I have been diagnosed with IPF

DebG

Hi all...I am a new to this site. I was diagnosed in Nov. '11 with IPF which was confirmed in Feb '12 via VATS biopsy. I am very interested in talking with anyone who has used stem cell therapy for this problem. Especially those who have dealt with Dr. Feinerman. I know all his treatments are individualized but I'm sure he has a pretty standard protocol when it comes to IPF. Did you go for a week? Did you have 3 treatments? Did you use your own fat for cultivating your stem cells? How are you doing since treatment, i.e., stable, PFTs better/worse, improvement in x-rays, etc. Thanks in advance for your input. ~Deb

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
DebG - I don't believe that Dr. Feinerman is using adipose derived stem cells in his therapies. The treatment I had used peripheral blood, but it was a combination of the stem cells and other therapies that I believe made the treatment worthwhile for me. I don't have IPF however, but I know that he is using some unique methods compared to other treatments I've had. Hopefully, someone who has had treatment for IPF will reply to you.

My treatment was a 3 day treatment. I believe IPF patients may be treated for a full week. I really am not sure. Dr. Feinerman would be more than happy to discuss it with you I'm sure. He also continues to update and add to his treatments as new therapies are discovered.

dr. f.

hi barb,would you please give me dr. f address or email
going to set up for stem cell in nov of this year. i did talk to him about it but forgot to get his email address,i cant find it on the interent. thanks bill