I'm a new member!

radvic

Greetings, I am new to this forum so please bear with me. I have read several posts and am excited about participating. I am currently looking for stem cell therapy for two conditions; severe 'idiopathic' osteoporosis that has not been responsive to traditional therapies over a three year period, and heart disease. I've been to many doctors over the past 3 years including 2 trips to Mayo last year. I've really got these doctors perplexed. My bone problems are likely due to documented excessive radiation exposure at some time in my past, and my heart disease (100% blockage in right coronary artery requiring two stents, and another 85-90% blockage being at a branch being treating with medicine) is likely due to the high dosages of calcium I was taking for my osteoporosis. My wife and kids have recently received their passports and I am looking for a place to get stem cells ASAP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will be thoroughly reading all posts to get 'up to speed' with what your (our) forum has already talked about. I look forward to being a member, and I believe I have alot to offer.
Thanks,
Radvic

shazza

hi

Greetings, I am new to this forum so please bear with me. I have read several posts and am excited about participating. I am currently looking for stem cell therapy for two conditions; severe 'idiopathic' osteoporosis that has not been responsive to traditional therapies over a three year period, and heart disease. I've been to many doctors over the past 3 years including 2 trips to Mayo last year. I've really got these doctors perplexed. My bone problems are likely due to documented excessive radiation exposure at some time in my past, and my heart disease (100% blockage in right coronary artery requiring two stents, and another 85-90% blockage being at a branch being treating with medicine) is likely due to the high dosages of calcium I was taking for my osteoporosis. My wife and kids have recently received their passports and I am looking for a place to get stem cells ASAP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will be thoroughly reading all posts to get 'up to speed' with what your (our) forum has already talked about. I look forward to being a member, and I believe I have alot to offer.
Thanks,
Radvic
welcome!!! we discuss a number of clinics here and l hope by posting here regular you can decide which clinic your interested in, l would advise you to do as much research as you can though, l almost went to a clinic that was fraudulantly run luckily it was closed before l had chance to pay, so the money for my treatment is still in my bank!!!
sharon

radvic

Thanks for the imput

Hey Shazza
Great to hear from someone in the UK. I had some blood samples analyzed in the United Kingdom at the Health Protection Agency in October 2006 for chromosome aberrations related to my high radiation exposure. That lab worked on my dose estimate roughly 2 weeks BEFORE former KGB spy Litvinenko got poisoned in London. I have been researching stem cell therapy for roughly 10 months now and am convinced it is my only option left. SCB seems like it may be a nice fit for me and I plan on contacting them today. Wish me luck. Thanks for the advice.
Craig

hlichten

Super Moderator
Thanks,
Radvic
Welcome to the forum!
I am one of the few here with heart disease:
Ischemic small vessel disease, quadruple bypass at age 38, 2 heart attacks, more than 15 stents (don't ask why), angioplasties, more than 12 angiograms, 3 failed bypass grafts out of 4, class IV angina, brachytherapy, EECP, 2 stem cell treatments, etc.etc.

I would be happy to share anything that you wish to here about.

I have had 2 human cell treatments last year, the last was in early November in Germany. Nothing has helped yet.

Again, welcome!

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Radvic

Radvic - I sent you a private message with the websites for the most talked about clinics on the forum. We welcome you to the forum and look forward to your participation. Harv is an ultimate Pioneer in his quest for sure.

radvic

Thanks for the great welcome

To everyone who has welcomed me both publically and privately, thanks!
I have only been a member for a few hours and you all have been super. I'm glad you are here to help me with my own personal quest for treatment and sharing your own experiences. Isn't the internet great?
Craig

shazza

hi craig

Hey Shazza
Great to hear from someone in the UK. I had some blood samples analyzed in the United Kingdom at the Health Protection Agency in October 2006 for chromosome aberrations related to my high radiation exposure. That lab worked on my dose estimate roughly 2 weeks BEFORE former KGB spy Litvinenko got poisoned in London. I have been researching stem cell therapy for roughly 10 months now and am convinced it is my only option left. SCB seems like it may be a nice fit for me and I plan on contacting them today. Wish me luck. Thanks for the advice.
Craig
the clinic l was originally going to was closed over a year ago, l found another l was interested in the dominican republic, but its taking many, many treatments for it to work, l do believe it works but my own belief is that there diluting the treatment!! l am very severely disabled and l know of a little girl who is slightly worse than me and so far shes had 9 treatments and she'll need some more, so how many would l need!!!
so l started looking for somewhere else, and have took my time, l heard about the SCB clinic when l joined last year l sent for barbara and jeannines book about there experience with SCB researched it for hours each day posted people on here who've been emailed as l cant talk and just before xmas filled in the application form, and although l feel this is the right place for me l am having communication problems with them and l think its because l can only email as ive read peoples posts on here who are in touch by phone and there having none of the problems that im experiencing!!!!
sharon

hlichten

Super Moderator
That's all fine and good, but...
if the primary consideration is heart disease, or if heart disease improvement is desired from the treatment, I don't think that there is any evidence suggesting that cord blood cells are the way to go.

Almost every treatment, clinical trial, anything relating to stem cells and heart disease are autologous human blood cells of some sort. Either marrow (usually preferred) or some sort of peripheral cell enhancement process (not preferred). The former (marrow) is done in Germany and Argentina.

A few companies, including SCB make claims on their website that they have some sort of cord blood cell treatment for heart disease, but there is very little going on in the world to suggest that this is a consensus for treatment.

Of course, if we all knew how the "story ended" we could be that much wiser now.

Just thought I would bring this up, however.

Keep in mind that the bulk of people here who have gone to SCB for cord blood treatments are COPD patients who have found this to be beneficial, but they are not cardiac disease patients.

I have no idea what would be best for osteoporosis in the way of stem cell treatment, but would be happy to check into it further.

Last edited:

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Fact or opinion?

I do believe Nelson (nelo) had treatment at SCB for heart failure, COPD and diabetes. A triple whammy. I still stick with my advice and that is for each person to research and consult with several different clinics. If a clinic is asking for an astronomical amount of money, this is a good reason to pause. If they are not able to answer questions to your satisfaction, run! As the forum grows, it is my hope that more members will post who have had treatments for a large variety of diseases. I just don't see the solid proof that one type of cells is far superior to the other for all applications. Yes, it may be true for some (and to me the jury is still out on the issue), but there is no blanket approach that I can see except for ads done by the clinics to boast that their method is the best. As for COPD, I have found that location seems to be the main factor and certainly not cell type. The Argentinian clinic has had good success using adult stem cells and SCB has had good success using umbilical cords cells as has the clinic in Costa Rica. To my knowledge, Germany has not treated any COPD patients yet, but they are willing to. It would be nice to peek into the future on all of this, but until then, this forum does not give medical advise nor does it intend to, but we do welcome opinions of our members and we value their post therapy information on how they are progressing.

hlichten

Super Moderator
I do believe Nelson (nelo) had treatment at SCB for heart failure, COPD and diabetes. A triple whammy. I still stick with my advice and that is for each person to research and consult with several different clinics. If a clinic is asking for an astronomical amount of money, this is a good reason to pause. If they are not able to answer questions to your satisfaction, run! As the forum grows, it is my hope that more members will post who have had treatments for a large variety of diseases. I just don't see the solid proof that one type of cells is far superior to the other for all applications. Yes, it may be true for some (and to me the jury is still out on the issue), but there is no blanket approach that I can see except for ads done by the clinics to boast that their method is the best. As for COPD, I have found that location seems to be the main factor and certainly not cell type. The Argentinian clinic has had good success using adult stem cells and SCB has had good success using umbilical cords cells as has the clinic in Costa Rica. To my knowledge, Germany has not treated any COPD patients yet, but they are willing to. It would be nice to peek into the future on all of this, but until then, this forum does not give medical advise nor does it intend to, but we do welcome opinions of our members and we value their post therapy information on how they are progressing.
I pretty much agree, but for cardiac I have seen nothing to suggest that cord cells are the way to go. Just nothing there to suggest using anything other than human cells. I am not saying that COPD and other illnesses have not benefited from both cell types, and I am not saying that human cells are better than cord cells. Just speaking about cardiac, which is what I have researched more than anything else, since that is what my issue is.

Now...
Cord cells COULD end up being the way to go for cardiac down the road, but virtually nobody is using them right now.

And yes, I realize that SCB has used them for cardiac, and as for ICM, it is difficult to get a straight answer as to what they use for them. ICM Costa Rica told me that they only used cord cells, then a week or two later their website claimed that they used human cells for cardiac, so I just don't know what they are doing.

I definitely agree that we don't give any medical advice.

I am definitely no doctor, and any advice I give at all is coming from someone who has had 2 stem cell treatments and received no benefit.

So, I am sure it is easy to see how much good all my research has done for me!! :)

So, take it at face value, and/or with a grain of salt!!