I love you Nassin

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
For those of you on the forum who do not know Nassin, he is the first person we know that had stem cell therapy for COPD. He had adult stem cell treatment in Argentina in Dec. 2006. It is from his inspiration that the Pioneers group was formed and the rest is pretty much history. Today, I posted an update to the Pioneers group. I am copying it here on the forum because it is of such major importance to me and anyone else that is waiting to learn of the regenerative power of stem cell therapy.

My e-mail to the Pioneers 8/9/2007

I am going to post an update on the forum also, but I wanted to update you all and tell Nassin that I love him very dearly for opening the door for us. Several days ago, I started having longer and longer periods of time where I could go without O2. Last night I only got four hours of sleep. I decided to try not sleeping with it too and I think I got nervous and didn't sleep too well because I kept checking my sats. This morning, I thought enough of this obsessive oximeter disease I was developing. I would limit checking myself and see if this would put me a little at ease. I did fine all morning and when I did check I was at 90-92 with no O2. I then had this horrible attack of VAC. Not, NOVAC, but VAC. I got the vacuum out and used it to vacuum the lower level of my house. I have really not had an urge to vacuum since the day before my son was born when I wanted to see how many tasks I could perform without going into labor right then and there due to the exertion. My son, by the way is 32 years old, so this was very strange that it had been 32 years since my last VAC attack. (I do have someone that cleans for me in case you were wondering what kind of woman is this) There was a lot of dog hair build up and I just decided to see if I had more dogs than I thought or was it just piles of dog hair. I did the vacuuming without O2. I then decided to take my mom to lunch because I was on cloud nine. I was also getting very emotional. I think this is my 18 week anniversary if I am not mistaken. In only 18 weeks I cannot believe what is taking place. After lunch (no O2), I went to get lettuce scraps at the store for my bird refuge. I have been doing this for over 20 years and had to start sending someone else over 2 years ago due to my deteriorating health. Since my treatment, I have been going myself. I went into the store with no O2 and suddenly had an urge to tell all the workers in the produce department about not having my O2 on. I asked one lady if she noticed anything different about me and she did right away. They all got cheering me then and I almost cried in the refrigerated section. I got out to the car and did check my sats. I was at 85. The last time I got lettuce and had an O2 malfunction, I dipped to 63. What encouragement this is today. I then went to Costco which is a huge store. I decided to go in without my O2. I did go very slowly in there and I also had to park 1/2 block away. I started to feel tired at this point when I got to the car. I waited to get home however and checked my sats and I was okay. I know I probably dropped while in Costco, but I have decided to become less obsessive with my oximeter and also not give into the temptation to slap the nose hose on the second I drop to 89. Instead, I take the time to breathe my way back up to 90 or above on my own. I do take my portable with me, but left it in the car all day today. I feel like I am learning how to breathe on my own again. I know this is a major turning point for me and I hear my stem cell mate is having the same wonderful problems. Happy Anniversary Jeannine. I really feel like I am the one who owes Nassin the champagne. I was also thinking that this morning Mary Jo had her cocktail and how much she has to look forward to. I have said it before and I will say it again - I wish this on all of you.

Last edited:

stemcellpioneers

Administrator
Staff member
She told me she had an attack yesterday...and I asked her if she was alright, with no response other than check the forum. I can't believe how sick you must have been to complete that task. You should have called me!!:D

sp1d3rdan

Great News Barbara

I'm truly happy for you Barbara. The good news keeps people's spirits up. I'm glad to hear that your life has truly improved and continues to improve.

I look forward to a day when my breathing is back to normal. =)

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Thanks sp1d3rdan. Like I said I wish it on all of you. As for the comment from the administrator, (my son), I have no clue why I would have called him prior to having the overwhelming urge to vacuum. I suppose he would have proposed an intervention because he also suffers from NOVAC! Luckily, today I have no such urge! I will admit it was pretty scary wanting to vacuum.

kygal

VAC attacks

Barb,

CONGRATULATIONS! This is such wonderful news and you can just hear and see the joy radiating from your post.

I'd have to say that people would think I was on my last legs if I had a VAC attack....:eek: It's not something that strikes me very often either....:p I am just so happy for you and wish you all the continued health in the world!

Hugs,

Mary

cathryn

Banned
Bravo

Dear Barbara,

I am so pleased to hear how well you are doing! You, Jeannine and Larry as well as Nassin need to be commended for your faith and bravado for being the first to get the stem cell therapy for COPD. You are my heros and I am so happy that you are all beating something that has been long rumored to be unbeatable. All of us with this devastating condition should be following your lead and taking the plunge to get our lives back completely without oxygen. I would have started crying in the produce section of the store as well. It is one small step for most but a giant leap for those with COPD ( to go without their oxygen at the store). God Bless You All.

Blessings,
Cathryn