Installment 87 - Ask the Doctor/July 2016/Dr Burton Feinerman/Stem Cell Genetic Med

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
About Stem Cell Genetic Med

Burton Feinerman, MD is President and CEO of Stem Cell Genetic Med. His focus is on rare debilitating diseases such as; ALS, Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, Heart Disease, Macular Degeneration, Retinitis Pigmentosa, LAM, Lupus, Diabetes, Chronic Kidney Disease and Polycystic Kidney Disease.

Dr. Burton Feinerman, has been a physician for over 50 years, has spent the last 15 years solely on research and scientific developments in stem cell and gene therapies. His goal remains to “Challenge The Incurable”.

I welcome your comments and questions.

BURTON FEINERMAN, M.D.
10111 FOREST HILL BLVD. #255
WELLINGTON, FL 33414
941-592-6613 561-557-3358
bfeinermanstemcells@gmail.com
www.stemcellgeneticmed.com

Questions and Answers

Q: What would you consider the best treatment for auto immune diseases such as sarcoidosis?
A: Sarcoidosis is a multisystem autoimmune disease that can affect the lungs with noncaseating granulomas, pulmonary fibrosis alveolitis and intrathorcic lymph nodes; skin(plaques;erythema nodosum;rashes); liver damage; affect the heart; cranial nerve palsy.
The treatment that I use for this serious disease consists of autologous mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) isolated from both adipose tissue and bone marrow
administered intravenously along with anti-fibrosis growth factor; anti-translational growth factor; anti-tumor necrosis factor-b. Therapy of this kind should be repeated in 6-12 months. MSC are immunomodulatory and inhibit the autoantibodies that target the many organs especially the lungs, heart and liver.

Q: What would you consider to be the best stem cells for peripheral neuropathic pain? What about adult neural stem cells?
A: Peripheral neuropathy: is the result of an overactive nervous system in which pain lasts longer than the actual injury or disease. Nerves are left with epigenetic marks on the genes of nerves and immune cells. Molecular footprints affect the proteins of the nerves. There is a constant turning on of the nerves in the brain that can leave permanent damage and sense of pain as a result of this dysfunction.
Treatment involves the administration of neural stem cells into the peripheral and central nervous system and autologous mesenchymal stem cells.

Q: Do you consider embryonic stem cell therapy to be a safe option for clients?
A: Embryonic stem cells are multi-potent and can form any organ in the body.
There is, however, the potential risk of them forming tumors (teratomas) or neoplasms. Often there are choices of other types of stem cells that can be used. However in high risk problems such as Dementia, advanced Alzheimer's and ALS patients may measure the small risk to the possible gain by using embryonic stem cells.

Q: Why is treatment for neurological diseases so expensive as compared to something such as an orthopedic condition or lung disease?
A: Orthopedic conditions such as osteoarthritis; torn ligaments; rotator cuff tears can be successfully repaired by using autologous mesenchymal stem cells extracted from the patient's own fat or bone marrow plus PRP(platelet rich plasma) at relatively low cost. Neurological conditions such as ALS, Parkinson, Alzheimer's should be ideally treated with adult neural stem cells along with brain derived neurotrophic factor, nerve growth factor, neurotrophins, glial derived derived neurotrophic factor that are expensive and administered through a lower lumbar spinal tap.

Q: Why do you have no published data on your studies? Also, why keep clients' results confidential? Nobody is going to know much about your work like that.
A: I have published articles in several peer review journals a list of which I can provide you. I also have written "Stem Cells-challenging the incurable" that you can obtain from Amazon.com
I do have testimonials; videos and video seminars and lots of my work appears on You Tube. I do webinairs and Podcasts that go also to YouTube plus use PR Web for press releases. I plan another book later this year
I have fifteen patents that have kept me busy and word of mouth is effective.
I feel that patients have the right to privacy and that their names and medical conditions should be protected.

Q: Your website states that you offer gene therapies. Can you tell me what all that involves please. How is a patient determined to have a genetic problem; what is the treatment and response you've seen in your patients who have had this?
A: Ever since the Human Genome was discovered the ability to treat effectively genetic disorders has been developed.
Almost every gene mutation has been determined for large numbers of genetic diseases. Each one has a specific knock agent known as shRNA that can remove the gene mutation from the body. After that is done we can insert the normal gene easily by tagging it to stem cells and using a vector for delivery.
I have had success treating diseases such as Huntington Chorea Disease; Cystic Fibrosis and Tay Sachs knocking out their abnormal gene mutations with their specific shRNA agents and then inserting the normal genes. You can give me the name of most genetic diseases that I can treat successfully with this technique and more recently the use of CRISP technology. Go ahead and challenge me !!

Q: Is there a danger of graft vs host disease for patients who are not getting treated with their own stem cells? This scares me to be truthful about getting treated in another country.
A: Most diseases treated in the U.S.A. are treated with autologous stem cells.
There is no risk about getting graft vs. host using this method.
There are a number of diseases such as neurological conditions that in my opinion are best treated with adult stem cells such as neural stem cells; pancreatic islet stem cells that produce insulin; hepatocytes; cardiomyocytes. In fifteen years of doing stem cell therapies I have never had any rejection or graft vs. host using these agents
Where I think you can get in trouble is when instead of using autologous stem cells you use allogenic stem cells from a donor when you could have used autologous.

Q: Is a venous treatment the same as a prp treatment? Is this type of treatment more useful for lung disease and diseases that involve a lot of inflammation than other conditions? How often would be ideal to repeat this type of treatment in your opinion?
A: Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is mostly used in orthopedics in conjunction with autologous mesenchymal stem cells. It may also be chosen as an adjunct to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); cystic fibroisis and pulmonary fibrosis.

Q: Do you think ozone therapy is quack medicine or is there some value to it? Same question for HBOT and laser? Would these treatments enhance stem cell treatment?
A: Ozone therapy has been around since the 1890's and has had its ups and downs. It was very popular in the 1950's- 1970 in Germany and Switzerland.
Whenever there has been a serious new disease occur such as HIV, Ebola, Herpes, Cancer, Neuropathic pain there have been claims of its effectiveness.
On the other hand it may be toxic to the respiratory system; decreases mean airway resistance; maximizes maximal transpulmonary pressure; increases respiratory rate and decreased tidal volume.
Also activates anti-oxidant system affecting the level of glycemia;activates cytotoxins against serious bacterial infections.
Ozone is a mixed bag that should be used by experienced and trained physicians.
Hyperbaric Oxygen on the other hand has been used for long time for management of resistant wound healing. I do think it should be considered as an adjunct therapy for treating Traumatic Brain Damage, ALS, Parkinson, Alzheimer's, Dementia. It may be necessary to do at least 20-40 treatments.
My only experience with lasers has been with problems of aging of the skin; chronic acne.

Q: Why did a lot of doctors seem to switch from giving adipose derived stem cell therapy to bone marrow? It seems like everyone was offering adipose and suddenly that changed to marrow.
A: The FDA started cracking down on physicians doing adipose mesenchymal stem cell extraction using it especially for repair and regeneration of cartilage. The claim against this use was that the adipose MSC were not "homologous". As a result many doctors switched to using only bone marrow extracted mesenchymal stem cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.