STEMCELLREGENMED

BURTON FEINERMAN, M.D.

2627 N.E. 203 STREET #207

AVENTURA(MIAMI), FLORIDA 33180

TELEPHONE (305)682-1004 TOLL FREE (855)620-0411

bfeinerman@hotmail.com www.stemcellregenmed.com

Treatments in Florida and Peru

About Dr. Feinerman
Dr. Burton Feinerman is the President and CEO of StemCellRegenMed. He is a Graduate of New York Medical College and has completed his training at Long Island College Hospital, N.Y.; Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota; Chief Medicine, U.S. Army, 98th General Hospital, Germany; Chairman Medicine at Miami General Hospital; Opa-Locka Hospital; N. Miami General Hospital; Chairman, Cancer Technologies, Inc.; Kids Medical Centers of America,Inc . Anti-Aging Medicine Technologies. Member, Society of Apheresis; Society of Bone Marrow Blood Transplantation; International Society for Cellular Therapy; Society for Cranial Transplantation and Brain Repair; Society for Cardiac Translational Therapy.

Q: An adipose treatment can deliver tens of millions of stem cells to targeted areas, is there a "life expectancy" of these cells and therefore a brief effective period which suggests that further "bursts" of stem cells in the future are necessary?
A: Stem cells derived from adipose tissue will continue to divide. These stem cells like other cells in the body will age with time. Depending on the medical condition booster injections may be necessary to maintain the initial therapeutic effects. Stem cells derived from adipose tissue will continue to divide in a asymmetric division with one daughter cell preserving the qualities of the stem cell and continues to self renew whereas the other acquires the right to differentiate.

Q: Do stem cells age?
A: Hematopoietic stem cells have a life expectancy that may significantly exceed the life expectancy of the human body. However, reduction in the level of circulating lymphocytes as we age may be an indicator of hematopoietic aging. There are grounds to believe that age related changes in stem cells are reversible. This has been noted in muscle stem cells and hematopoietic stem cells. However, significant aging of germinal stem cells have been noted in niches. Epidermal stem cells no physiological aging has been noted.
On the whole, however, it is apparent that the number of stem cells in an organ and their functioning change as the body ages. One of the processes of cell aging is the accumulation of intracellular protein inclusions. When DNA mutations occur in the aging process proteins are formed that are misfolded This aggregration of these misfolded proteins in Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Huntington's, ALS diseases is among the most important factors in aging and death. It is important to introduce "molecular chaperones" called proteosomes to assist the body in getting rid of this molecular garbage.
From the point of therapeutics there are two approaches to treat stem cell aging in organs (a) stimulate existing stem cells in various organs to increase in numbers (b) administer specific lines of stem cells to repair damaged tissue and introduce new young healthy cells to the organ.

Q: Is there any evidence that an adipose treatment can repair tissue damage or is the benefit largely suppressing further damage?
A: Stem cells from adipose tissue not only can suppress further damage to damaged tissue but also can repair and replace the tissue with healthy new cells.

Q: In your opinion, what is the best stem cell treatment for IPF (Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis)?
A: IPF(Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is treated by me (STEMCELLREGENMED) with autologous pulmonary stem cells that are expanded to 25 million cells with G-CSF (granulocyte colony stimulating factor). This is administered intravenously which results in the cells being caught in the pulmonary trap (vasculature of the lungs). In addition patients receive mesenchymal stem cells; anti-interleukin; anti-fibroblast factor; trans-retinoic acid by nebulizer; glutathione intravenously and by nebulizer; stem cell factor. Patients receiving this therapy have stated that they have greater endurance when walking and doing mild exercise; able to be able to reduce greatly or stop their use of oxygen; sleep apnea goes away.

Q: I do not know of any clinics having appreciable success using stem cells to treat hearing loss. I am completely deaf in my left ear and have all the symptoms of autoimmune inner ear disease/Meniere's disease in my right. Doctors just want to give steroids or the CI option, which I would never do. Over the years, I have woken up to sudden hearing loss and have been lucky to gain it back. About 2 months ago, this happened and I have not gained it back this time. Please comment on the use of stem cell therapy to treat my condition.
A:New research continues to emerge addressing the challenge of hearing loss and also treating Meniere's disease. There has recently been a focus on self repair of the inner ear sensory epithelium using autologous transplantation; the use of hematopoietic stem cells to help repair the cochlea with dramatic hair cell regrowth; regeneration of hair cells within the human cochlea; hair cell regeneration in both the auditory and vestibular portions of the human inner ear.
Patients with hearing or ringing in the ears need to have a careful workup including MRI, MRI angiography, ultrasound and CT scan of the inner ear to rule out possible underlying causes of their hearing loss symptoms.

Q: Is someone with Stage 2 or 3 COPD a candidate for stem cell treatment? Can you simultaneously treat other conditions such as diabetes and heart when treating pulmonary conditions? What cell types do you recommend for these procedures and how many treatments? Would a patient have to return annually?
A: Patients with stage 2 or 3 are candidates for stem cell treatment. Autologous stem cells from the bone marrow, adipose tissue, peripheral blood; mesenchymal stem cells; pulmonary stem cells are among the type of cells that can be used. In addition trans-retinoic acid and glutathione are given by nebulizer.

Q: I want to know about how much effect supplements can have on the human body? Some seem to produce side effects. Are they worth taking for the most part?
A: I particularly recommend supplements to repair damaged DNA; stimulate new mitochondria production which when damaged accelerates the aging process; supplements such as Acetyl Carnitine, Carnosine, CoQ10,
Phosphotidylcholine, Pregnenolone, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Resveratrol which help in brain metabolism. For a healthy heart - Green Tea Extract, L-Carnitine, Superoxide Dismutase, Adenosine 5-Triphosphate, Resveratrol and StemTrition for stem cell stimulation of niches in the human body. Contact my office for more details.

Q: As far as you know, what type of stem cell treatment shows greater promise in treating neurological disease that is available at clinics? I believe cord blood derived stem cells might be best from what I can tell as it seems like it would have the best possibility of transforming into neurons.
A: I personally treat patients with neurodegenerative disease with neuron stem cells, which have been derived from umbilical cord blood. The neuron brain stem cells must be mixed with brain derived neurotrophic factor, nerve growth factor, neurotrophin/3 and glial factor and administered into the central nervous system and brain (to penetrate the blood brain barrier).

Q: I am still trying to get someone to tell me how stem cell treatments might be helpful for a decline in diffusion associated with emphysema. Would you be able to give me an answer?
A: I recommend stem cell treatments for therapy targeting a decline in diffusion in emphysema. The introduction of autologous pulmonary stem cells that have been expanded to 25 million cells; the infusion of mesenchymal stem cells into the vasculature of the lungs results in the repair of damaged and aging lung tissue and the regeneration of new healthy lung cells. This has been shown post treatment in improving dramatically pulmonary function and physiology.

Q: Will adult stem cell injections for knee cartilage regeneration affect an existing benign tumor condition in the lower abdomen? Will the injected mesenchymal stem cells turn the benign tumor to malignant? I have read some conflicting information on the internet - some stating that injected stem cells will stay local to the site and will not travel, but another said: "The behavior of adult stem cells depends to a great extent on their environment. There is no evidence to date that adult stem cells promote tumor formation in the human body. There is one exception. The growth of the existing tumor can be promoted by the insertion of adult stem cells and tissue that is damaged by irradiation can harden into cancerous tissue after the injection of the stem cells". I am not sure whether to have treatment or not as I have an existing benign tumor in my lower abdomen.
A: Stem cell injections for knee cartilage regeneration will not affect an existing benign tumor. The mesenchymal stem cells will not turn a benign tumor into a malignant one. The only types of stem cells that are capable of forming tumors are embryonic stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells.

Q: I looked at your website and noticed your anti-aging treatments. Do you have a general program or package that you use that combines stem cell therapy with supplements and diet? How often does one need to repeat anti-aging treatments or is it an ongoing thing? How long would a patient need to spend at your clinic to have an anti-aging treatment(s)? Would this also include gene therapy if needed?
A: We do have a anti-aging program that includes stem cells: bio-identical hormones (men and women); boosting the immune system; telomerase to increase the length of telemeres (the ends of chromosomes found in every cell of the body decrease in length as we age. Using telomerase appears to have a clear linkage to improving longevity.) Our program also uses agents to improve brain and heart metabolism; maintain healthy lipid and carbohydrate glucose levels; continue to keep sexual libido at younger levels.
Specific stem cell lines are available to administer to patients as they age either given individually or as a package including neuron brain stem cells, heart stem cells, pancreatic stem cells that produce insulin, kidney stem cells, liver stem cells, pulmonary stem cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.