain
Headaches, TMJ
Tennis Elbow

#5: PNRT or Peripheral Neuropathy Rehab Therapy: PNRT is used to stimulate the large nerves in the feet and hands (LDAs) at 7.83 HZ (the specific frequency of the nerve) in order to gently “wake-up” the nerves.

#6: Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression (NSSD): NSSD might be indicated in some cases of chronic pain and/or peripheral neuropathy because of the nerves coming off of the lower back being impinged. Dr. Johnson will address NSSD on an individual basis with each patient. Please see the NSSD booklet for more information!

#7: PEMF: Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field Therapy: Please see the specific handouts on PEMF.

We help a LOT of chronic pain and/or peripheral neuropathy patients in our office and if we accept you as a patient, it is because we sincerely feel that we can help you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.