Hyperbaric oxygen treatmemt

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
lraynak is one of our founding members has gone for hyperbaric oxygen treatments. Maybe he can tell you about his experience.

You can send him a private message by going to Community right below our Pioneers logo then select Members List, select L and then locate "lraynak" and send him a private message.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Message from Larry - (Keep in mind that he suffers from COPD)

I would like to tell you that HBOT treatments were effective as I had once hoped them to be. I researched and found a HBOT doctor who did prescribe 40 - 2 hour sessions at 2 atmospheres only in a steel chamber to achieve the two atmospheres. I completed 39 of the 40. I contracted a lung infection at the end of the study and I had a month or so recovery period. I could not do any stats that would show the effectiveness of the treatment with lung infection. I did this study from December to February when it was cold and rainy weather (Flu season)

Bottom line advise based on my experience:

Educate yourself before moving ahead.
HBOT is not recommended for COPD - I waived rights to do it - I have no regrets.
Did I feel better and improve breathing - yes, I felt some benefit even though it was from my pro active stance of helping myself with treatment.
HBOT is expensive- Negotiate for a reduction in fees, they may be as high as $125. per session. No medical insurance covers it for COPD.
After doing it once, I will not repeat it. The cost/benefit ratio isn't worth it.

I hope you appreciate the candor of this reply - It's my opinion. Feel free to ask me more questions if you have them.

The basis of my doing it was based on this study below:
http://ajpheart.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/290/4/H1378

This link is to a doctor who uses HBOT to treat neurological damage.

http://www.oceanhbo.com/

=

Last edited:
What condition are you going to HBOT for?

Shazza,
My son has received several hundred HBOT sessions at least and we even have a low pressure hyperbaric chamber at home. He has cerebral palsy and neuro-encephalopathy. We don't go as much as we used to, but they are beneficial. We have a week's worth of sessions scheduled for this coming May in Florida.
Dave

shazza

l have acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, how old is your son and when did he start having HBOT?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
HBOT fast becoming mainstream therapy. Sounds like a good workshop.

International Hyperbarics Association, Inc. presents
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: An Advancement for Neurological Conditions

The overwhelming number of positive studies regarding hyperbaric medicine has brought this critical therapy into the limelight of the medical community. From neurological issues to cancer, autoimmune diseases, or general rapid healing, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is fast becoming mainstream therapy for both pediatric and adult conditions.

This dynamic workshop, presented by five internationally renowned medical professionals in the field of hyperbaric medicine, is geared for the medical professional who is looking to further his/her knowledge of hyperbarics, learn appropriate protocols for pediatric and adult indications, combine it with other critical protocols, and understand how to implement HBOT successfully and profitably into a practice.

Target Audience:
The HBOT workshop is designed for medical professionals who are involved in complimentary medicine. It is designed for MD's, DO's, DC's, NP's and other medical health providers who treat a various range of conditions. It is also designed for the medical practitioner who specializes and General Health and Wellness.

Physicians who specialize in Autism, Stroke Rehabilitation, Cancer and other immune disorders would greatly benefit from this workshop.

Workshop Learning Objectives:
At the conclusion of educational activity,? attendees should be able to:

Identify individual groups of patients that would benefit from Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Successfully implement HBOT into their practice
Identify the standard protocols for Neurological conditions being treated with HBOT
in both pediatric and adult indications
What is Hyperbaric Therapy?
Hyperbaric Therapy, also known as Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, HBO or HBOT, is a specialized therapy that uses an increase in atmospheric pressure to allow the body to incorporate more oxygen into blood cells, blood plasma, cerebral-spinal fluid, and other body fluids.

For neurological conditions, the implications of this therapy are a direct response to inflammation, energy transport, and oxygen transport.? By providing oxygen under pressure, hyperbaric oxygenation allows the body to readily absorb oxygen to combat these underlying conditions that contribute to neurological deficit.

How oxygen molecules are compressed and infused into the various fluids of the body is the marvel of hyperbaric medicine.? Often, inflammation impedes proper circulation to affected neurological tissues further compounding the need for oxygen.? The compressive pressure of hyperbaric treatment constricts and works to resolve inflammation, imbuing the body in a liquid blanket of oxygen through the plasma and cerebral-spinal fluids.? Oxygen circulation is recovered, and the body is aided in expelling the excess inflammatory fluids needed to heal.

Energy transport in the cells is yet another factor that often affects neurological conditions.? Neurological conditions worsen when the energy producers, the mitochondria, are hampered from fully functioning.? The mitochondria of the body are sensitive to changes in oxygenation in the body.? When a lack of oxygen is detected, the body automatically slows its processes, conserving its energy for the most vital of parts, for as long as possible.? A chronic oxygen-deficit problem will lead to dire loss of body function in the most affected areas.? Hyperbaric oxygen again boosts the body’s own energy-making faculty, not only through oxygenation, but through a process which allows healthy mitochondria to proliferate and compensate for loss of mitochondrial function in the affected parts of the body and brain.

Oxygen transport is paramount to the body.? At the cellular level, oxygen is charged with reaching extremities through the microcirculatory system of capillaries and the blood.? However, when these two are slowed (or even stopped) by injury that limits blood and capillary circulation, the body must rely on other body fluids, such as the plasma which flows throughout the body, including injury sites, to carry oxygen to the ailing tissues.? When Hyperbaric Oxygen is introduced into the body, not only do the existing blood and intact circulatory vessels benefit from the boost in oxygen, but the plasma becomes saturated with oxygen that reaches wounds and neurologically dormant areas waiting for needed oxygen to begin the healing process.

Schedule:

Thursday, April 22, 2010
8:00 - 8:30 am - Overview of HBOT - Dan Rossignol, MD

8:30 - 10:00 am - Hyperbaric oxygen therapy research in autism and Mechanism of HBOT for neurological conditions -
Dan Rossignol, MD

10:00 - 10:30 am - Morning break

10:30 - 12:00 pm - Hyperbaric medicine for autoimmune disease and cancer - Frank Morales, MD

12:00 - 1:00 pm - Lunch break

1:00 - 2:00 pm - Hyperbaric medicine for pediatric indications: Common protocols - Kyle Vandyke, MD

2:00 - 3:00 pm - Hyperbaric medicine for adult indications: Common protocols - Donald Jolly, MD

3:00 - 3:30 pm - Afternoon break

3:30 - 4:30 pm - Hyperbaric oxygen therapy and chelation therapy: A powerful combined therapy - David Dornfeld, DO

4:30 - 5:00 pm - Nuts and bolts of implementing hyperbaric oxygen therapy into your practice - Shannon Kennitz

Reception to follow

15810, East Gale Avenue #178, Hacienda Heights, CA 91745